New Label "Sun Dance Rave Recordings" HELP PLEASE

Breaks, Old Skool, Nu Skool. Interested in how it's all done or have advice to offer? Post here
Lukey p
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

New Label "Sun Dance Rave Recordings" HELP PLEASE

Post by Lukey p » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:28 am

and Sun Dance Ukg Revival.......Id much appreciate it if anyone can help me further my idea.....I have found a genius at rave music production unsigned, an Im investing some time and money into this artist.....

I have a website in production and have a demo of most of the trax i want to release on it......
I now want to clear the samples and want some advise if at all possble....Im hereby adding a mix with most of the trax ill be bringing out....bar a few favorites from Sike and a few other producers Im sure are on here, just to fill the set.....

any help would be much appreciated i have cash waiting if need be for peoples time......

Kindest Regards, let bring back the good stuff, no newness to it aprat from its made in 2013-4, people aint digging the newer sounding stuff, too breaks and not ravey/oldskool enuff, they all want the old breaks back.....

enjoy this mix, feedback so so helpul please....

http://www.mixcloud.com/djlukeyp/lukey- ... romo-2014/

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Re: New Label "Sun Dance Rave Recordings" HELP PLEASE

Post by renegadegenius » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:04 am

There's some nice tunes there, so good luck with it all, but to be honest, I don't really think there's decent money to be made anymore.

Selling digital for example (mp3s/wav) you'd need to sell a hell of a lot of copies to make it worth while, especially if splitting with the artist.

Vinyl sales for new tunes is virtually dead as well - lucky to shift 100-200 copies.

Eg - if I added up the profit I've made through vinyl sales (bat beat, paranoid & the other bits I've done) it's not even come close to a months wages.

That's without paying for any samples as well.

Sounds like you've got help from the Ratpack though, so with that sort of fanbase, you might be alright.
You'll find a lot of business/making money is more about who you know as well as what you know ;)

Doing it for the love of it is really what it's about these days. If you do make a bit of extra cash, it's good, but don't rely on this as you're main source of income.

Good luck with it all.

Lukey p
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Re: New Label "Sun Dance Rave Recordings" HELP PLEASE

Post by Lukey p » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:58 am

Not really help as yet from Ratpack...just some much appreciated idents/inros, but lucky enough to be touched by their kindness...

Not doing it for money, more the music, and meeting Statix, a close mate now and he has a certain flair to his tracks, what I looked for in rave music.

Appreciate your time and advise....will inbox you......

I know lots of people sick of the way new rave is going with some leading oldskool djs, its too new sounding away from the old ways of production, using the original beats and cheeky samples/cameo appearences from very familia golden oldies.....