Re: Caining it back in the day and the effects now...

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
aike
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by aike » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:34 pm

A mate of mine went to Amsterdam and the friends he was with thought it would be funny to spike him with a load of microdots then abandoned him on a train station. After that he developed schizophrenia, thought the police were tracking him through his car stereo.

I did feel my heart go mad once and thought this is it my time's up, probably due to the bag of speed i had that night. when i say bag I think there was an ounce in it. I just kept sniffing it all night plus the usual cocktail of unidentified pills & powders.

What a fucking great time it was :)

Backchat
Regular
Regular

Post by Backchat » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:26 am

i haven't got much to add to this really, have seen to many friends and aquantances o.d or lose their brain over the years which is not how it is supposed to be but there isnt one of them that 1)didn't know the risks or 2) knew deep down they were pushing it and crossing the line...half of being clued up is knowing when to stop .... harder to do in practice (fuk i know) but is a great guide line.....I loved\love drugs.... I'm a raver and always will be and still like to have a blow out occasionally rather than a six day a week piss head!!

Loved Jonny's story, I have many a like, most silly was coming home from a weekender and seeing the Sun and Mirror on the dining table head lining ecstasy kids at Buntins 3 day rave next to s full English beef roast and my mum and dad sat on the sofa with the local priest they had brought in.... I couldn't take it and left half way thru his sermon (leaving the food- taking the newspapers)and to this day I'm sure my mum was being a bitch and new what roast beef does to ya mouth after a weekend stompimg :badgrin: :-D

Traffic Cone
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by Traffic Cone » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:54 am

aike wrote:A mate of mine went to Amsterdam and the friends he was with thought it would be funny to spike him with a load of microdots then abandoned him on a train station. After that he developed schizophrenia, thought the police were tracking him through his car stereo.
christ. interesting use of the term "friends"!

Paul Zykotik
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Re: Re: Caining it back in the day and the effects now...

Post by Paul Zykotik » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Innit. That's dark as fuck.

I'm sure I've done myself some damage. I didn't indulge often but when I did I'd keep on going till everything was gone. Only ever took pills though, never anything else. Not that that makes it any better really!

aike
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by aike » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:50 pm

Traffic Cone wrote:christ. interesting use of the term "friends"!
yep exactly, tripping can be scary even when your're somewhere safe sometimes, let alone a different country.

He's doing OK now though, managing it :)

Traffic Cone

Post by Traffic Cone » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:18 pm

i have once been on my own on a packed tube train on following 5 drops...genuinely awful. i can look back now and laugh and it wasn't for too long but i can certainly empathise, i felt like i was going mad.

Katic-
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Katic- » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:17 pm

I'm not aware of any effects of taking the amount of drugs that I took back in the day. The one thing I know for sure is that taking ecstasy made me open up, it brought me out of my shell. I honestly think that without it I wouldn't have the confidence and social skills that I have today.

The one thing that i've never understood is the whole thing about 'Flashbacks'. What is it that actually happens when you experience one? I always thought it was a bullshit saying that attention seekers used to say?

Matt Clarke
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Matt Clarke » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:00 pm

I've wondered about flashbacks too. Never experienced one. Is it a LSD thing as I only ever did speed and pills back in the day (tm).

ske
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by ske » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm

I like to think I have been sensible over the years taking drugs, only once I had a para trip which I held it together but was close to wanting to leave the do I was in at the time, e's ESP early days where never a prob, as time went on the formula changed got more scaggy/ heavy I'e disco biscuits snowballs etc,
I remember a birthday where I had a bottle of champers before I went out and later double dropped snowballs, it was at lazerdrome I remember having to come out the hardcore room into the house room for a bit of come down, they were playing Todd terry - hear the music and it done me, I have never experienced tunnel vision until that point and I'd used to do 2 or 3 cali's doves & new Yorkers but this was something different,
I felt the urge for fresh air and to sit down, what made it worse I was with my bird at the time and was trying to look cool that made it worse, she wanted to go to the toilet so followed her out and remember waiting outside the toilet for her and looking round all the cabbages monging out in that area, I found a space against the wall and slid down it and when I got to the floor my vision went totally blacked out! I could still here that tune that sent me off and thought to my self keep calm all will be good in a bit, I just sat there nodding my head which seemed like hours and eventually my sight returned and soon after my bird from the toilet. That was my closest to freaking out!
After that I hardly touched e's as they were long gone from what I was used to, done the yayo after that,

Must say had some blinding Mandy a few months back, but realise I have run my course and really not bothered by drugs anymore.

I like to think I got lucky :)

Backchat
Regular
Regular

Post by Backchat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Matt Clarke wrote:I've wondered about flashbacks too. Never experienced one. Is it a LSD thing as I only ever did speed and pills back in the day (tm).
Dunno Matt, apart from the odd cold rush when listening to an old tune I mostly think 'flashbacks' are a load of hype but that's only my opinion lol

aike
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by aike » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:11 pm

Backchat wrote:Dunno Matt, apart from the odd cold rush when listening to an old tune I mostly think 'flashbacks' are a load of hype but that's only my opinion lol
Think flashbacks are when you are straight and you have like a mini trip again.

I've had a few weird moments where I think I see something but on closer inspection it's something completely different, esp when driving. Must be all the times driving back from a night out when really I shouldn't have.

Even now if I look at some curtains they seem to be moving but there are completely still, just smile to myself.

Rapid
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Rapid » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:32 pm

Some good stories...A couple of the people I sued to go out ravin with had some problems, one is no an alchaholic (sp?) and the other went a bit weird. He ended up in hospital one night having split his lip after a night out. When I went to teh hospital to collect him in the morning, he was sitting in his own piss-telling me to escape as they'd caught him but I could go free....that's just remineded me..same bloke- We went out one night a big tune dropped- and he went upto people saying that his Grandad had that tune!

I've had a few up's & down's over the years and used to get panic attcks-these mainly kicked in when I was giving up regular caining.

When I used to get battered and trip out on pills, Iused to keep thinking I was at work- and once tapped a bloke on the shoulder and when he turned around, I asked him for a price check...

I remember doing an acid one morning and having to go to work at Safeway's in the evening. I turned up late and they made me clean the tills...Everytime I filled up a bucket of water, I had to ask someone whether it was hot or cold as I couldn't tell when I put my hand in.

dan
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by dan » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:53 am

im not sure flashbacks exist but there is a condition called HPPD that relates to to taking musherooms and acid. I read a lot about it because in about 97 i woke up after taking mushies and the 'messy vision' just didnt go away lol. it sort of fizzled over a period of about 6 months and came back a bit if i was really hung over or tired. A lot of my mates have had the same thing! Visual snow, lingering trails, patterns etc.

Ive read about people who are seriously messed up though!

Dan

Ric
He never locked his car door

Post by Ric » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:39 am

Rapid wrote: When I used to get battered and trip out on pills, Iused to keep thinking I was at work- and once tapped a bloke on the shoulder and when he turned around, I asked him for a price check...
That reminded me of the time I was shagging my girlfriend after a night out when suddenly I started trying to sell her some records.
It was pointless sex, I really had no idea where I was.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk 2

Ric

Post by Ric » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:40 am

Rapid wrote: When I used to get battered and trip out on pills, Iused to keep thinking I was at work- and once tapped a bloke on the shoulder and when he turned around, I asked him for a price check...
That reminded me of the time I was shagging my girlfriend after a night out when suddenly I started trying to sell her some records.
It was pointless sex, I really had no idea where I was.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk 2