Big bad bass

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Big bad bass

Post by Richruffcut » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:26 pm

What is the most bass heavy tune you have ever heard out on a big system at a rave, club, party, car, whatever and where did you hear it and how did it feel?

Out of all the different styles over the years for me it has got to be a late 90s hardcore tune (Rubbish it was) that ripped off Mr Oizo flat beat. It was in a small club called the manor and ive never heard/felt bass like it before or since. Proper loss of vision stuff:)

How about you?

lien
B2VOS VIP 2011
B2VOS VIP 2011

Re: Big bad bass

Post by lien » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:06 pm

Energy Flash or On A Rubbish Tip tho I think it might have been the state I was in more to the point!

dreamweave
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dreamweave » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:09 pm

Helicopter tune at the Sanctuary in the Rollers at the last Slammin Vinyl. Never heard bass like that before.

Thrash
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Thrash » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:01 pm

Grooverider knackered my left eardrum playing Cloud 9 - You Got Me Burnin' at Tribal Gathering. It's vibrated ever since whenever listening to really loud bass on a proper system, which is annoying.

Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Richruffcut » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:06 pm

lien wrote:Energy Flash or On A Rubbish Tip tho I think it might have been the state I was in more to the point!
Yeah Energy Flash bet that sounds amazing on a big sound system! Never heard it out before, not quite old enough to go raving at the time when it was being played

Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Richruffcut » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:13 pm

Thrash wrote:Grooverider knackered my left eardrum playing Cloud 9 - You Got Me Burnin' at Tribal Gathering. It's vibrated ever since whenever listening to really loud bass on a proper system, which is annoying.
Jeez Thrash that is annoying. Was it a fat system at Tribal Gathering?

Thrash
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Thrash » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:57 pm

Richruffcut wrote:Jeez Thrash that is annoying. Was it a fat system at Tribal Gathering?
Best system I heard at a rave, though people I know who went to Fantazia 'Showcase' reckon' that was best / loudest they ever heard.

Remember on the way home discussing how my inner ear started rattling during Riders set, didn't know at that point it would happen again almost every time I went out to a big event.

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:07 am

The most rib shattering bass I've ever heard was the bassline of SUAD "Raving I'm Raving" at Raindance @ The Drome in about 2000.

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:10 am

Richruffcut wrote:Out of all the different styles over the years for me it has got to be a late 90s hardcore tune (Rubbish it was) that ripped off Mr Oizo flat beat. It was in a small club called the manor and ive never heard/felt bass like it before or since.
Haha I was probably there that night too. It was this:

http://www.discogs.com/DJ-Frantic-Joini ... ase/159554

Ric
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by Ric » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:45 pm

AWOL.. Late 92 or early 93. What tune? All of them, my trousers were flapping about with the bass. At least I think this was happening - it was a Snowball night so who the fuck knows what was going on.

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:29 pm

"Pulp Fiction" @ The Q Club. Insane!

Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Richruffcut » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:09 pm

dj jedi wrote:
Haha I was probably there that night too. It was this:

http://www.discogs.com/DJ-Frantic-Joini ... ase/159554
Yeah mate that's the one. A good friend of mine owns that tune and a couple of years ago i borrowed it off him to see what it sounded like. Lets just say it was nothing like the bass in that club that night.

The bass on that tune is truly unbelievable. Not sure if the original sounds like that or if it was tweaked in some way but i will never forget it

otbiz
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by otbiz » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:29 pm

Ric wrote:AWOL.. Late 92 or early 93. What tune? All of them, my trousers were flapping about with the bass. At least I think this was happening - it was a Snowball night so who the fcuk knows what was going on.
Hahah! Snap mate [emoji12]

Traffic Cone
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by Traffic Cone » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:26 pm

This tune:

played at a Life4Land party somewhere in Hackney a few years back. I mean really it was a lot of what they were playing, super loud modern jungle with lots of sub bass but that tune in particular stands out, I remember it feeling like I was being kicked in the chest, very visceral.

though i will say i have sometimes found the super-loud no restrictions sound at illegals just so loud it's not totally pleasant :D

Fizza
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Fizza » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:42 am

Ric wrote:AWOL.. Late 92 or early 93. What tune? All of them, my trousers were flapping about with the bass. At least I think this was happening - it was a Snowball night so who the fcuk knows what was going on.
LOL, to quote the mighty GQ; "pump it up a little bit louder, I want to feel the bassline in my trouser." I take it he must have been looking at yours at the time when he thought up that lyric? ;)

The most memorable bass isn't inside, it was about half a mile away from the main arena in the parking lot at World Dance and hearing, no, feeling the bassline of Dred Bass feel like an earthquake rumbling through the ground from that distance. Quite amazing. But I've mentioned to a few about how the bass in the kicks and sub would literally feel like someone was pounding on your chest.