strong pills

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
User avatar
Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3447
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:53 pm

Re: strong pills

Post by Restless » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:24 pm

c_funk wrote:
DJ Chance wrote:I see these Superman pills are in the news.

Not nice as 3 died.
i had some of the supermens that were nice and strong and clean E's a few months back and looks like some wanker has copied the press and made shite fake pills, as always happens over the years.

the first lot were having it though!

i hardly do them anymore as have a 1 year old now but will be getting to either rupture or distant planet for a rave up!

and if you can still do them at any age and its not affecting your life in a negative way then why the fcuk not?
Being a GROWN MAN of say 45 years of age GURNING in a nightclub is not a good look mate.

I always cringe at those guys. They either have no prospects or don't realise that they're the oldest swinger in town.

User avatar
AtomSmasher
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1693
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Watford. Unfortunately!
Contact:

Re: strong pills

Post by AtomSmasher » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:41 am

I don't have an issue with anyone still wanting to drop pills:
I think for people to pass judgement just because they've knocked it on the head is the height of hypocrisy to be honest.
I haven't done one for 5 years - but I still have a cheeky one stashed away in my record box for prosperity...I wouldn't have thought it will ever get necked now, but i can see why it would still be tempting if you're in the situation that Jonny was in.

User avatar
The_Ruffneck
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:06 am
Location: Australia

Re: strong pills

Post by The_Ruffneck » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:13 pm

I've got a feeling many of the punters over here are on crystal meth nowdays.How else do you explain the rise of dubstep?
Last edited by The_Ruffneck on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The_Ruffneck
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:06 am
Location: Australia

Re: strong pills

Post by The_Ruffneck » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Restless wrote:
c_funk wrote:
DJ Chance wrote:I see these Superman pills are in the news.

Not nice as 3 died.
i had some of the supermens that were nice and strong and clean E's a few months back and looks like some wanker has copied the press and made shite fake pills, as always happens over the years.

the first lot were having it though!

i hardly do them anymore as have a 1 year old now but will be getting to either rupture or distant planet for a rave up!

and if you can still do them at any age and its not affecting your life in a negative way then why the fcuk not?
Being a GROWN MAN of say 45 years of age GURNING in a nightclub is not a good look mate.

I always cringe at those guys. They either have no prospects or don't realise that they're the oldest swinger in town.
Went to my last party when i was 25 and i already felt old.Can't imagine going at 30 let alone 45.

User avatar
Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3447
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:53 pm

Re: strong pills

Post by Restless » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:22 am

I know, mate. My thoughts exactly!

Not to be a killjoy, but if you haven't got it out of your system by the time you're 30, you'll be the oldest swinger in town with no prospects. Guaranteed!

User avatar
pineappletribe
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 4498
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:23 am
Location: West Sussex

Re: strong pills

Post by pineappletribe » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:13 pm

Restless wrote:Not to be a killjoy, but if you haven't got it out of your system by the time you're 30, you'll be the oldest swinger in town with no prospects. Guaranteed!

Yes grandma :lol:

User avatar
jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Posts: 11343
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:05 pm
Location: Leeds/Dublin
Contact:

Re: strong pills

Post by jonny » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:00 pm

AtomSmasher wrote:I don't have an issue with anyone still wanting to drop pills:
I think for people to pass judgement just because they've knocked it on the head is the height of hypocrisy to be honest.
I haven't done one for 5 years - but I still have a cheeky one stashed away in my record box for prosperity...I wouldn't have thought it will ever get necked now, but i can see why it would still be tempting if you're in the situation that Jonny was in.
exactly, if your an ex raver who used to take pills which lets face it 99% on here are then you come out and start giving lectures and slagging off some that still do it's nothing short of hypocrisy.

As i said previously that was a one off, it's unlikely ill ebver take any again but if someone my age does then good luck to them, all ill do now is a few lines but the stuff is so crap you might as well not bother and just stick to ŧhe beer.

User avatar
jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Posts: 11343
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:05 pm
Location: Leeds/Dublin
Contact:

Re: strong pills

Post by jonny » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Restless wrote:I know, mate. My thoughts exactly!

Not to be a killjoy, but if you haven't got it out of your system by the time you're 30, you'll be the oldest swinger in town with no prospects. Guaranteed!

that's nonsense mate, i still know some people, for example some mates of mine younger brothers who are in their early 30's and they still go out not as regular mind but they still go out having it large, majority are working and have birds and are normal lads.

Everyone is different, just because some stopped and dont bother anymore doesnt mean others want to, i dont bother anymore at my age but if people wanna still rave then good luck tothem, go to Ibiza and you'll still see clubbers in their 40's who might only indugle once a year.

User avatar
Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3447
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:53 pm

Re: strong pills

Post by Restless » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:39 pm

Rubbish.

John, I know of nobody that goes out now at my age (early 30's). When it comes to clubbing there's a timeline...

Start early (15), go out every weekend until you get a touch older (23/24), slow down a bit (27/28), end up retiring as the new breed are coming through (30/32). That's my timeline and a hell of a lot of people that I know of as well.

I see and know people who are in their 40's out all the time, and they are bums. Still rolling around on the floor gurning or on the session from Saturday morning till Sunday night.

I agree, fair play to them, but fook me is it embarrassing to see. You've had your time, let go and move on!

User avatar
pineappletribe
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 4498
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:23 am
Location: West Sussex

Re: strong pills

Post by pineappletribe » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:20 am

I think u have issues :lol:

I mean seriously who gives a fuck if somebody is 'the oldest swinger in town' as u put it?!

Certainly not me. Good on them for enjoying themselves in whatever capacity. Whether they take drugs or not. Seriously - who cares?

Maybe don't take life or your image too seriously - u might have some fun! ;)

User avatar
tha liquid
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century
Posts: 7358
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:53 am
Location: Nastycore[tm] Records
Contact:

Re: strong pills

Post by tha liquid » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:28 pm

Restless wrote:Rubbish.

John, I know of nobody that goes out now at my age (early 30's). When it comes to clubbing there's a timeline...

Start early (15), go out every weekend until you get a touch older (23/24), slow down a bit (27/28), end up retiring as the new breed are coming through (30/32). That's my timeline and a hell of a lot of people that I know of as well.

I see and know people who are in their 40's out all the time, and they are bums. Still rolling around on the floor gurning or on the session from Saturday morning till Sunday night.

I agree, fair play to them, but fook me is it embarrassing to see. You've had your time, let go and move on!
I agree with both yourself AND johnny...

Your age timeline is about right. I started at 15 and was regular at the raves, the clubs and the pills. When I say regular I mean 5-8 nights a month, till about 22. After that it was regular-ish(once or twice a month) till around 27/28 when it was once in a while(2-6 per year. At 35 I just couldn't be arsed anymore and stopped. That was just down to normal things like the comedowns being worse and longer(cos of age), achey legs the day after an event(cos of age) and just feeling I should take much better care of myself(cos of age).

If someone wants to carry on well into their 40's then good on them. Yeah admittedly it can look a bit odd, but you know what, who gives a fuck what anyone looks like, the old ravers are there to rave, who care's if it does look a bit strange, the raver is there to 'ave it. My original post earlier on in this thread was simply a case of just saying "be careful" pillwise. A lot of us managed to rough it through the odd dodgy pill back in the day when we were younger, but at 40+ the heart isn't quite forgiving, hence my "hold it down" comments.

If you enjoy doing summat then bollocks to age, just go for it and enjoy/embrace it, just be extra careful, cos sometimes you need to be.

Oh and for the record i've met Jonny a couple of times(top bloke) and he loves to 'ave it, but didn't look out of place ravin'(albeit a few years ago, lol).

:-)

Peace...

User avatar
Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3447
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:53 pm

Re: strong pills

Post by Restless » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:35 pm

I have to laugh at the "achy legs" comment!

I started getting that in 2006/7, and I NEVER got that EVER! Once that kicked I knew I was finished when it came to the allnighters.

User avatar
pineappletribe
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 4498
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:23 am
Location: West Sussex

Re: strong pills

Post by pineappletribe » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:33 am

Restless wrote:I have to laugh at the "achy legs" comment!
fairplay - but tbh I think u are both lucky yer legs only ache the next day ;) mine do at the actual event :lol:

User avatar
Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3447
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:53 pm

Re: strong pills

Post by Restless » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:38 am

That's what I'm on about! Hahaha.

Usually the last hour is me sitting it out! Ha!

User avatar
dj_gyr8
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3701
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:45 pm
Location: southcoast

Re: strong pills

Post by dj_gyr8 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi,

You guys make me laugh...

Locked