Topic-icon Jungle Buddha Repress

• dj jedi
  • dj jedi's Avatar Topic Author
More
31 Jul 2017 07:18 #1 by dj jedi
dj jedi created the topic: Jungle Buddha Repress
£200 on Discogs or £10 from Seventh Storey? No brainer!

seventhstoreyprojects.com/jungle-buddha-...-preorders-open-now/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• alphawave ep AKA DJ Mark C
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
01 Aug 2017 18:16 #2 by alphawave ep AKA DJ Mark C
alphawave ep AKA DJ Mark C replied the topic: Jungle Buddha Repress
Be mad to miss out on this! Even if you have the original buy a copy....

More
02 Aug 2017 23:32 #3 by pete.devnull
pete.devnull replied the topic: Jungle Buddha Repress
can't wait for this!! Never did manage to score the Green Buddha EP.

• dj jedi
  • dj jedi's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 Aug 2017 10:00 #4 by dj jedi
dj jedi replied the topic: Jungle Buddha Repress
Just got this today, brilliant! Despite having it on my wants list for years I don't think I had ever heard it before, not at all what I was expecting. Certainly not jungle, more like late 92 hardcore. The A1 track is basically just a loop of "Here Comes The Drums" with a few samples over the top, but it works very well. Nice to see some proper hardcore in the recent sea of jungle reissues.

More
29 Aug 2017 19:43 #5 by audiohazard
audiohazard replied the topic: Jungle Buddha Repress
Can someone tell me what is goijf on with this? A mate ordered me one while he was getting his, and he is saying there was some balls up at the plant and they were recorded at the wrong speed?? Sounds like an unusual slip up for 7th story who are normally bang on the money with the quality of their products. Anyway. I donr use Facebook and my mate is even more shit with the Internet than me..cheers.

More
30 Aug 2017 03:30 #6 by silky
silky replied the topic: Jungle Buddha Repress

audiohazard wrote: Can someone tell me what is goijf on with this? A mate ordered me one while he was getting his, and he is saying there was some balls up at the plant and they were recorded at the wrong speed?? Sounds like an unusual slip up for 7th story who are normally bang on the money with the quality of their products. Anyway. I donr use Facebook and my mate is even more shit with the Internet than me..cheers.

Hey fella,

All is explained on the release page on discogs.

It's a genuine mistake from Simon who is a credit to our scene. I'll copy and paste what he wrote on there...........................

Hi all,

Apologies if anyone is waiting on an update on this. It has required some in-depth investigations and other scurrying around in the background, as well as coming at a time where to be honest, I have had some extremely pressing (excuse crap pun) personal things to deal with.

The bottom line is that the tracks were pressed at the wrong speed, I won't go into the why's and wherefore's of what happened, but suffice to say it was my mistake and nobody else's - something I'm not particularly chuffed or proud of, but as I've been told countless times over the last week by countless people, these things happen. That may be the case, but I can't say I'm happy about it in the slightest either. I extend my sincerest apologies to everyone that this has happened.

The best gesture I can think of to resolve this adequately is to recut at the correct speed, repress with slightly amended artwork and catalogue number to differentiate from the first, incorrect press and replace all existing copies. If you have copies of the first press, please just keep hold of them to do what you wish with and your copies will be replaced free of charge when the replacements are available. The replacements will be subject to the usual turnaround times, but I will try and get them pushed through a bit quicker if at all possible.

If you have returned your copy/copies of the original press, there will likely be spare copies of the replacement run that you can purchase again nearer the time if you wish. If you still want to return your copies for whatever reason, please get in touch at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., and we'll arrange that on an individual basis.

To all those that have said they are happy with the press, thank you for saying so both in public and privately - however in the cold light of day they are not as they should be, and they will be replaced. To all those that have offered some amazing support and kind words over the past few days (and weeks, months and years in a lot of cases), another big THANK YOU!

Hopefully getting this sorted will appease those that might feel particularly unhappy about the situation. 7th Storey Projects has never been about anything more than wanting to put out good music that we love, and hopefully others enjoy and love too, and that's exactly what we want to, and will keep on doing.

Peace
Simon

More
30 Aug 2017 16:11 #7 by audiohazard
audiohazard replied the topic: Jungle Buddha Repress
Nice one silky, spoken to my mate today who says they sound great. Just really slow... At least 7th story are fixing the problem. Love the 7rh story label.so many good releases.

More
30 Aug 2017 18:16 #8 by Matt Clarke
Matt Clarke replied the topic: Jungle Buddha Repress
Well the slow ones are now "special editions" ;)

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.488 seconds