ebay - thieving b4st4rds

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
pineappletribe
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

ebay - thieving b4st4rds

Post by pineappletribe » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:55 am

i have just been hit with 10% of sale fee by ebay...

... which is a lot of bloody money imo. they must be raking it in big time :(

not to mention the insertion fee too.

i'm sure this will have been covered on b2vos but i have only just found out (to my detriment).

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Ric
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Re: ebay - thieving b4st4rds

Post by Ric » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Not sold anything on eBay in a while. They take 10%?? That's terrible.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Complete bastards. With the listing fee, final value fee and paypal fee, it adds up to about 25%. Ridiculous.

pineappletribe
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by pineappletribe » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:08 pm

I flogged a sofa this weekend for £110... and got £10.99 charge for it (plus the other fees mentioned!)... i suppose i should regard the 1p deduction an act of generosity?!

annoyingly have a novation supernova that ends tonight - expecting atleast a £25 bill for selling it. shameful. how much are they making by the second???!

pineappletribe
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by pineappletribe » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:12 pm

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/fees.html

10% of the final selling price (up to a maximum of £40)

I'm not selling another thing via ebay... awful! :(

E.S.P
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by E.S.P » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:59 pm

They also taking liberties on the postage too.
We had a clear out of some toys that the kids dont play with so bunged em up on ebay.
One board game i sold went for 99p, and Ebay would only allow me to charge £3.25 for postage, yet when i post it it cost me £4.90, so im out of pocket.

Theiving gits making millions every day.

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:35 pm

E.S.P wrote:and Ebay would only allow me to charge £3.25 for postage, yet when i post it it cost me £4.90, so im out of pocket.
Yep, takes the piss. Tip - list postage as 'courier - see item description' and then you can set any amount you like. I can think of lots of things where their limits don't cover the cost, bulk lots of vinyl is another. Ridiculous!

dubplate records
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by dubplate records » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:11 pm

E.S.P wrote:They also taking liberties on the postage too.
We had a clear out of some toys that the kids dont play with so bunged em up on ebay.
One board game i sold went for 99p, and Ebay would only allow me to charge £3.25 for postage, yet when i post it it cost me £4.90, so im out of pocket.

Theiving gits making millions every day.
word! :(
thieving scum
only good for buying on ebay
I tried that trick Jedi only to get negative feedback from the dick who bought it because I hadnt sent it courier!grr

lukee
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by lukee » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:00 pm

the reason why the postage is set to certain amount is because sellers used to sell stuff for £1 and charge £19 for postage to avoid fees.

samson
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by samson » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:59 am

To sell anything thats second hand on EBAY is a joke these days, the way they treat sellers now i acually think they are trying to discourage "small time sellers" from selling on there anymore like there more trouble than there worth, even though this is what ebay was built on :roll:

I think ebay now just want big time sellers selling lots of brand new items that bring them in easy money with very little hassel.

And as for a few of the other subjects bought up, ebay only introduced the maximum postage thing cause there greedy f**kers and couldnt find a legitimate way of getting a cut of the postage charged, as i buyer as long as you know what the total cost including the postage cost is going to be and your happy to pay it thats fine but ebay will have you beleave that they did all this for the buyers benefit :evil:

Also they used to charge 9% final valuation fee which was bad enough but there reason for putting it up to 10% beleave it or not was so it was easier for customers to work out there ebay invoices!!
Oh cheers thanks a lot for that!!

I sold a bulk of records on about a year and a half back which went for £1800, cant remember exactly what i got charged now but it was in the region of £150 :shock: :shock: at least i did it cash on collection which avoided paypal fees i guess

E.S.P
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by E.S.P » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:42 pm

anyone used this one before? looks a bit fairer regarding listing and final fee prices.

http://uk.ebid.net/

The_Ruffneck
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by The_Ruffneck » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:47 am

ebay is a joke , might as well go back to flogging it at second hand sales

taffster
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by taffster » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Paypal take the p1ss now too, if you refund someone in full they still keep the 20p transaction fee regardless if it's actioned by you or requested from the other party. Dont remember getting any notification of this either :(

melakaraya
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by melakaraya » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:23 pm

samson wrote:To sell anything thats second hand on EBAY is a joke these days, the way they treat sellers now i acually think they are trying to discourage "small time sellers" from selling on there anymore like there more trouble than there worth, even though this is what ebay was built on :roll:

I think ebay now just want big time sellers selling lots of brand new items that bring them in easy money with very little hassel.
You've hit the nail on the head, all ebay are interested in is big time sellers selling big name brands. It's all but dead for private sellers.

dj_gyr8
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by dj_gyr8 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi,

I don't understand. I thought eBay was taking a 10% final value cut for the last few years.

I did note it says, "upto a maximum of £40", but I am sure I've sold thing in the past for over £400 and the final value fee has NOT max'd out at £40...