Most Popular Tunes Ever

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Backchat
Regular
Regular

Re: Most Popular Tunes Ever

Post by Backchat » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:00 am

jonny wrote:
Paul Zykotik wrote:
harrrrrrry wrote:Faithless Insomnia has absolutely nothing to do with our scene and I hate it too!

I genuinely can't believe you think it does????

Are you sure you didn't mean to post this on http://www.backtotheoldtrance.co.uk !!!??
I took his post to mean dance music in general, rather than hardcore, given that Jonny is also well into his clubbing music.

Insomnia is alright. I can see why it became so popular - that drop is always going to get a crowd going. I don't like anything else I've heard from Faithless and agree with the earlier comment that the majority of people I know who do like them, aren't ravers.

I think Reverence is a great album and Salvea Mea is another top tune.

All this brings me back to something ive mentioned several times over the years on these forums,im not bigging myself up but there doesn't appear to be too many like me who appreciate the majority of (old skool) dance music in general across the genres, most on here are into Rave/Hardcore and im no different but i equally love other genres but i would say im primarily into House and that would be my number 1 but i love most other styles

(cough) (cough) ah hmmmmmm :-X :-X

:-D :-D :-D

Nits
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Nits » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:35 am

I would have to say this

or this

dj_gyr8
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by dj_gyr8 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi,

Perhaps rename this thread, "tracks Joe public think are well known examples of music from our scene..."

Surely what is more important, is what ppl like us, who have been totally involved in the scene, believe are the most popular tunes...

Surely thinks like Insomnia and Born Slippy are simply 'pop' anthems for lager louts and chavs?

I for one would never book a DJ ever again if they played tracks like this at a proper event - sacrilidge!

This reminds me of BITD when ppl thought our music was On A Ragga Tip, and Searchin' For My Rizzla...

No wonder all the indie kids thought our scene was shit! lol

The_Ruffneck
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by The_Ruffneck » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:13 am

Nits wrote:
Can't stand this tune
I do enjoy Wood Allen - Airport 89 by the same people though

Anyhow judging by youtube view the prodigy wins this by a country mile.

Backchat
Regular
Regular

Post by Backchat » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:23 pm

dj_gyr8 wrote:Hi,

Perhaps rename this thread, "tracks Joe public think are well known examples of music from our scene..."

Surely what is more important, is what ppl like us, who have been totally involved in the scene, believe are the most popular tunes...

Surely thinks like Insomnia and Born Slippy are simply 'pop' anthems for lager louts and chavs?

I for one would never book a DJ ever again if they played tracks like this at a proper event - sacrilidge!

This reminds me of BITD when ppl thought our music was On A Ragga Tip, and Searchin' For My Rizzla...

No wonder all the indie kids thought our scene was shit! lol

Good post mate =D> =D>

ske
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by ske » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:21 pm

THis is based on non oldskool ex ravers ever being there but still being played by disco dave in pubs and cheesey clubs

AtomSmasher
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by AtomSmasher » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:39 pm

Elusive9T2 wrote:I'm with you there Jonny, house & garage will always be special to me
I love my house just as much as hardcore, I will buying house first, before hardcore came along
House & Garage was there for me when the scene split, jungle/drum & bass & happy hardcore wasn't for me
I've always bought a bit of both over the years, I couldn't choose between the two though, as they both amazing in my eyes
Agreed - i was mainly into House and Techno from 1995 onwards, although i still dipped into DnB........In fact over the last 6 months i've been listening to more 'old skool' House mixes than Hardcore. It doesn't feel like i've rinsed the whole thing out as much as Hardcore to be honest. And Cafe Del Mar's 'Energy 52' is a quality track. Not so sure about Insomnia though......