Technics has today (5th Jan 2016) announced the return of its direct-drive turntable based on a newly designed direct-drive motor. The Technics 50th anniversary limited edition Grand Class SL-1200GAE and non-limited Grand Class SL-1200G have been developed for audiophiles looking to rediscover and experience the uniquely warm sound quality of analogue vinyl discs.
To celebrate the launch of this new Technics SL-1200 development, the Technics 50th anniversary limited edition Grand Class SL-1200GAE will be available from summer with a limited serial number plate and restricted global quantity of 1,200 units while the Grand Class SL-1200G will be available later in 2016.
Grand Class SL-1200G/SL1200GAE
- Twin-Rotor Surface-Facing Direct Drive motor
- Direct Drive Motor Controller
- High Sensitive Tonearm
- Brass-Top Turntable Platter
Technics Definitive Design
- Inherited design from the SL-1200 series
- Heavy Aluminum Top Plate
- 33 1/3 rpm, 45 rpm, 78 rpm
Variable Range Pitch
- ±8%, ±16%
Dimension & Weight
- W: 453 mm H: 170 mm D: 372 mm . / 18kg *tentative (*Height: including dust cover)
- Phono output x1 / SIGNAL GND x1