jsm @ S.M.Studios... - was the name then!!!

Post links to your OWN mixes or pirate radio station rips here for others to download. No copies of promoters CD packs please !
LooP Library
New User
New User

jsm @ S.M.Studios... - was the name then!!!

Post by LooP Library » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:08 am

well, i have been involved in music so long now its just a part of my being. but in between the days of electro 6,7,8, and chikago house and trax records (still got em) and then the acid house scene and happy hard-core, i tried experimenting with many sounds and platforms...

but i never stopped loving the acid house scene, and allthough i was never into the drugs at all, as a dj, i just loved the get together atmosphere. it was truly a blessing to be around at that time. and allthough i never became a big dj as such (i was too busy making events happen behind the scenes so to speak) i always loved being hands on behind the decks....

as hip hop was always mine and our first love, we did a lot of hip hop events in and around redditch in the midlands. millsborough house for all of you who dj'd or went there came much later for m8 and theres a story or two there i can tell you. we did make some demo's which one day i hope to get up and on-line for all to listen to and njoy!...

in the mix in hip hop was all the genius at work compilation which i still have and can be heard on youtube if you dig around. my best m8 and dj when i mc'd and organised was mark and boy was he good with an sl1200. that reminds me of my first dj burnout in top cats in the 80s, boy did i hurt that guy, but thats for another day...

now i loved the acid house scene, and happy hard-core was by far the best for me because of the way the bootleg cassettes, sadly i lost em all :() just sounded happy and one big mix. i made one song in the happy hard-core genere allready online and will link to here in the coming months...

after drum n bass and jungle quite literally killed my favourite genere ( i know im in the minority here but i truly loved acid house scene and teckno ) i noticed a mood change in the clubs, and millsborough house was no exception. but the music and those beats, i loved em they were amazing. something me and dave on this site talk about all the...

im more of a break beak kinda boy, and in time i will post links to some of my material for you all to torture yourselves with...

but in terms of drum and bass i never really went down that path, i always seemed to drift more to the chemikal electronica break beat kinda feel, and songs like midnight2am and night to remember which will be linked to in the future when i get there, are i suppose drum n bass but very laid back...

ive been in the mix, aswell as played the mixes (no jive bunny jokes i promise) but the best for me was the happy hard-core scene. and it all came and went sooo quick. what a wonderfull journey it all was, driving to those illegal raves in a car convoy that in the end never got there :( listening to local people and artists making their own mixes of big tunes out there, point 9 records might remember me, and the guys who mixed golden brown by the stranglers. and a WHOLE cassette of brilliant music you guys might even love, that dave and i have enjoyed, by someone who sent me a demo tape, and to this day i dont know the person personally. i do intend to post that here eventually in the hope that backtotheoldskool can help me find its owner, boy i would love to chat with him. his mix was excellent for its day...

finally, isnt it a pleasure to have those moments down memory lane we never forget, and isnt it amazing how they nearly always have some sort of music we remember associated with it as well. perhaps i was in your mix at some stage, allbeit un-signed and demo only, but what a pleasure it is to love and to know music, and what a pleasure it is to know a good mix when you hear it...

as always now, and in the spirit of love & light, i wish you all well...
till next time all...
jsm.