is it me..

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Locked
User avatar
ske
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1396
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: -= London MasSive =-

is it me..

Post by ske » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:39 pm

or is 93 stuff seem to be collectable right now? i've been ripping vinyl this evening and most of what i'd call dreggs of my collection according to discogs is a bit pricey??

out of 10 i've ripped so far tonight 6 have been £40 - 60 tracks all 93 the rest £15 - £20 with a lot of wants .. i know this isn't a good scale to measure worth but curious, has 93 always sought after?

User avatar
Junglist_Refugee
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Cork, Ireland -IMO

Re: is it me..

Post by Junglist_Refugee » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:57 pm

Yup, fully agree with that. Guilty of it myself. I have loads of 93, but after listening to some of Recoil's mixes, really got me back to the dark side!

User avatar
pinhead1000
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:02 pm
Location: midlands

Re: is it me..

Post by pinhead1000 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:05 pm

yeah a lot of the 93 stuff is well pricey especially if it was played by ratty seem to very sought after ;)

User avatar
oldskoolforever
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door
Posts: 6394
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:20 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: is it me..

Post by oldskoolforever » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:19 pm

ske wrote:or is 93 stuff seem to be collectable right now? i've been ripping vinyl this evening and most of what i'd call dreggs of my collection according to discogs is a bit pricey??

out of 10 i've ripped so far tonight 6 have been £40 - 60 tracks all 93 the rest £15 - £20 with a lot of wants .. i know this isn't a good scale to measure worth but curious, has 93 always sought after?
Funny you should say that, I noticed this too when cataloging a few tunes recently. Stuff like Love Dove Jay - Eman etc., couldn't believe it when i saw some of the prices on discogs. I guess it must be the current flavour !

User avatar
Traffic Cone
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century
Posts: 8538
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: London

Re: is it me..

Post by Traffic Cone » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:31 pm

its certainly pretty much all i buy oldskool wise now. wish my tastes were more 91 given the prices sometimes!

dunno if the fact that by 93 things were a bit fragmented exacerbates it? in that there's less copies around of some of the tunes, cos people were all buying different things? compared to 91 say. not really thought that through so it could be bollocks :D

User avatar
lentrix
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3658
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:49 pm
Location: london

Re: is it me..

Post by lentrix » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:39 pm

defo 93 because of more obscure tracks.

User avatar
warpedcore
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3254
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:37 pm
Location: brighton

Re: is it me..

Post by warpedcore » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:25 pm

the obscurer 1993 stuff is proper expensive now , can pick up bargains on stuff from 93 that used to go for loads now for example i picked up deaf in the family ep for £15 a couple of weeks ago and a little while ago jessicas jaw for £14 both off discogs and both in fantastic condition

this is another one that went for crazy prices i got a really good condition one for £35 ( still alot but not compared to the prices i have seen it go for ) and seen them for less than that recently on there as well
http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=74045&ev=rb

User avatar
Traffic Cone
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century
Posts: 8538
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: London

Re: is it me..

Post by Traffic Cone » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:56 am

and yet Skanna - Nightstalker is still £55! it's not fair! :( :-D

User avatar
warpedcore
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3254
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:37 pm
Location: brighton

Re: is it me..

Post by warpedcore » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:00 am

Traffic Cone wrote:and yet Skanna - Nightstalker is still £55! it's not fair! :( :-D
there was a few of them on there last year for under £40 wish i had grabbed one

pete.devnull
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1540
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:06 am
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: is it me..

Post by pete.devnull » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:28 pm

yeah I remember seeing that and just not wanting to place an order around then... kicking myself now :(
warpedcore wrote:
Traffic Cone wrote:and yet Skanna - Nightstalker is still £55! it's not fair! :( :-D
there was a few of them on there last year for under £40 wish i had grabbed one

User avatar
jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Posts: 11343
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:05 pm
Location: Leeds/Dublin
Contact:

Re: is it me..

Post by jonny » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 pm

I would have assumed early acid house tunage would come in as being the most collectable

User avatar
Traffic Cone
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century
Posts: 8538
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: London

Re: is it me..

Post by Traffic Cone » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:20 pm

pete.devnull wrote:yeah I remember seeing that and just not wanting to place an order around then... kicking myself now :(
i got mine for £3 when i was first getting into old breakbeat stuff...sold it to pay bills, def the tune i miss after selling the most. i have the repress but the "lost our religion" tune is my favourite and it's not on it :cry:

oh well.

anyway i hope this darkside popularity is shortlived cos i still want most of those tunes :D

User avatar
warpedcore
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3254
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:37 pm
Location: brighton

Re: is it me..

Post by warpedcore » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Traffic Cone wrote:
pete.devnull wrote:yeah I remember seeing that and just not wanting to place an order around then... kicking myself now :(
i got mine for £3 when i was first getting into old breakbeat stuff...sold it to pay bills, def the tune i miss after selling the most. i have the repress but the "lost our religion" tune is my favourite and it's not on it :cry:

oh well.

anyway i hope this darkside popularity is shortlived cos i still want most of those tunes :D
i think its all about playing the waiting game on the big money tunes unless you want it that bad

and selling tunes to pay bills always hurts done that more than a few times and regretted it especially if you did not pay loads for it in the first place...after the last time i done it which was not that long ago i swore to myself never again

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3037
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:38 pm
Contact:

Re: is it me..

Post by rage » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:51 pm

This is all I was trying to say on your other thread before someone got their knickers in a twist!

I blame YouTube, and the fact the tunes are great and still stand up well and would rock a crowd today.

User avatar
Traffic Cone
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century
Posts: 8538
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: London

Re: is it me..

Post by Traffic Cone » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:44 pm

warpedcore wrote: i think its all about playing the waiting game on the big money tunes unless you want it that bad
true. i got a copy of DJ Terroreyes - the Future for £3 on ebay the other week, sales history on discogs puts it as a £20-30 tune...but it's always a disappointment getting an ID or hearing a great tune in a mix and finding out it's a pricey one :D

Locked