9T2R 005 - Rare & Unreleased Fokus Records To Pre-order

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
usol
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Re: 9T2R 005 - Rare & Unreleased Fokus Records To Pre-order

Post by usol » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:52 am

Steady on there, full marks for finally getting it out, and full marks for all the effort that went in. But don't get too high and mighty with those who doubted you cos that was fully understandable given the circumstances. I'm sure that everyone's glad you're ok and is grateful that your efforts have finally paid off.

pineappletribe
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by pineappletribe » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:26 am

Elusive wrote:once everyone has their copies & this is all sorted i'll be gone from this forum for good
come on now mate... i can totally understand peoples' frustrations with this (including your own i might add) - and, without reading back through all the comments, i'm sure a lot of stuff was said -> some relevant some not!

it has been going on for 46 pages though... ie. a long long time. so i can see why a lot of people have posted wondering what was going on - especially without any updates from yourself for quite a period. i'm sure everyone ere just wants it sorted -> but i am also sure everyone will be ecstatic once they get said vinyl. it's been an epic journey but surely worth the wait AND FULLY DOWN TO YOU SORTING IT OUT ELUSIVE -> so i am sure i speak for all when i say that i will be truly grateful to you when this arrives... as with all your other ep's repressed.

i think it'd be very sad if u left the forum just coz some people slung some mud in your direction.... ;) the majority will be happy u got there in the end... and no doubt look forward to ur future ep's... just my opnion :D

usol
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by usol » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:55 am

I think that'd be a shame Dave. I reckon even people who got royally pissed will very quickly forget about your troubles once they have the vinyl. I reckon you owe it to everyone including yourself NOT to slope off after the release and show everyone that you're bigger than this one bad experience.

Sir Captinweestain
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by Sir Captinweestain » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:57 am

I "New" it would come through in the end !
Your not going anywhere Dave.... for the reasons.
1, ID'S, you know every hardcore track out there (well most)
2, Your Represses rule, timing sucked on the last one. B-free EP, (gets played in most my sets). And lets not forget the famous red vinyl.
3, Your a top genuine bloke, who loves the scene more than anyone.
4, Will be missed.

Edit....Typed when really stoned so may sound corny)

wax
He never locked his car door

Post by wax » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:21 pm

agreed,dont dissapear Dave,you a real valued member of the community on here and just cause there was some shit stirring by a few you shouldnt feel like YOU have to leave.
The vast majority of people all knew it would happen and supported you so stay for them.
remember for the people that bad mouthed you,there were more people who defended you mate ;)
its all good,congrats on getting this done ! stonking release !

melakaraya
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by melakaraya » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Pineappletribe wrote: come on now mate... i can totally understand peoples' frustrations with this (including your own i might add) - and, without reading back through all the comments, i'm sure a lot of stuff was said -> some relevant some not!

it has been going on for 46 pages though... ie. a long long time. so i can see why a lot of people have posted wondering what was going on - especially without any updates from yourself for quite a period. i'm sure everyone ere just wants it sorted -> but i am also sure everyone will be ecstatic once they get said vinyl. it's been an epic journey but surely worth the wait AND FULLY DOWN TO YOU SORTING IT OUT ELUSIVE -> so i am sure i speak for all when i say that i will be truly grateful to you when this arrives... as with all your other ep's repressed.

i think it'd be very sad if u left the forum just coz some people slung some mud in your direction.... ;) the majority will be happy u got there in the end... and no doubt look forward to ur future ep's... just my opnion :D
Agreed...
Wax wrote:agreed,dont dissapear Dave,you a real valued member of the community on here and just cause there was some shit stirring by a few you shouldnt feel like YOU have to leave.
The vast majority of people all knew it would happen and supported you so stay for them.
remember for the people that bad mouthed you,there were more people who defended you mate ;)
its all good,congrats on getting this done ! stonking release !
...and agreed

;)

oz

Post by oz » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:02 pm

I'm glad you've got thia sorted now and like the others would be sad to see you go.
Most of the people who used to make this site so good have left and this would be accentuated if you went.
Try to put yourself in other people's shoes and hopefully you will understand why people got frustrated, I don't really think that anyone genuinely suggested you were ripping people off or doing a runner.
I did make a few daft comments that were meant as a joke like the Del Boy picture etc.
:lol:

Good luck with any future releases and I hope you change your mind as you would be genuinely missed.

pineappletribe
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by pineappletribe » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 pm

i hope my post was received ok btw... i am relatively new here (just 2K on my account! :lol: ) meant with good heart to all parties.....

now... WHERE IS MY FVCKING RECORD OR ELSE!!! :D

love me.x

aize
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by aize » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Elusive wrote:once everyone has their copies & this is all sorted i'll be gone from this forum for good,
Don't do it man. You would definitely be missed. As said, a lot of the people who made this forum great have left an quite frankly, we can't afford to loose you. :lol:

True, some bad stuff was said an a few people stirred some shit. Don't know why, but I think a lot of people were just in a shitty mood for a while and unfortunately, the silence made you a bit of a target. I distinctly remember a lot of negativity and bitchyness in a lot of other threads around that time. Maybe it was the recession or something, who knows... The point is, the forum seems to be turning a corner recently and starting to get interesting again. You leaving would be a big blow to that recovery.

WE NEED YOU DAVE
Don't let us down!

Sonic92
Regular
Regular

Post by Sonic92 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:34 pm

Really glad this is finally happening now Dave, msny folks did retain their faith that you would deliver! Can't wait to get hold of my copy after all this time, give us a shout on MSN soon mate!

Ric

Post by Ric » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:16 pm

Stay on the site you bender.

Kind regards

Ric. :-p

Adam Timeless

Post by Adam Timeless » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Don't go mate. It will not be the same without you. Your input will be missed. Its like Aize was saying, I myself noticed that the forum became a bit of a bitchfest and I got pissed off with the negativity so started using other forums (like onlyoldskool and its all about oldskool) which weren't as negative and quite friendly. Like Aize said its getting decent again and look forward to seeing you at Abo's event in a few weeks :)

DJ_Nik_Gnashers
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by DJ_Nik_Gnashers » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Elusive wrote:All the mouthy ones have seem to have vanished, you can bet they are reading it though :-k :wanker:
So who's the mouthy ones then dave ??? lol come on name & shame ....

by Elusive » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:09 am

I'm fine about the people who per-ordered being pissed off about what went on,
but not the people who just came on the thread to stir it up & stab me in the back
and then they totally vanish when i came back, people are so quiet now, makes them look like right c**ts
once everyone has their copies & this is all sorted i'll be gone from this forum for good,
I think some of the stuff said about me in this thread is unforgivable given the input i've had here for 8 years
how quick people turned their backs on me, I'm only here to get this pressing out now

Come on dave, dont be arrogant about this.
Ive just read back all 47 pages of this thread, and out of all the 100's of replies, there is only maybe 3 slightly bad comments directed at you.
1) deadlee on april 28 2010 wrote 'what a cunt he turned out to be' about you.
2) Yatesy on may 12 2010 wrote 'only word I can use is **** about you.
3) I wrote on dec 21 2009 'I didnt have you down as a coward' for not replying to my emails.
Fact is Dave, from feb 11 2009 until jun 11 2010 you never posted once in the thread. A lot of ppl only wanted to know what was happening with the release, and by not posting anything at all, you gave them ammunition to think bad things about the whole situation.
And while Im talking facts, you were online in all that time, because you posted comments and bought tunes from cogs over the period you were supposed to not be online, and that annoyed ppl on here thinking you were arrogant in ignoring them, yet still on msn to certain ppl and yet offline to most others.
I was glad you came back on here and was ok on a personal level, and even though I have told you straight I dont want the tune or a refund, I do understand you had a lot of problems with it, out of your hands, and I can imagine you were very stressed about it.
All ppl wanted was an alpology for leaving them in limbo while you were obviously still online to some other ppl (mates) yet hiding from the majority, thats all fella.
Good luck with the release, I hope you can continue the label and the releases, and I hope you do not desert the forum.
Peace,
Nik

phil
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by phil » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:59 pm

you are right it is not the place it used to be but there are still a lot of genuine hardcore headz still on here and it would be a shame to lose one of them.

99% of us knew we would see the record and im just happy it will be coming my way at some point. ok it took ages but who cares - if all people have got to worry about is the price of a record which they will now be getting - its pretty sad imo

what evil lurks
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by what evil lurks » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:09 pm

I was one of the shit-stirrers for some time but I had different reasons to come up here and leave negative comments. My mistake. I'm sure many of you are thinking of me.

I've spoken with Elusive and everything's has been sorted out between us, it was a misunderstanding from the past in which none of us was responsible but everything must go on so I'm really happy this record is finally getting released in the end.

I still love this scene and, as someone commented before, this site is not what it used to be but if people keep on leaving the scene will die soon.