Topic-icon So what do you think of this website in last 20years it's been here?

• Coolbreeze
  • Coolbreeze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
05 Oct 2017 11:04 #1 by Coolbreeze
Coolbreeze created the topic: So what do you think of this website in last 20years it's been here?

Best mind f**k yet!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2017 09:03 #2 by Ian Saunders
Ian Saunders replied the topic: So what do you think of this website in last 20years it's been here?
"home in time for cornflakes" is the best line in Total Recall.

Anyway, this site - great resource, at times funny as hell, has quietened down so much in the past few years ago. Maybe not so much in the old skool section, but in the off-topic stuff. Used to be some funny fuckers, Meatpie48, CaptainWeeStain etc.

More
09 Oct 2017 20:15 #3 by dj jedi
dj jedi replied the topic: So what do you think of this website in last 20years it's been here?
Like many forums it has suffered due to Facebook, social media etc but this site will always hold special memories for me, met so many good people through here over the last 20 years. Respect to Matt for creating it and keeping it going, here's to another 20 :)

More
12 Oct 2017 13:34 #4 by dj_gyr8
dj_gyr8 replied the topic: So what do you think of this website in last 20years it's been here?
Hi,

For many years this was the only forum I'd use, and used it every day.

Last 5 years has seen a major decline as people use Facebook etc.

Years ago you could ask a question and many people had answers, now there are very few, so the forum has been reduced to adverts for new releases only...

More
13 Oct 2017 08:16 #5 by The_Ruffneck
The_Ruffneck replied the topic: So what do you think of this website in last 20years it's been here?
Even if it's not as active anymore it's still useful to have a searchable database of information, which is why it's a shame the old forum data was lost in the changeover to the new software.

More
13 Oct 2017 12:05 #6 by DJ Chance
DJ Chance replied the topic: So what do you think of this website in last 20years it's been here?
Like others have said, met and done lots of things with people from here over the years.

Which got me thinking, apart from old skool related things, what have you done with people, you met through B2VOS.

The ones that spring to mind for me are:-

Caister Soul Weekend with DJ Rizzla and DJ Abo
Round of Golf with DJ Jedi
Regular Pizza Hut Lunches with DJ Moody

There will be others but these spring to mind!!

More
13 Oct 2017 18:40 #7 by Ian Saunders
Ian Saunders replied the topic: So what do you think of this website in last 20years it's been here?
In all my years on here, I think I've only met three people - Rob "windmill" L and (briefly) Matt Clarke & Chris Pointblank.

More
13 Oct 2017 22:05 #8 by DJ Chance
DJ Chance replied the topic: So what do you think of this website in last 20years it's been here?
I would have met loads over the years from here. Mainly at events. Met Matt at South Mimms services for the B2VOS EPs.

• Coolbreeze
  • Coolbreeze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
14 Oct 2017 08:12 #9 by Coolbreeze
Coolbreeze replied the topic: So what do you think of this website in last 20years it's been here?
I haven't met anyone on here, but made some good internet pals, remember Prime Movements aka steve from Bristol, used to be a interesting nu-oldskool producer on here and had many interesting telephone chats over the years with him. I did have a holiday week with my parents near where he lived but I offered to see him but he couldn't because he had his grandads funeral to prepare or something like that.

More
15 Oct 2017 18:54 #10 by DJ Chance
Are you still in contact with Steve? He produced some wicked tunes. Also dabble in house stuff as well.

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.703 seconds