What's the moodiest rave/club you've been too?

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Gorp
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Re: What's the moodiest rave/club you've been too?

Post by Gorp » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Match Made At Wembley which had a One Nation and Fusion areas.
It was my first rave and twas a bit of an experience walking into the crack smoke of the One Nation arena. There was loads of rumours about muggings and even a rape floating around that night, it was without doubt the most moodiest rave I've been to.

On another note when I went to Ayia Nappa back in 2000 when UK garage was in it's prime,most the clubs overthere playing garage were like walking into a war-zone!! Just plain moody rude bwoys all over the manor!

Adam Timeless
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by Adam Timeless » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:46 pm

Have heard that Wembley rave was moody, well the One Nation bit was from what I have read/ heard. Was talking to DJ Abo about it on a way to a rave a few years back - he went to it for the One Nation room and got mugged in there.
Was the Fusion happy hardcore and House rooms alright or did they get hijacked? It did look wicked and wanted to go, but couldn't afford to go, but glad I didn't!

champion puffa

Post by champion puffa » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:01 pm

Adam Timeless wrote:Have heard that Wembley rave was moody, well the One Nation bit was from what I have read/ heard. Was talking to DJ Abo about it on a way to a rave a few years back - he went to it for the One Nation room and got mugged in there.
Was the Fusion happy hardcore and House rooms alright or did they get hijacked? It did look wicked and wanted to go, but couldn't afford to go, but glad I didn't!
they were THE moodiest events ever!!

My mate was fillin his water botle up in the bogs one NYE when 5 black geezers followed a white guy in and kicked the crap out of him, then stole his wallette etc, my mate quickly walked out just to be followed around the arena for 20 mins by them.

Though even the Millenium dome was wank....i was in the old skool arena in 2001...lil chav cunts grabbin hold of birds, fights on the floor...propa wank!!

Traffic Cone

Post by Traffic Cone » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:33 pm

aize1 wrote:Been to a few london squat parties that were supposed to be propper moody. Thing is i didn't notice at all. Went to one and spent the whole time wonderin round, completely off me face, just havin a good time. Remember gettin called 80s man a lot, cos I was wearin me smiley T-shirt, but that was it. Found out later, loads of people were apparently gettin mugged in the corners and locked in cupboards and stuff. Didn't see any of it though. :lol:
hah, yeah that's usually my experience too...i tend to be quite oblivious to stuff like that. plus at least in that situation there's usually more fucked people who are more likely targets...

i do remember one Manik party, in an abandoned job centre in Shoreditch...turning the corner upstairs and seeing one bloke on the ground getting a really savage kicking from a few others...went back downstairs pretty quickly i have to say :lol:

i have heard some really grim stories about parties like that but never really experienced anything of the sort myself.

faceme
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by faceme » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:37 pm

Anyone go to the Voodoo Magic raves at Equinox? They were pretty moody. full of moody yardies.

otbiz
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by otbiz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:47 pm

tricky wrote:telepathy at the sobel centre 91? rude boys mugging people in the queue, then people getting held up with knifes inside for there drugs and money, me dancing on a good e not noticing any of it for about a hour or so then noticing some of my mates sitting against the wall with a bunch of 'new friends' with there hands in there pockets and a knife in the side, came down very quickly!
yep I was thinking of that one too. it goes down in history for being moody especially for fairly early on in the scene. I remember queuing for two hours around the building, everyone getting very pissed off which lead to a crush to get in, then various shady characters mugging people, and to finish it off seeing a couple of stab victims on the way out. fuck that! never went to another telepathy.

dan
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by dan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:25 am

Mine would be all the helter skelters that followed energy 97 till the end of the year (energy was ok).

I stopped going to them after the new years one. We used to get on a coach in preston and it would pick up on the way down in Liverpool.....no disrespect to any scousers but some right cranks got on there. Had to listen to 95 gabba tapes all the way there and back. The events seemed v rough too. got threatened loads of times. If they bombed the sanctuary on NYE 97/98 during the vibes set you would have halved britains crime ha (im only kiddin but you get the idea)

(was 17 in 97 so missed all the good stuff. Hope it wasnt as rough as skelter back in the day)

I always thought those vibealite flyers looked rough ha. that bloody flower with the sunglasses wasnt fooling me!!! ;-)

Gorp
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Gorp » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 am

Adam Timeless wrote:Have heard that Wembley rave was moody, well the One Nation bit was from what I have read/ heard. Was talking to DJ Abo about
it on a way to a rave a few years back - he went to it for the One Nation room and got mugged in there.
The HH arena was fine, no issues there mate, to get to the house room you had to go through the d&b room which made that room quiet in all fairness.
We made sure that if we went in the d&b then there was a group of us togther but it was still not nice in there though.

phil
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by phil » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:44 am

The moodiest rave i went to was one nation in wembly conference halls in 1996
a woman got raped apparently and loads of muggins - proper dodgy night - ended up in the fusion arena which was playing cheese but great atmosphere

phil
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by phil » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:46 am

faceme wrote:Anyone go to the Voodoo Magic raves at Equinox? They were pretty moody. full of moody yardies.
yeah i went to a couple and they were ok - most trouble was outside with people getting mugged - same with a lot of the jungle raves around that time

enfield_paul
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Location: Down the front, on the left by the speakers at the Ark

Post by enfield_paul » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:10 pm

Fantazia Gmex 97 - i didn;t go to the bog all night. trust me you would have tied a not in it as well if you had seen the characters hangign around by the bog doors

jimee
He never locked his car door

Post by jimee » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:15 pm

I went to Match made at Wembley just for the One Nation room, and had a wicked night! Didnt get any trouble, apart from Sharky had a go at one of my mates cos he called him a poof! But my mate is 6"6 so Sharky didnt hang about lol!

The One Nation room was wicked, remember Stevie Hyper D saying on the mic about the alledged rape, and saying it was just a rumour! Hmmmm

Remember Ray Keiths set, when mid set he stopped the music and Fearless announced this is what happens when a pilice car enters One Nation, then this random police car on the stage blew up! hahaha everyone went nuts!

Walked through the Fusion room but thought it was rubbish, mid 96 and happy hardcore was at its worst! There was no way you would have got me in a house room called 'Gism' in them days either haha, was a stict junglist!

So all in all a good night!

phil
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by phil » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:02 pm

Jimee wrote:I went to Match made at Wembley just for the One Nation room, and had a wicked night! Didnt get any trouble, apart from Sharky had a go at one of my mates cos he called him a poof! But my mate is 6"6 so Sharky didnt hang about lol!

The One Nation room was wicked, remember Stevie Hyper D saying on the mic about the alledged rape, and saying it was just a rumour! Hmmmm

Remember Ray Keiths set, when mid set he stopped the music and Fearless announced this is what happens when a pilice car enters One Nation, then this random police car on the stage blew up! hahaha everyone went nuts!

Walked through the Fusion room but thought it was rubbish, mid 96 and happy hardcore was at its worst! There was no way you would have got me in a house room called 'Gism' in them days either haha, was a stict junglist!

So all in all a good night!
Yeah remember the police car - had all corragated iron with spray paint on as well didnt it on the stage
a mate of mine got asked for his money and told the prick to f off as well all bowled over he did.
you must of been out your nut tho cos it was proper moody - even the 2 passage ways to the fusion arena kept gettin blocked with people and peeps kicking off - personally i had no trouble there but saw countless people saying they had been mugged and that was before we even got in (which took 3 hours due to people pushing in and walking down the middle of the que)

Markymark

Post by Markymark » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:44 pm

Dan wrote:Liverpool.....no disrespect to any scousers but some right cranks got on there. Had to listen to 95 gabba tapes all the way there and back.
ive got a lot of family in liverpool, i didnt half hate any of the bastards i came across at raves though. the worst were the birkenhead lot for some reason. they ruined the last year of kinetic, walking around pissed up acting the the hard man all the time, kicking off. :gay: and yes, robbing people.....surprise surprise

Gorp
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Gorp » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:39 am

markymark wrote:
Dan wrote:Liverpool.....no disrespect to any scousers but some right cranks got on there. Had to listen to 95 gabba tapes all the way there and back.
ive got a lot of family in liverpool, i didnt half hate any of the bastards i came across at raves though. the worst were the birkenhead lot for some reason. they ruined the last year of kinetic, walking around pissed up acting the the hard man all the time, kicking off. :gay: and yes, robbing people.....surprise surprise
Yer we had some issuues with a bunch of Scoucers at Hardcore Heaven at the Stevnage Ice Rink, a couple of my mates started to get some shit from them so they called the rest of us over and they soon fucked off.We always took 3 car loads of us to raves so we could hold our own if it came to it.