How many of you still go out? And what...

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Adam Timeless
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Re: How many of you still go out? And what...

Post by Adam Timeless » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:11 am

si 2 bad wrote:Had the same conversation with blame and nookie last night at a little bash in herts!!! I am 41 now, go out rarely but drank like a 19 year old last night.....have a middle aged hangover today though!
I was at that night. I just popped in for one pint though and then went off to another night I was playing just round the corner. Both good.

I don't really go to much if I am not playing, I am usually out a few times a month, but will probably be winding it down over the next few months. Again time is scarce now what with working a couple of weekends a month, am married and got family/friends who mostly aren't into the scene. Main thing is the travelling is the killer - especially with a hangover! Saying that I don't go too far afield now and I will still continue to dj out, just not as much. I think I probably only go to things I don't play at maybe once or twice a year. Most gigs I'll stay and make a night of it - unless its absolutely shite! ;)

But back on topic I don't think people should stop going out just because they hit a certain age - its just a number. I think you should stop going out because you don't enjoy it regardless of age! Plus not everyone goes out has to get off their tits to have a good time. I always went out for the music and atmosphere.

lentrix
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by lentrix » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:05 pm

Your never too old to rave!!

37 now - still go to a few events - was last at the raindance/moondance event(Sept?) - it wasn't very good tbh.

A few of my old raving cru still go out as well. The others still want to but can't bring themselves to go ....lazy bas*ards

ske
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by ske » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:08 am

The occasional promised land, going pirate club in dec, and the next I love acid!
Your as old as you feel, most people who are at these do's are of the same age, don't feel out my zone
And would giving a fuck if someone thought I was! If I still got the passion and legs to last then I'm there!
But it does feel this is the last phase, as they are very few and far between and not serious rave nights as old
Just a bit of fun with some classic tracks :)

Thrash
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Thrash » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:33 am

ske wrote:and the next I love acid!
Always a top night out.... :D

alphawave ep
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by alphawave ep » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:49 am

I still nip out here and there but don't do the travelling hours for a rave...