Need your shit sorted at Discogs? Post here

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
safe
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by safe » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:39 pm

RenegadeGenius wrote:
safe wrote:
RenegadeGenius wrote: I only heard a couple of clips that were on an ebay auction (and got the rest of the info from the seller) - from the clips, it sounded like it had been sped up a fair bit - no idea if thats how its on the vinyl or just how the seller recorded it.
Here's the orig link for the auction (went for silly money too!!):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0044580509
interesting. the seller's no longer a registered user, so i wondered if the whole thing wasn't a hoax. i notice the winning bidder has left very positive feedback, though.
Yep, they did leave each other good feedback - wasn't instant though like some dodgy ones are - did take a good week or so (yep, I was keeping an eye on it to see what the buyer had to say).
When I was asking the seller questions, they seemed friendly enough & answered everything - I did tell them it was a bootleg though, but they didn't update the listing - hence my putting it on discogs so people know.
Part 1 wasn't the rare version either - just the normal one.
if they have actually pressed up a few, and it's not a vinyl dub or something, we'll probably see them slowly filter onto ebay. really, it's about time someone bootlegged that "part four".

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:41 pm

safe wrote:
RenegadeGenius wrote:
safe wrote: interesting. the seller's no longer a registered user, so i wondered if the whole thing wasn't a hoax. i notice the winning bidder has left very positive feedback, though.
Yep, they did leave each other good feedback - wasn't instant though like some dodgy ones are - did take a good week or so (yep, I was keeping an eye on it to see what the buyer had to say).
When I was asking the seller questions, they seemed friendly enough & answered everything - I did tell them it was a bootleg though, but they didn't update the listing - hence my putting it on discogs so people know.
Part 1 wasn't the rare version either - just the normal one.
if they have actually pressed up a few, and it's not a vinyl dub or something, we'll probably see them slowly filter onto ebay. really, it's about time someone bootlegged that "part four".
I sold all my 10" copies ages ago (unfortunately b4 it started selling for silly money) as didn't think it was all that.
There was another release with 'part 4' on it : http://www.discogs.com/release/530168
I know the quality on that release is excellent.

safe

Post by safe » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:44 pm

RenegadeGenius wrote:I sold all my 10" copies ages ago (unfortunately b4 it started selling for silly money) as didn't think it was all that.
There was another release with 'part 4' on it : http://www.discogs.com/release/530168
I know the quality on that release is excellent.
i actually have that release, and yeah, the sound quality is great. ;)

somatic
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by somatic » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:06 pm

Just this one still http://www.discogs.com/release/814164

You said about putting the tracklisting the same as on the sticker but the sticker is out of order, the correct tracklisting i put is as it appears on the vinyl

nebkins
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by nebkins » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:48 pm

Got a couple here

http://www.discogs.com/pending?user=nebkins_sales

and have at least another 100 to add to discogs but i will alternate between this and my other account
:D

oz
He never locked his car door

Post by oz » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:46 pm

Da_Tilt
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Da_Tilt » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:57 pm

Not my submissions, but I want finally c those thru (pending for months):

http://www.discogs.com/release/766346
http://www.discogs.com/release/774936

Devious Dame

Post by Devious Dame » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:47 pm

nebkins
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by nebkins » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:48 pm

http://www.discogs.com/pending?user=nebkins

Gonna be submitting about 150-200 bids in the next few weeks

Bloodyfist
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Bloodyfist » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:28 pm

Just got a message saying 'Modnotes are required for this type of submission (minimum 4 characters)'. How come it won't let me submit this release?

http://www.discogs.com/release/853221

Ok Mr purity, what am i doing wrong mate :)

Purity Control
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Purity Control » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:20 pm

There's a box at the very bottom of your sub called "moderator notes", just type anything that you or the mods might find odd about this release, if there's nothing strange just write something along the lines of "New release submission, nothing out of the ordinary here". Some folks try to get around it by typing something completely random in that box like "ABCD" or "1234" but if you do that it might get NO-voted, so always best to just type a few words explaining what you're doing.

Also, just taking a look at it, on the A1 track you're gonna need to put a credit in the extra artist column, click the [+] button there and enter in Remix in the first box, and Factory Team in the second box.

Other things I've noticed, is it spelled "Beleive" or "Believe" on A2, and "Its" or "It's" on B1?

Cheers mate :)

Ornette
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Ornette » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:53 pm

Here's some Discog questions

How do I increase my 'rank'? Wanted to rate a tune today, but was told I needed a rank of '5' or above.

And how the hell do you change your password????????????111 discogs iz gay mofo!!!!!! lmao
:gay: :gay: :gay: :roll:

Purity Control
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Purity Control » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:23 pm

Ornette wrote:How do I increase my 'rank'? Wanted to rate a tune today, but was told I needed a rank of '5' or above.
By contributing to the database in any possible manner. Easiest way to do so is to add comments or images, each one you add that gets accepted adds one point to your rank. Like everything else on the site though there are guidelines for both, check this page for the comment rules and this page for the image rules.
Ornette wrote:And how the hell do you change your password????????????111 discogs iz gay mofo!!!!!! lmao
:gay: :gay: :gay: :roll:
Once you're logged in, go to this page and scroll down. You'l be asked to input your current password once, and the password you'd like to change it to twice. Then click [Change Password]. Just that simple!

Bloodyfist
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Bloodyfist » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:23 pm

Purity Control wrote:There's a box at the very bottom of your sub called "moderator notes", just type anything that you or the mods might find odd about this release, if there's nothing strange just write something along the lines of "New release submission, nothing out of the ordinary here". Some folks try to get around it by typing something completely random in that box like "ABCD" or "1234" but if you do that it might get NO-voted, so always best to just type a few words explaining what you're doing.

Also, just taking a look at it, on the A1 track you're gonna need to put a credit in the extra artist column, click the [+] button there and enter in Remix in the first box, and Factory Team in the second box.

Other things I've noticed, is it spelled "Beleive" or "Believe" on A2, and "Its" or "It's" on B1?

Cheers mate :)
Sorted, i've corrected spelling mistakes. Thanks for the heads up PC :)

Ornette
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Ornette » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:41 pm

Purity Control wrote:Once you're logged in, go to this page and scroll down. You'l be asked to input your current password once, and the password you'd like to change it to twice. Then click [Change Password]. Just that simple!
Thanks... But I have to say, was it always there? I remember a while back I was trying in vain to find a means to change my password, and could not see it anywhere. I think I gave up, reasoning that it was probably some kind of 'advanced feature' reserved for paying members :?

Or maybe does it have anything to do with me making use of Discogs lately? do old inactive accounts have their controls disabled or something?? :?