9T2R 005 - Rare & Unreleased Fokus Records To Pre-order

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
yatesy
Regular
Regular

Re: 9T2R 005 - Rare & Unreleased Fokus Records To Pre-order

Post by yatesy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:11 pm

Lien wrote:
yatesy wrote:Just got back of my summer hols and was, thought this might of been sorted. I will tru and ring again does anyone else want his number? i will post it up on this thread.
No you don't post Elusive's number. What happens in private PM's is your business. If Dave's number ends up on here, it will get this thread locked & then deleted. So don't be so silly.
I dont see the problem in posting his number up, hes fucked us all over, obviously.
But if ya threatening to close the thread i dont want to be responsable for that.

Ive tried his number every day this week and no answer. If any one wants his number i can pass it onto them as others have done before.

what evil lurks
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by what evil lurks » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Now this is getting interesting :D

champion puffa
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by champion puffa » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:27 pm

not gettin interesting atall now

seems alot of those that keep complaining about right wing hate mongering, bully boy posters that shove thier own opinion to everyone are now.... them self... laying on thick to a guy that obviosly has personal problems.... yet they wont let up on them and keep driving the guy into the ground.

you should all be ashamed of your self..... where is the PLUR you all keep banging on about???

double standards!!!!!!

rather than slag the poor fella off.... give some props for the shit ya had off him already and send some love and support!!!

or that too much to ask from 'old skool ravers'???

pineappletribe
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by pineappletribe » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:36 am

Not being funny CP - you don't know the geezer has personal problems or anything else.. In fact, we know bugger all apart from getting told he was gonna post on here well over 2 weeks ago.... Whatever personal grief you have going on in your life, i am sure you'd have the decency to reply to about 100 people in a simple thread if you had their money and had not replied to any of them in about 6 months.

I really do hope the geezer is ok. I also appreciate the great work he has done in the past. I also appreciate that there are a lot of people that have been let down & also they've been very patient waiting... and indeed still are.

I don't agree with posting his or anyone elses' number on the internet.

[-X

usol
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by usol » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:29 am

CHAMPION PUFFA wrote:not gettin interesting atall now

seems alot of those that keep complaining about right wing hate mongering, bully boy posters that shove thier own opinion to everyone are now.... them self... laying on thick to a guy that obviosly has personal problems.... yet they wont let up on them and keep driving the guy into the ground.

you should all be ashamed of your self..... where is the PLUR you all keep banging on about???

double standards!!!!!!

rather than slag the poor fella off.... give some props for the shit ya had off him already and send some love and support!!!

In my opinion all PLUR was, even BITD was a smokescreen that disorganised or dishonest people used to hide behind. Most of the best labels/promoters and radio stations were run on a pure "business" level, those that went on about PLUR usually were the people behind no-shows on flyers, cancelled nights, broken promises and bullshit. PLUR works both ways if its gonna work at all and a lot of people feel mugged off.

Secondly, I've never had any dealings with Elusive before so don't feel I have anything to thank him for, and as I never normally get high and mighty about aggressive posting (I find many of Puffa's Stella fuelled rants quite amusing) I don't feel I have to bite my tongue here...

I do understand that from time to time people go through personal problems, bereavement, illness, depression, but we all do this...Even now I think the MAJORITY of the people on this pre-order would forgive Elusive if he manned-up and would probably either write-off the cash or give Dave a load of time to make the repayments if he's in the shit...thats PLUR, but he isn't giving anybody that option is he?

I appreciate that some poeple feel that this thread is now a malevolent thing. Ugly it may be, but a lot of the people posting on this thread have paid £13 or so (and spent 18 months waiting and hoping) and this thread is all they have to show for it. I too, don't agree with posing up his mobile number (and I don't think anyone will) but this thread has to stay...

oz
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by oz » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:12 am

Nobody knows what is wrong with Dave, to say that anyone is enjoying the possibility that something is badly wrong is out of order.
From the objective point of view lots of people have lost money and are quite rightly asking about what is going on.
I don't think it's a good idea to put his number on here either, mods should remove it.

what evil lurks
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by what evil lurks » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:19 am

CHAMPION PUFFA wrote:not gettin interesting atall now

double standards!!!!!!

Have you posted all this rant just because of my previous comment? if so, i think you've been very unfair.

I think this is getting interesting cause I still cannot understand why this problem hasn't been solved yet as it's been too much time.

Elusive's got problems? you don't know it, do you? and if that was the case, that should not prevent him to post an explanation who will reassure people here, as somebody posted a few weeks ago, just tell the truth, whatever it is and everybody will understand...nobody's gonna kill anyone for 10 quid.

I WANTED to order a couple of these for me and my mates but just when I was going to do it I noticed what it was happening so that's why I'm keeping an eye on this.

Your reply was, to some extent, how I described in the "how to improve the forum poll", let's say, a bit aggressive and bullying, but this is not a surprise for me here these days.

And yes, Elusive has helped the scene quite a lot in the past, I've dealt with him too and I have my particular opinion about his manners and ways so I don't respect the guy that much, honestly.

what evil lurks
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by what evil lurks » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:24 am

2 more things;

Posting the number can cause only more problems.

After all, I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy, and I mean it. Either he's quite fucked and depressed for something we don't know or either he's a rogue.

champion puffa

Post by champion puffa » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:37 am

wernt a direct personal insult to you W.E.L... sorry if it seemed that way.

what it was is a direct comment to all those that have constantly non stop posted comments to other members about being right wing bully boys with loud opinions....

then comming onto this thread and for pages and pages and pages, slag the guy off, threatern to post his phone number up etc etc etc...

no wonder the fukka aint answering his phone now.

yep he fuked right up on this tip... needs to show a sign and explaine whats going on..

but reading alot of the comments on this thread... no farkin wonder he aint.

ive had loads of rows with the farkka meself,
a giggle and a laugh and a piss take heated debate or row is 1 thing....

what im starting to see now is nothing short of bullying imo.

yeah the geeza is in the wrong..... nuff people see him at the kin hardcore event... yet hardly anyone mentioned anything what was said there apart from "twoooooooo weeeeeeeeks".

he needs to sort his shit out BIG TIME and get this sorted for all involved ASA kin P....but.... hounding and bullying on a public forum aint gonna get your money or tunes is it.

personaly i couldnt realy give a squirt of piss what the out come of this is.... i got the mp3 and use serato and im not a vinyl collector... but ... making me sick seeing non stop hounding from people who are constantly posting about this forum isnt friendly anymore......... certainly seems that way in this thread.

what evil lurks
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by what evil lurks » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:47 am

Back on topic for a bit... I have the mp3 as well from a cd released back in the day and from the original vinyl which was bought by my mate from discogs a few months ago and I do find the tune a bit distorted at some points, I mean, it's difficult to describe but the tune is wicked but there was some lack of good mastering perhaps??

Have you noticed this as well mate?

Was Elusive releasing a remastered version of love e remix?

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:34 pm

OZ wrote: I don't think it's a good idea to put his number on here either, mods should remove it.
The number Maxx posted up isn't Elusive's number - type it into google to see what it is.
No one on here is going to have an 0871 number.

usol
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by usol » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:40 pm

RenegadeGenius wrote: The number Maxx posted up isn't Elusive's number - type it into google to see what it is.
No one on here is going to have an 0871 number.
I didn't need to type it into google, there's just some numbers you know off by heart...

BTW, if people have seen him out and about and either not said anything or just accepted his pony excuses that is a bit poor.

As I've said several times, whatever the situation he could have dug himself out of this - if Tim Taylor has fucked him over he would have known fairly quickly (like last summer), and he carried on digging the hole right up until the end of the year when he "lost the internet" (has he checked down the back of his sofa?).

I actually think that (so far) most of the ribbing on this thread has been quite light-hearted, no-one has individually lost a great deal of cash so I don't think anyone has threatened to get nasty and most of the abuse directed at Elusive has been fairly gentle and not in any way personal or abusive (which could easily happen).

He could still dig himself out of this.

usol
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by usol » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:54 pm

what evil lurks wrote:Back on topic for a bit... I have the mp3 as well from a cd released back in the day and from the original vinyl which was bought by my mate from discogs a few months ago and I do find the tune a bit distorted at some points, I mean, it's difficult to describe but the tune is wicked but there was some lack of good mastering perhaps??

Have you noticed this as well mate?

Was Elusive releasing a remastered version of love e remix?
I know what you mean regarding the love E remix, the first drum that comes in sounds quite muffled. In fact the whole track sounds quite "flat" - almost like a vinyl rip (but without any mechanical noise) and you would have to ask why someone mastering a CD (which is much easier than mastering vinyl) would do this unless that DAT is also crap. It's also worth considering that many of the samples making up the tune are probably several generations old in terms of resampling. The "OMD - Souvenir" sample sounds crisp enough, but the Fonda Rae sample is distorted to fuck and the Ravesignal sample is as dirty as hell. The beats also sound as if they've been lifted from other vinyl records and then passed through a cheap graphic EQ.

Don't get me wrong - it's playable - just not crisp.

Short of a remake I reckon it's the best we're gonna get.

Sir Captinweestain

Post by Sir Captinweestain » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:00 pm

{Number removed] I'm assuming it's not the real one - Matt

usol
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by usol » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:13 pm

usol wrote:Don't get me wrong - it's playable - just not crisp.
Come to think of it most stuff on Fokus sounds like it was mixed down by Phil Spector on acid. Driven way too hard so that it comes out flat - sounds great on a cheap system or compressed radio broadcast but it ain't exactly "hi=fi".