Topic-icon Venues you miss?

• Restless1
  • Restless1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
15 May 2017 20:36 #1 by Restless1
Restless1 created the topic: Venues you miss?
For me it's "Air" (was called "Code" before that) here in Birmingham.

Funktion 1 soundsystem on all three floors, each floor was state of the art and more than worthy of being a club/venue in it's own right, and I had some truly unforgettable nights there and the memories are some of the best I've got from raving, and those nights from 2005-7 were on reflection my "last hurrah" and were my second wind of nightlife at the time. Loved that place!

That's one that sticks out for me as I drive past it all the time and it's sad to see it closed down when it genuinely is one of the countries top night spots.

Q Club is another, but mostly because without it there's no "Flashback" and they were THE BIG party of my time and possibly the best parties this city has seen.

Your turn...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2017 10:05 #2 by stringz
stringz replied the topic: Venues you miss?
all of them but most of all Roller Express and Lydd

More
16 May 2017 18:08 #3 by Richruffcut
Richruffcut replied the topic: Venues you miss?
The Manor nightclub on Matchams Lane just outside Bournemouth.... Once a month from mid to late nineties - The best club I've ever been to and the only place I actually miss

More
16 May 2017 19:48 #4 by otbiz
otbiz replied the topic: Re:Venues you miss?
Linford Film Studios. Doesn't help that I pass it every day on the train into work...

More
17 May 2017 09:53 #5 by nekro
nekro replied the topic: Venues you miss?
Bagleys. This was the first proper rave venue I went to (a few under18s events in leisure centres before this). I heard they've now re-developed the site and turned it into an upmarket shopping centre.

More
17 May 2017 16:42 #6 by dj jedi
dj jedi replied the topic: Venues you miss?

Richruffcut wrote: The Manor nightclub on Matchams Lane just outside Bournemouth.... Once a month from mid to late nineties - The best club I've ever been to and the only place I actually miss

Snap! Best club ever IMO. Not just the venue, but the promoters and clientele it attracted. In fact 18 years after it closed there are still Manor reunion parties held in Bournemouth with DJs like Danny Rampling, Judge Jules etc.

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds