Did anyone ever...

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
fannypad
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Did anyone ever...

Post by fannypad » Thu May 24, 2007 1:48 am

...find the source of the chanting sample from Sonz - Far Out?

There was a long topic from a couple of months back where a few people were on the case but noone put up a definitive answer as far as I can remember.

fannypad

Re: Did anyone ever...

Post by fannypad » Thu May 24, 2007 2:14 am

I remember that being mentioned and a few people going through their back catalogue, was wondering if anyone had found the bloody sample yet... :lol:

Guess there's only so much Bulgarian folk a man can take.

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Thu May 24, 2007 4:59 am

Elusive wrote:Renegadegenius was looking into it, not sure how far he got with it though
i'll see what i can find on the torrents, this sort of stuff will be well hard to find, its not pop music LOL
After 2 hrs of listening to stuff I'd downloaded, my ears gave up :lol:
As FP said - only so much of that u can take!

mulder
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by mulder » Thu May 24, 2007 3:13 pm

That sample has been used so much though, you'd think somebody would know what track it was :D Perhaps the person who first used that sample left it clean in their track, and that's where everybody else sampled it from?

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by renegadegenius » Thu May 24, 2007 3:23 pm

mulder wrote:That sample has been used so much though, you'd think somebody would know what track it was :D Perhaps the person who first used that sample left it clean in their track, and that's where everybody else sampled it from?

Ive only heard it on 2 tracks that I can remember - far out & one of those reel2reel things.
After listening to that bulgarian stuff it def sounds like its something they've done - don't know which track though....

fannypad

Post by fannypad » Thu May 24, 2007 9:06 pm

It's also on the 91 mix of A Split Second - Flesh, but not clean. There's a load of mixes of this though so it might be clean on one of them.

dj_yt
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dj_yt » Thu May 24, 2007 9:27 pm

Loads of old skool tracks were made using the samples from the "Data File" series of CDs. This explains the crossover of samples between many tunes - a lot of the time tracks weren't just sampling each other.

I copied these from Mike Ash back in the 90s, and you can literally listen through them and piece together loads of the old skool tracks - including stuff like the screaming from Invisible Man - The Beginning and so forth.

I'm pretty sure these CDs weren't sample cleared, and I have no other information on them as mine are blank CDRs. Maybe some of the producers know something?

Da_Tilt
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Da_Tilt » Thu May 24, 2007 9:32 pm

dj_yt wrote:Loads of old skool tracks were made using the samples from the "Data File" series of CDs. This explains the crossover of samples between many tunes - a lot of the time tracks weren't just sampling each other.

I copied these from Mike Ash back in the 90s, and you can literally listen through them and piece together loads of the old skool tracks - including stuff like the screaming from Invisible Man - The Beginning and so forth.

I'm pretty sure these CDs weren't sample cleared, and I have no other information on them as mine are blank CDRs. Maybe some of the producers know something?

Are u the guy who have done that England Story; absolutely fukkin massive tune!!!!! Puffa drops it big time too.

dj_yt
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dj_yt » Thu May 24, 2007 9:39 pm

Da_Tilt wrote: Are u the guy who have done that England Story; absolutely fukkin massive tune!!!!! Puffa drops it big time too.
Afraid not matey - which track's that? :)

Da_Tilt
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Da_Tilt » Thu May 24, 2007 9:49 pm

dj_yt wrote:
Da_Tilt wrote: Are u the guy who have done that England Story; absolutely fukkin massive tune!!!!! Puffa drops it big time too.
Afraid not matey - which track's that? :)
Tis one:

http://www.discogs.com/release/754368

dj_yt
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dj_yt » Thu May 24, 2007 10:35 pm

hehe nah, this one - http://e.discogs.com/artist/DJ+YT

:)

fannypad

Post by fannypad » Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 pm

dj_yt wrote:Loads of old skool tracks were made using the samples from the "Data File" series of CDs. This explains the crossover of samples between many tunes - a lot of the time tracks weren't just sampling each other.
Yeah, I've got copies of these along with the first X-Static Goldmine and they were the first thing I thought of when the whole thing was brought up, but I've not come across that particular chanting sample yet.

There's a shitload of content on those CDs though so it may yet emerge from the shadows when I least expect it.

oz
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by oz » Fri May 25, 2007 8:02 am

what reel 2 reel tune is this on?

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by renegadegenius » Fri May 25, 2007 8:04 am

OZ wrote:what reel 2 reel tune is this on?
Turns out its a slightly different chant (although similar style) - I checked yesterday (Can't remember the name off the top of my head).

mulder
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by mulder » Thu May 31, 2007 11:20 pm

RenegadeGenius wrote:
OZ wrote:what reel 2 reel tune is this on?
Turns out its a slightly different chant (although similar style) - I checked yesterday (Can't remember the name off the top of my head).
DD Hass and Extensive - Out of Africa has slightly different chanting, but the same voices, and same words if not the same tune to the vocals.