DJ SY

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
aize
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Re: DJ SY

Post by aize » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:36 pm

On the subject of records though, you gotta laugh at the unfortunate title of his latest one... Sy* & Al Storm Featuring Meri Everitt ‎– Lonely (Abused Mix) lol

tha liquid
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by tha liquid » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:18 pm

ian saunders wrote:The most worrying thing about this, having looked on Facebook, is that so many people can't spell to save their lives.

As Sy has been cautioned i would suggest that the police went and had a look through his computer, they wouldn't just caution someone for this offence and not thoroughly check (at least i hope not). As he wasn't given any jail time, i would suggest that they only found enough to caution him as he's stated.

I'm not sure what the definition of "non-nude modelling" is, but i suggest that it was these girls exposing themselves whilst still being dressed. With the legal age of consent being 16, some people might expect the law to be the same for viewing pictures or videos, which it isn't since it was changed in 2003. Same goes for the video. Ignorance of the law is not a defence, but i would suggest that it is understandable in this case. He did the crime and was punished as seen fit by the authorities.

If Storm had further proof that Sy was doing anything more (or has been since this offence) he should have taken it to the police. If so Sy would be in custody, which he isn't so i would speculate that Storm doesn't know anything more than the details of this 5 year old offence.

Sy has done something illegal, been cautioned, had his career and reputation ruined. Time to leave it be i think. If you have any evidence that suggests he shouldn't be let be, take it to the police and let them deal with it.
These are the most sensible and well adjusted comments I have read anywhere online regarding this subject. It worries me that most of these witch hunters are allowed to sit on a jury. Lets get some facts established before lynching someone, heresay means shit!

Peace...

nebkins
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by nebkins » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Couldnt even bear to read through a 10th of that. I can see a serious libel case in the offing.

livvy
He never locked his car door

Post by livvy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:37 pm

warpedcore
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by warpedcore » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:44 am

well there you go! i think sy is telling porky's he's had every chance to clear his name by the looks of it if he wasn't hiding something surely he would have jumped at the chance to do so

The_Ruffneck
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by The_Ruffneck » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:16 am

There isn't really any new information in there.Just blah blah blah.

livvy

Post by livvy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:32 am

The_Ruffneck wrote:
There isn't really any new information in there.Just blah blah blah.
There is a load more information in that statement than in Dj Sy one

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:49 am

Please explain how that post by Storm is CONCRETE proof that he is a paedophile. It at best suggests that he may have liked looking at 16 year old girls. It DOES NOT prove he is a registered sex offender, or that he is a paedophile (which in my eyes is somebody that is attracted to YOUNG CHILDREN that are not of sexually active age - not 16 year olds.)

I stick by what I said earlier, unless you or anybody else here knows the facts, keep your mouth shut. Nobody is going to try and defend a convicted paedophile - but those with sense are holding off taking judgement, and in my case giving a guy I've known personally as one of the nicest guys in a shitty, back-stabbing scene the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

livvy

Post by livvy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:58 am

dj jedi wrote:Please explain how that post by Storm is CONCRETE proof that he is a paedophile. It at best suggests that he may have liked looking at 16 year old girls. It DOES NOT prove he is a registered sex offender, or that he is a paedophile (which in my eyes is somebody that is attracted to YOUNG CHILDREN that are not of sexually active age - not 16 year olds.)

I stick by what I said earlier, unless you or anybody else here knows the facts, keep your mouth shut. Nobody is going to try and defend a convicted paedophile - but those with sense are holding off taking judgement, and in my case giving a guy I've known personally as one of the nicest guys in a shitty, back-stabbing scene the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
we all have our own opinion and I will express it just like you have done sunshine :)
I didnt say anything in that link just posted it up didn't I

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:07 am

The difference is that your opinion could potentially ruin his life/career, even if eventually completely cleared of these allegations. If you're comfortable with that, good luck to you.

livvy

Post by livvy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:21 am

dj jedi wrote:The difference is that your opinion could potentially ruin his life/career, even if eventually completely cleared of these allegations. If you're comfortable with that, good luck to you.

Get a grip ffs have I once said on that link anything to say that dj SY is a nonce NO I didn't I posted up a link to storms story so that you see both side of it and I will make my own mind up without you telling people to shut their mouths, move on move on

oldskoolforever

Post by oldskoolforever » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:45 pm

dj jedi wrote:unless you or anybody else here knows the facts, keep your mouth shut. Nobody is going to try and defend a convicted paedophile - but those with sense are holding off taking judgement, and in my case giving a guy I've known personally as one of the nicest guys in a shitty, back-stabbing scene the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
This 100%. I'll reserve judgment until things are more conclusive. Oh and i'm not selling my DJ Sy records either, they didn't become bad tunes as a result of this news.

garrybynon
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by garrybynon » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:52 pm

oldskoolforever wrote:
dj jedi wrote: Oh and i'm not selling my DJ Sy records either, they didn't become bad tunes as a result of this news.
dont think anyone will buy them after this

we aint destroying any fucking careers, the hardcore mob are truly taking care of that
i would love nothing more than for sy to prove us all wrong and say 'i told you so', but i cant see that happening

ian saunders
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by ian saunders » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:57 pm

I really didn't see any point in Storm releasing that statement, as Sy had admitted 10 hours prior to it's release what happened and what he was cautioned for. People saying that he'll "clear his name" are missing the point that's he's already admitted to breaking the law and recieving a caution.

Sy did something illegal, got caught, got given what the authorities thought was the appropriate punishment. His computers were seized and checked, and were found to have nothing more serious on them. He has probably came under scrutiny from the authorities in the past 5 years, and nothing further has came to light, which leads me to think that Sy probably made a very grave error of judgement that he hasn't repeated since.

The facts now of "he said this" "she said" that is all pointless.

I have seen people on Facebook asking to see his caution statement to "prove" that that he hadn't been doing something more serious. I'd have thought that that was self-evident, as if he had been up to anything more serious he would have been charged and sent to prison.

That's the end of it i think, anything else is just futile conjecture.

LOON-E
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by LOON-E » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Not passing any judgement on this 1 :)...i do know its gonna destroy the blokes life..whether he,s guilty of anything serious or not....havent got any Sy tunes to keep/throw away...not that i think he,s a peado..just his musics shit :)quality words Ian i couldnt have put it better :)

LOON-E