Need your shit sorted at Discogs? Post here

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Locked
safe
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century
Posts: 7599
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:53 pm
Contact:

Post by safe » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:39 pm

RenegadeGenius wrote:
safe wrote:
RenegadeGenius wrote: I only heard a couple of clips that were on an ebay auction (and got the rest of the info from the seller) - from the clips, it sounded like it had been sped up a fair bit - no idea if thats how its on the vinyl or just how the seller recorded it.
Here's the orig link for the auction (went for silly money too!!):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0044580509
interesting. the seller's no longer a registered user, so i wondered if the whole thing wasn't a hoax. i notice the winning bidder has left very positive feedback, though.
Yep, they did leave each other good feedback - wasn't instant though like some dodgy ones are - did take a good week or so (yep, I was keeping an eye on it to see what the buyer had to say).
When I was asking the seller questions, they seemed friendly enough & answered everything - I did tell them it was a bootleg though, but they didn't update the listing - hence my putting it on discogs so people know.
Part 1 wasn't the rare version either - just the normal one.
if they have actually pressed up a few, and it's not a vinyl dub or something, we'll probably see them slowly filter onto ebay. really, it's about time someone bootlegged that "part four".

User avatar
renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Posts: 20208
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:53 am
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:41 pm

safe wrote:
RenegadeGenius wrote:
safe wrote: interesting. the seller's no longer a registered user, so i wondered if the whole thing wasn't a hoax. i notice the winning bidder has left very positive feedback, though.
Yep, they did leave each other good feedback - wasn't instant though like some dodgy ones are - did take a good week or so (yep, I was keeping an eye on it to see what the buyer had to say).
When I was asking the seller questions, they seemed friendly enough & answered everything - I did tell them it was a bootleg though, but they didn't update the listing - hence my putting it on discogs so people know.
Part 1 wasn't the rare version either - just the normal one.
if they have actually pressed up a few, and it's not a vinyl dub or something, we'll probably see them slowly filter onto ebay. really, it's about time someone bootlegged that "part four".
I sold all my 10" copies ages ago (unfortunately b4 it started selling for silly money) as didn't think it was all that.
There was another release with 'part 4' on it : http://www.discogs.com/release/530168
I know the quality on that release is excellent.

safe
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century
Posts: 7599
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:53 pm
Contact:

Post by safe » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:44 pm

RenegadeGenius wrote:I sold all my 10" copies ages ago (unfortunately b4 it started selling for silly money) as didn't think it was all that.
There was another release with 'part 4' on it : http://www.discogs.com/release/530168
I know the quality on that release is excellent.
i actually have that release, and yeah, the sound quality is great. ;)

User avatar
somatic
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Posts: 10097
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2002 12:00 am
Location: Carshalton, Surrey

Post by somatic » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:06 pm

Just this one still http://www.discogs.com/release/814164

You said about putting the tracklisting the same as on the sticker but the sticker is out of order, the correct tracklisting i put is as it appears on the vinyl

nebkins
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3602
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Kent
Contact:

Post by nebkins » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:48 pm

Got a couple here

http://www.discogs.com/pending?user=nebkins_sales

and have at least another 100 to add to discogs but i will alternate between this and my other account
:D

oz
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door
Posts: 5384
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:03 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by oz » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:46 pm


User avatar
Da_Tilt
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1680
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:38 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Da_Tilt » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:57 pm

Not my submissions, but I want finally c those thru (pending for months):

http://www.discogs.com/release/766346
http://www.discogs.com/release/774936

User avatar
Devious Dame
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door
Posts: 6335
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:13 pm
Location: Ipswich

Post by Devious Dame » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:47 pm


nebkins
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3602
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Kent
Contact:

Post by nebkins » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:48 pm

http://www.discogs.com/pending?user=nebkins

Gonna be submitting about 150-200 bids in the next few weeks

User avatar
Bloodyfist
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1805
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:36 pm
Location: Bolton

Post by Bloodyfist » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:28 pm

Just got a message saying 'Modnotes are required for this type of submission (minimum 4 characters)'. How come it won't let me submit this release?

http://www.discogs.com/release/853221

Ok Mr purity, what am i doing wrong mate :)

User avatar
Purity Control
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 2573
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:16 pm
Location: From the MOON

Post by Purity Control » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:20 pm

There's a box at the very bottom of your sub called "moderator notes", just type anything that you or the mods might find odd about this release, if there's nothing strange just write something along the lines of "New release submission, nothing out of the ordinary here". Some folks try to get around it by typing something completely random in that box like "ABCD" or "1234" but if you do that it might get NO-voted, so always best to just type a few words explaining what you're doing.

Also, just taking a look at it, on the A1 track you're gonna need to put a credit in the extra artist column, click the [+] button there and enter in Remix in the first box, and Factory Team in the second box.

Other things I've noticed, is it spelled "Beleive" or "Believe" on A2, and "Its" or "It's" on B1?

Cheers mate :)

User avatar
Ornette
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:25 pm
Location: S.E. London

Post by Ornette » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:53 pm

Here's some Discog questions

How do I increase my 'rank'? Wanted to rate a tune today, but was told I needed a rank of '5' or above.

And how the hell do you change your password????????????111 discogs iz gay mofo!!!!!! lmao
:gay: :gay: :gay: :roll:

User avatar
Purity Control
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 2573
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:16 pm
Location: From the MOON

Post by Purity Control » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:23 pm

Ornette wrote:How do I increase my 'rank'? Wanted to rate a tune today, but was told I needed a rank of '5' or above.
By contributing to the database in any possible manner. Easiest way to do so is to add comments or images, each one you add that gets accepted adds one point to your rank. Like everything else on the site though there are guidelines for both, check this page for the comment rules and this page for the image rules.
Ornette wrote:And how the hell do you change your password????????????111 discogs iz gay mofo!!!!!! lmao
:gay: :gay: :gay: :roll:
Once you're logged in, go to this page and scroll down. You'l be asked to input your current password once, and the password you'd like to change it to twice. Then click [Change Password]. Just that simple!

User avatar
Bloodyfist
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1805
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:36 pm
Location: Bolton

Post by Bloodyfist » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:23 pm

Purity Control wrote:There's a box at the very bottom of your sub called "moderator notes", just type anything that you or the mods might find odd about this release, if there's nothing strange just write something along the lines of "New release submission, nothing out of the ordinary here". Some folks try to get around it by typing something completely random in that box like "ABCD" or "1234" but if you do that it might get NO-voted, so always best to just type a few words explaining what you're doing.

Also, just taking a look at it, on the A1 track you're gonna need to put a credit in the extra artist column, click the [+] button there and enter in Remix in the first box, and Factory Team in the second box.

Other things I've noticed, is it spelled "Beleive" or "Believe" on A2, and "Its" or "It's" on B1?

Cheers mate :)
Sorted, i've corrected spelling mistakes. Thanks for the heads up PC :)

User avatar
Ornette
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:25 pm
Location: S.E. London

Post by Ornette » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:41 pm

Purity Control wrote:Once you're logged in, go to this page and scroll down. You'l be asked to input your current password once, and the password you'd like to change it to twice. Then click [Change Password]. Just that simple!
Thanks... But I have to say, was it always there? I remember a while back I was trying in vain to find a means to change my password, and could not see it anywhere. I think I gave up, reasoning that it was probably some kind of 'advanced feature' reserved for paying members :?

Or maybe does it have anything to do with me making use of Discogs lately? do old inactive accounts have their controls disabled or something?? :?

Locked