Fusion This Saturday

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
dial1
Regular
Regular

Re: Fusion This Saturday

Post by dial1 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:22 pm

Oh gosh. Heard this out at a few weeks at a proper techno night a few weeks ago (hur dur) and it blew the place apart. classic hardcore. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8IyZMJKlvI

Thrash
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Thrash » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:44 pm

dreamweave wrote:
Thrash wrote:That video of the Firestation looks embarrassing, I've been to better weddings.

Is that how many people turn up? Looks empty?
I think every one has sold out so far and the main room can hold 800.
Is that video early on then?

Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Richruffcut » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:03 pm

Thrash wrote:
dreamweave wrote:
Thrash wrote:That video of the Firestation looks embarrassing, I've been to better weddings.

Is that how many people turn up? Looks empty?
I think every one has sold out so far and the main room can hold 800.
Is that video early on then?
SY was the first set last time i think. This is probably a better idea of how busy it gets

https://www.facebook.com/FusionHectic/p ... =3&theater

But these are nothing like the old ones where you had a few thousand people, the Firestation is very small. I don't think its the event for most people on here to be fair but still good fun

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:10 pm

Its not that small, 1200 capacity one of the bigger clubs in town! Totally agree they are nothing like the old ones though, in those days 9 out of 10 people would be mashup and its probably the opposite now. Its a great atmosphere in there though, this will be the fourth one. It does get busy but nothing like when someone like Andy C is playing.

I used to go to all the Fusions at Rhythm Station and Farnborough Rec so its kinda cool that these are so close, just hope theres some decent Hardcore being played!

pineappletribe
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by pineappletribe » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:02 am

rage wrote:I used to go to all the Fusions at Rhythm Station and Farnborough Rec so its kinda cool that these are so close, just hope theres some decent Hardcore being played!
I walked past that venue location on Tuesday funnily enough and had a little reminisce... Our offices are literally around the corner from there @ Royal Pavilion, Aldershot. I rarely venture in to town though. Tbh Aldershot town centre has not changed since the 90's - I would say 80's but Fosters Menswear closed down so I guess they moved slightly in to the next decade :biggrin: :lol:

Had some cracking nights at the Rhythm Station!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.24848 ... 312!8i6656

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:38 pm

Yeah I lived in Fleet so just down the road. I go way back with that place, it used to be a cinema and I remember going there as a child to watch Jungle Book (how ironic) then when we were 14-15 we used to go to nights called Pambalwood Ball, these were great nights full of private school girls so all sorts went down in there! A couple of years later in 93 I went to the first of many raves there, remember it was DJ Fallout who was wicked. I heard that its reopening soon?

They've published the lineup, Easygroove is sick :'(

MAIN ARENA SET TIMES

08:30 D-ICE & REALITY WITH MC LIXXY
09:30 VINYLGROOVER & MC LIVELEE
10:15 MARK EG WITH MC SHARKEY
11:00 DRUID & SHARKEY
11:45 PHANTASY WITH SKIBADEE & SHABBA & HARRY SHOTTA
12:45 DOUGAL B2B SHARKEY WITH MC MARLEY
02:00 DJ SY WITH MC MARLEY
03:00 SLIPMATT & CHARLIE B
03:45 VIBES & LIVELEE

Sadly Easygroove is unwell awaiting surgery, we wish him our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I cant see anyone there playing 92, sigh. Sure it'll be a great nite anyway, meet up at Inferno beforehand anyone? Planning on getting to town for 9 ish so have a pint or two then head in :)

dreamweave
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dreamweave » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:27 am

Gutted Easygroove isn't going to be there, he is the one Dj of the night that I really wanted to see. Slipmatt said he's doing a 92-96 set but as he is on so late will imagine he will get into 95 hardcore quite quickly to keep the crowd going. JJ Frost is in the second room doing a Jungle set, shame he's not in the main room doing oldskool. Not too fussed about Mark EG so will be getting in there for about ten or half past I think. Will be interesting to see at midnight how 800 hardcore ravers are going to leave the main room to make way for a DnB set!

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:41 pm

I think Phantasy is playing an old skool set. Will be 90s Jungle I'd imagine, same tempo but different style, reckon it'll go down a treat!

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:00 pm

rage wrote:I think Phantasy is playing an old skool set. Will be 90s Jungle I'd imagine, same tempo but different style, reckon it'll go down a treat!
Last time I saw him play at an Oldskool event he was playing "Shake ur body"!

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:05 pm

I think he'll rock the place, he did at that One Dance festival in Streatham in Summer! Stuff like Junglist, Bambaata, Night Flight etc.. DnB is massive in Bournemouth so if he plays that kinda stuff he should tear it up. Love Mr Phantasy he's a legend!

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:18 am

Just rolled in. Amazing rave! Randall last set was the highlight, smashed it! Hope you all enjoyed yourselves :)

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:59 am

Good night then, rage/people?

Who smashed it and who didn't? Atmosphere was like? How busy was it? When's the next one?

Traffic Cone
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by Traffic Cone » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:48 pm

i really enjoyed it too, everything i was hoping for :)

Mark EG was amazing. He was playing exactly what i hoped - all mid 90s hardtrance. Quite a few I recognise but don't know the names for. I've always liked that stuff but really got into it a lot more the past year or two. And I've never heard it at a rave - so that was great. And it's fun watching him too of course! And right after was Druid - also exactly as I hoped, lots of mid 90s Dutch stuff, Toytown, Smile Fuck Up - including a couple of slightly more obscure tunes which was nice too!

Phantasy started with some jungle anthems - that and the presence of three MCs made me give it a miss. I think he moved onto more 90s d&b too when i popped back in briefly.

After that it was all happy hardcore, really. Slipmatt started with Outer Space and Edge 1, at which point I went outside for a bit :lol: and when I came back he'd moved onto happy. Dougal did play a couple of 93 tunes like Crowd Control and Music's So Wonderful though, and a few 94 anthems. Sadly no Easygroove which was disappointing (he was ill apparently.)

Oh and Vibes was, as expected, a mixed bag :lol: Some new stuff, Hold Me Now and Children of the Night...one Spanish makina tune, and one i really wasn't expecting - an obscure, dreadful Scottish happy remix of R Kelly "i believe i can fly" from the late 90s which I've never heard anywhere other than terrible Glasgow pirates :lol: wouldn't be Vibes if there wasn't at least one or two questionable tunes.

The only point I went upstairs was when Sy played Heart of Gold :lol: I just can't. Went upstairs and I think Randall was on - but the tune playing was some 90s d&b thing that didn't grab me.

Some 92-93 probably would have been cool, for more balance - but as it happened it suited me fine. Decent atmosphere too, and I like the club! Although I do think setting off the fire alarm at the end to get everyone out was a bit odd :biggrin:

Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Richruffcut » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:28 pm

I had a good time it was great being out with raving mates again and good to see people i haven't seen since school, very freaky at times lots of double takes. For me the music was not great way too much mid to late happy but that's what the people want and no one wants to clear the floor. Good fun and happy people.

dreamweave
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dreamweave » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:14 pm

Really enjoyed myself, although was surprised to hear some 2004 is more upfront stuff in the main room when I get in and I think vinylgroover was playing. Crowd was great and left around 3am. Hope the next Fusion they book someone like Ellis Dee again who will play some earlier stuff. Great night though.