The worst hardcore tune?

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
eazyflow
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Re: The worst hardcore tune?

Post by eazyflow » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:34 pm

Traffic Cone delivering the goods in this thread!

That Out Of Orda tune is a complete mess :D

AtomSmasher
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by AtomSmasher » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Agree with Elusive - Gabba sucks. I remember going to an illegal do near Colcheste back in the day (in Alresford i think). DJ was playing decent stuff so I dropped a pill, and settled in just as the DJ was finishing.....and spent the next 90 minutes (or it felt that long anyway) being tortured by the next DJ who was playing Gabba. Not nice. Then the river flooded the car park, the old bill turned up and we all had to leave!!!!!

deebom
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by deebom » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:43 pm

The Eastenders tunes was a Labello Blanco track, cant remember offhand who made it. the other side sampled a long R&B verse and was just as duff. That Simpsons tune is lame, I have it somewhere, it's on clear vinyl with black swirls in it and a purple label.
The ragga twins made some pretty shit tunes, as did E label. Biology churned out some crap too. I have a tune on Rising High called Return to toytown EP, thats pretty bad.

AtomSmasher
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by AtomSmasher » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:48 pm

deebom wrote:The ragga twins made some pretty shit tunes, as did E label. Biology churned out some crap too. I have a tune on Rising High called Return to toytown EP, thats pretty bad.
Woah there! Which Ragga Twins tunes? And 'Return To Toytown' (whilst not being a fondly remembered classic admittedly) is not a bad EP at all.

deebom
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by deebom » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:08 pm

Spliffhead, wipe the needle and Hooligan 69 were orsum. Nothing else they made came close. They liked the sound of their own voices too much. Toytown not bad? I'll dig it out and have another listen. I remember it being goppingly shite.

Traffic Cone
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by Traffic Cone » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:33 pm

Beagle wrote:that's the point I'm trying to make: there's nothing inherently 'bad' about that tune; it's just not to everyone's taste.
Whereas if a tune is badly produced, with out of time samples and out of tune melodies or singing, then I think you can make a good argument for it being 'bad'.
but you could still like those badly made tunes, so the same still applies. that Mystery Tour tune earlier is pretty wonky for instance but i love it :D so Elusive is as valid saying it about gabba. (although obviously his taste is still wrong cos gabba is fantastic so nearly there ;)

some things are just more polarising than others i think!

Traffic Cone

Post by Traffic Cone » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:33 pm

Traffic Cone wrote:
Beagle wrote:that's the point I'm trying to make: there's nothing inherently 'bad' about that tune; it's just not to everyone's taste.
Whereas if a tune is badly produced, with out of time samples and out of tune melodies or singing, then I think you can make a good argument for it being 'bad'.
but you could still like those badly made tunes, so the same still applies. that Mystery Tour tune earlier is pretty wonky for instance but i love it :D so Elusive is as valid saying it about gabba. (although obviously his taste is still wrong cos gabba is fantastic so nearly there) ;)

some things are just more polarising than others i think!

AtomSmasher
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by AtomSmasher » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:39 pm

deebom wrote:Spliffhead, wipe the needle and Hooligan 69 were orsum. Nothing else they made came close. They liked the sound of their own voices too much. Toytown not bad? I'll dig it out and have another listen. I remember it being goppingly shite.

'Mixed Truth'

'Juggling' - not hardcore admittedly

deebom
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by deebom » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Another record springs to mind. I think it's called 'Energiser' It had a blue label. A load of loops stolen from other tunes and flung together.

AtomSmasher
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by AtomSmasher » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:16 pm

deebom wrote:Another record springs to mind. I think it's called 'Energiser' It had a blue label. A load of loops stolen from other tunes and flung together.
Uh oh - Dave Charlesworth (and his body of work) are fairly well respected around these here parts!!!!!

MikeW
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by MikeW » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:26 pm

deebom wrote: A load of loops stolen from other tunes and flung together.
I think that sentence sums up a vast proportion of the old skool hardcore genre!!

nebkins
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by nebkins » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:10 pm

Troll alert lol

nebkins
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by nebkins » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:19 pm

deebom wrote:The Eastenders tunes was a Labello Blanco track, cant remember offhand who made it. the other side sampled a long R&B verse and was just as duff. That Simpsons tune is lame, I have it somewhere, it's on clear vinyl with black swirls in it and a purple label.
The ragga twins made some pretty shit tunes, as did E label. Biology churned out some crap too. I have a tune on Rising High called Return to toytown EP, thats pretty bad.
The "Eastenders" Labello Blanco (http://www.discogs.com/Payback-The-Sequel/master/3257) admittingly is a bit gay but the other side is super good. One of my all time pirate radio tunes as thats where ive mainly heard it on. Simpsons is ok (i like it cos ive got it on an old LTJ Bukem tape). Ragga Twins were wicked. Limited E put out some absolute bangers and along with Ibiza i really rate them after not being too fussed when i started collection. Biology also put some great tracks out. Return To Toytown is ace and the Energizer series is absolutely essential.

If you want a shoddy megamix style tune then this is culprit

http://www.discogs.com/Tripper-Trippers ... ter/457394

spackhandychoptubes
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by spackhandychoptubes » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:15 am

my ears have just been raped by that horsepower tune. thanks for that.

The_Ruffneck
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by The_Ruffneck » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:08 am

AtomSmasher wrote:
No way. There's a LOT worse tunes than that. What's wrong with a cheeky Beatles sample anyway? Acen got away with it! And the rest of the tune certainly isn't bad......
each to his own i think it's pure cack