Star Wars samples

Breaks, Old Skool, Nu Skool. Interested in how it's all done or have advice to offer? Post here
rebeast
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Star Wars samples

Post by rebeast » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:51 am

I'm looking for a clean samples with Star Wars (Palpatine, Vader), thanks for any info. :)

Fizza
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Re: Star Wars samples

Post by Fizza » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:23 pm

The best thing to do would be to get the DVD with the original theatrical releases that had the original score which left a lot more of the dialogue clean:

Amazon

It's the NTSC version, but I would imagine that there is PAL too.

Lucas etc.. obviously come to realise how popular the Star Wars material is/was to sample so there's very little chance that the voice tracks will ever be found totally clean in any way, ie; audio book etc.. and I would say sampling is one of the reasons why there is little dialogue in movies in general these days without some sort of score in the background.

rebeast
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by rebeast » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:36 pm

Fizza wrote:The best thing to do would be to get the DVD with the original theatrical releases that had the original score which left a lot more of the dialogue clean:

Amazon

It's the NTSC version, but I would imagine that there is PAL too.

Lucas etc.. obviously come to realise how popular the Star Wars material is/was to sample so there's very little chance that the voice tracks will ever be found totally clean in any way, ie; audio book etc.. and I would say sampling is one of the reasons why there is little dialogue in movies in general these days without some sort of score in the background.
Thanks for idea mate. I have a 2 disc edition, second dvd with documentary material - maybe it's the same, tommorow I searching this copy.
To be honest, I thought that someone has already separated the sound of the voice and I will be able to benefit from this. ;)

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:42 pm

There are Star Wars samples out there, but the packs I've found tend to be very poor quality.
Best to rip the audio yourself using DVD Audio Extractor - this can rip DTS files into 6 wav files.
(Left / Right Front, Centre (usually channel 3 - this usually has the vocals), Back Left & Right, Sub).

rebeast
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by rebeast » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:19 pm

renegadegenius wrote:There are Star Wars samples out there, but the packs I've found tend to be very poor quality.
Best to rip the audio yourself using DVD Audio Extractor - this can rip DTS files into 6 wav files.
(Left / Right Front, Centre (usually channel 3 - this usually has the vocals), Back Left & Right, Sub).

I'll probably have to do it, although I believe that, maybe someone already had separated earlier. :)