Name me an anniversary of a rave that makes you...

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Name me an anniversary of a rave that makes you...

Post by Restless » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:19 pm

Happy/Sad/Other when you see the flyer for it around the time it happened but in the here and now?

I think when I see Pure X/Hysteria flyers from '95 I smile but also get a bit sad.

I was only a kid back then, but picking up the flyers for those events and buying the tape packs for them, and seeing what's on offer now, I think "Wish I was just a few years older back then..." Also makes me sad because time really does fly! And also because now is just shockingly poor for indoor events of the same, well, similar, genre.

dj jedi

Re: Name me an anniversary of a rave that makes you...

Post by dj jedi » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:43 pm

I always remember/acknowledge the anniversary of Fantazia Summertime. I didn't go but I remember the build up to it and the night it was on. Probably the peak of the rave era IMO, by all accounts it was the best rave ever.

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:25 am

None personally in your time that you went to, Jedi?

smeagol
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by smeagol » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:57 pm

FantaZia at littlecote was the best
Went with a few mates a and few birds
The music and atmosphere that night was outstanding , I know the tent thing was shite , but he music was killing it.
I've spent several New Years evenings imaging I was doing it again , listening to a few tapes watching the dvd then spinning some choons from the night , think I have 99% of the enter nights choons on vinyl!! Saddo

Sparki
New User
New User

Post by Sparki » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Epidemik 20th birthday on Sat night just gone 26th Sep at Club Fire.

I'm only 28 so although I have been to some big ish events this one topped the lot. I saw all the acts I wanted to in main room, room 2 and 3. Ok its not an outdoor rave but the vibe was like one, I travelled up with my mates who were doing their slot at 4.30am in room 3. First went up on the train to see them then we went on from there in Kent with two of their other friends, had the tunes going and drink flowing. We went I think over Vauxhall bridge along the way and was cheering and whooping at some women doing a sponsored walk for breast cancer there we was leaning out of the car bibbing the horn playing happy hardcore and willing them on think it made their night. Anyway we finally got there, went in and set up. I loved the look of Club Fire, proper tunnels with trains going over the top proper sweat dripping off the ceiling feel. Soons the rooms started the music it was go from there! I saw Vinyl Vera play alongside a live electric violinist called Rebecca Waller now that was fantastic! sounds odd but works so well! also saw the likes of Krome & Time, Ratpack, Ragga Twins, Billy Bunter, DJ Vibes the list goes on. The ravers there were of all ages! and I didnt get those stuffy old farts who ask me why Im at a rave at my young age! lots of plur at this event and I'll def be going to some of their events again.

Didn't finish till 7am! was on that dancefloor for 9 hours and was in the DJ booth in room 3 with my friends looking out on the crowd I really enjoyed myself. Like I say I bet its nowt like the vibes back in early 90s but I guess it could be because all those that raved back then were there! even "fur coat man" :) who apparently is a legendary figure. This is the first Epidemik I've been too and my god was it the best!.

jimee
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by jimee » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:35 pm

Fantazia Summertime is one, I remember DJ Faydz did a 15 year aniversary mix, scary thing is that was 8 years ago now!!

I was 20 years since Dreamscape 20 earlier this month! Time does fly!!

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:35 pm

jimee wrote:Fantazia Summertime is one, I remember DJ Faydz did a 15 year aniversary mix, scary thing is that was 8 years ago now!!

I was 20 years since Dreamscape 20 earlier this month! Time does fly!!
Jimee! I've actually had the first part on this morning and got the second part on now!

Damn, Faydz is good. 2007 is a lifetime ago, man! Jeez.