Production at events

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
DJ ABO
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Production at events

Post by DJ ABO » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:39 pm

So which event(s) back in the day had the best production? Lazers,sound, stage etc.

How does it compare to today's raves or festivals? I've always felt very underwhelmed at the lack of decent production at old skool events. Fantazia Stoke on trend a few years back had some decent lazers though.

I've seen on YouTube some top lazers at Swedish House Mafia Mk.

Bitd when reading the flyer, the line up of lights and sound was nearly as important as the DJ/MC line up lol Argon lazers, terror strobes, parcans \o/

phil
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Re: Production at events

Post by phil » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:45 am

Our Let Go events have top lighting and sound systems
Attachments
let-go.jpg

phil
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by phil » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:47 am

btw I always liked world dance with production although I do remember one event where the sound stacks wernt set up right

DJ ABO

Post by DJ ABO » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:47 am

That looks pukka Phil, yeah World Dance's production always looked the business!!

dreamweave
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dreamweave » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:27 pm

The best production I have ever seen was at Hard Bass in Holland last year. 30,000 passionate ravers packed into a football stadium! Booming sound system that was crystal clear, with the speaker stacks lowered to almost touching point above the crowd. Enough lazers to bring down the starship enterprise and an overall production that likely took a year to plan. Beats anything I have seen in the UK at all. It may not be to everyone's taste music wise but they certainly know how to put on events on the continent and one thing that did surprise me, hardly any security and how up for it everyone was. Qlimax this Saturday should be a show stopper, held at the same venue had Hard Bass....

DJ Chance
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by DJ Chance » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:47 pm

I took little interest in lazers or MC's BITD. Lazers and Lights always seem to be pretty good to me!!!

Liberty @ Bowes always had some decent lazers for a small venue.

deebom
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by deebom » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:17 pm

I remember Camden palace being stunning, as was Equinox. Hippodrome too, but these were clubs with permanent light and sound systems. Elevation must have been good, but I really cant remember, it certainly did the job as we went back again and again. Astoria was good, as was the Sanctuary? AWOL had the killer sound system, cant remember about lights there either. Even small places like Shaftsburys and Ealing Boulevard were good, or am I just being misty eyed and letting nostalgia get the better of me?