FL Studio Beginners Guide -Starting Up

Breaks, Old Skool, Nu Skool. Interested in how it's all done or have advice to offer? Post here
cynispin
Regular
Regular

Re: FL Studio Beginners Guide -Starting Up

Post by cynispin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:36 am

Awesome! I've been trying to find a really good FL community site where people are really pushing the program's limits. I've got a buddy who lives up the road from me that is a genius with it. The only problem is that he makes hardstyle, which is pretty different from most any type of breakbeat stuff. He has taught me a good bit about automation, which is really essential to making your stuff sound interesting since, as Sike pointed out, it's hard to get all the edits and things in there. But I love the bottom portion of the sequencer (don't know what they call it, but it has more of a reason/cakewalk feel since you can see what is actually going on in the pattern) in that you can chop out portions of a pattern and do minor edits without making entirely new patterns (I don't think I ever hit 50+ patterns, but most songs were definitely 30-40 without this feature)

Good to see some other people using FL studio! I hate the way some people will just turn up there nose to the program.

stuartj
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by stuartj » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:26 pm

Soundbwoy wrote:One thing that jars me is having to put a break edit on a different line, ie if i done a load of amen edits id need to use however lines in the playist to cover them or do it in one big lump which isnt very versatile. I end up having like 50-60 lines in the playlist on the go in a tune at times lol
Lee - are you drawing your arrangement using the blocks or pattern clips in the lower half of the playlist window?

If you use the pattern clips in the lower half you can click on the drop down menu of the pattern and click "Make Unique" then you can double click and change the pattern how you like in the piano roll.

It doesn't truley get away from having each break on a pattern line, but it makes the arrangement much easier to read as you can have all the breaks on one pattern

I hope that makes sense!

killabeez
New User
New User

Post by killabeez » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:49 am

FL studio is a very powerful piece of kit, I recently sold my mega unstable Cubase & now solely use FL, would recommend it to any beginners as you really can be making beats as soon as you turn it on but you wont find yourself outgrowing it as the lifetime free updates keep getting better..
Hence now being able to sequence in the same manner as Cubase etc

Dj bennie D
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Dj bennie D » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:03 am

Oh do what am doing now and rewiring FL thru sx3 ooooooooooohhhhhhhh thats were it gets very messy ;)

c.a.s.e.92
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by c.a.s.e.92 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:08 am

I got FL3 off a m8 so I thought i'd have a tinker about and this is what I came up with.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zz3muymlncm

It's not a structured track, just an idea I had. I'd really like to know more about this programme so any tips appreciated. cheers

DazzF
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver
Location: Northfleet - The sun always shines in Northfleet, even at night.

Post by DazzF » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:16 am

Wax and Blade187 had a thread on this FL question, so I thought I'd post it in the FL Sticky as I did not know how to do it.
Wax wrote:Hi guys,
i have somehow adjusted a setting on FL producer 7.
usually with a audio clip if you adjust it from the right hand side it will either stretch or skew up and time the sample accordingly.
mine the sample stays exactly the same length now and instead you just make the sample itself smaller for example if the sample says "one two three four" and i drag it half way in it will now say "one two" instead of saying "one two three four" but in a much faster time and higher pitch !

its driving me mad as i cant for the life of me remember what i pushed to make it do this !
any help much appriciatted ! thanks !
blade187 wrote:On the playlist screen on the left hand side there are three buttons for what the play list focuses on: Audio, Automation and Pattern from left to right. Click on Audio and then you'll see 2 options underneath: Zero Cross and Stretch. You need to Stretch to be ticked to get it to how it used to be.

hope this helps

fibreoptic
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by fibreoptic » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:12 am

ust new to FL after using Acid Pro

Im running FL Studio 9

Anyone point me to a good "idiots" guide?

Any help appreciated

Daz

dj nicky allen
Regular
Regular

Post by dj nicky allen » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:59 pm

My house thats all i have to say.

fibreoptic
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master