How many of you still go out? And what...

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

How many of you still go out? And what...

Post by Restless » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Do you think is the age to jack all that malarkey in?

I think anything over 35-38 is stretching it (each to their own, don't shoot me). I see some people out who are gurning their face off, can't let the old days go, bordering on 50 and it looks embarrassing.

If you don't go out, when did you jack it all in? What age/year was it?

AtomSmasher
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Re: How many of you still go out? And what...

Post by AtomSmasher » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 pm

I always thought late 30's / early 40's was too old - i remember occasionally seeing middle-aged dudes stumbling around Club UK chewing their faces off and thinking how sad it was.....
Now that i AM in my late 30s i've pretty much knocked it all on the head. Mainly due to having a few more responsibilities that out-weigh the desire to get off my tits every weekend.
Last pill i did was in May 2009, 3 months before my son was born.
If i DIDN'T have the responsibilities?
Yeah. I'd probably still be out and about!!!! :lol:

Traffic Cone
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by Traffic Cone » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:55 am

I still do! But i am 28, i think that's allowed :D

I think it also depends how long you've been doing it. I can think of one person at least i knew through raving who started when he was older than most. That i think is fair enough. But really, i think raving should be quite egalitarian, i like the idea of it being a place away from the usual prejudices, ageism included!

That said I do wonder about people who have been doing it solid for 15+ years or whatever, especially if they still get battered. I mean, i can understand your taste in music staying, but surely you must get fed up of raving at some point?

thumbzo
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by thumbzo » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:11 am

I still make it out now and again at 37, it really is only 4 or 5 times a year and to smaller nights where folk bother to dig, the only time I feel I'm too old is when I'm hanging the next day!

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:12 am

I'm only 30 so still go out reasonably often, but very rarely to old skool events unless I'm playing. I really don't like the style of music and DJs that play at most of the events, I want to hear varied authentic old skool sets, circa Raindance/Resonance 10 years ago with DJs like Flashback and Glenn Aston. Every event now just has the same 5 DJs playing at it because they book each other, it's pathetic. Literally the ONLY event I know I'll enjoy each year is Riverdance.

Thrash
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Thrash » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:48 am

I still go out to I Love Acid in London every few months, that's the only oldskool night I attend but normally stick to the beers.... ;)

As for checking out new stuff, I go to Solid Steel events when they are on in London & always keep an eye out for when The Freestylers are playing. :D

There's talk of going to Ibiza for one last blow out for everyone's 40th's in a couple of years time but sounds a bit gay to me. That's definitely for the kids these days & the music is crap!

electric tribe
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by electric tribe » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:36 pm

stopped going out to parties long time ago. Number of reasons, more responsiblities, not the type of music i like being played and the attitude of people that are at parties these days have changed.

This isn't limited to oldskool but most of the music i like.

deebom
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by deebom » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Thrash wrote: I go to Solid Steel events when they are on in London.
A fellow Coldcut fan. We may passed each other. I'm 37, I go to Fabric occasionaly when Bukems playing. A mate mentioned a back to 88 night recently which sounded interesting.

Thrash
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Thrash » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm

deebom wrote:
Thrash wrote: I go to Solid Steel events when they are on in London.
A fellow Coldcut fan. We may passed each other. I'm 37, I go to Fabric occasionaly when Bukems playing. A mate mentioned a back to 88 night recently which sounded interesting.
Indeed... for those in the know. ;)

Not been to Fabric for about 3 years now, used to go all the time. :D

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Yeah I do, all the time! To Drum & Bass nights mostly. On my way out now : D

Don't take drugs though, just go to enjoy the music and brockout, I'm 35 but still got the moves so what's the problem? If it wasnt for my generation the kids wouldn't have this amazing music to dance to (that's what I keep telling myself anyway!) Age ain't nuttin but a number and I'm not ready for my pipe and slippers yet.

si 2 bad
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by si 2 bad » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:19 pm

Had the same conversation with blame and nookie last night at a little bash in herts!!! I am 41 now, go out rarely but drank like a 19 year old last night.....have a middle aged hangover today though!

The_Ruffneck
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by The_Ruffneck » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:14 am

Well i am close to 30 and i haven't been out for 2-3 years clubbing/rave etc.The music that gets played now just doesn't do it for me it's very stale.I imagine it would be different in London with a bigger population and more styles.

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:24 pm

I prefer staying in on the weekend watching the Boxing with a Pizza or Chilling at a mates house. Bliss!

I wake up fresh, I save a ton of money, I feel great going into the week and I don't have to drink dishwater-esque lager at £3.50 a throw. Happy days!

Matt Clarke
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Matt Clarke » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:04 pm

I think I stopped about 34. I've been to one Riverdance since and to be honest got a bit annoyed at the drunk people knocking beer off the tables so didn't go to this years one.

Bah Humbug *grumpy old man*

LOON-E
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by LOON-E » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:42 pm

Ahem..i,ll be 42...probably play out 5 or 6 times a yr and go out maybe 8..still enjoy getting together with mates..n we,ll all induldge...along with movie/poker game etc....way too old to even think about dancing for 8hrs + :)

LOON-E