Tracking down tracks for new DJ Sy CD

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Daniel Bunter
Regular
Regular

Re: Tracking down tracks for new DJ Sy CD

Post by Daniel Bunter » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:02 pm

They always have the crowd in the palm of their hand ...

And to be fair (and not being biased because they are my friends). This summer we have been all over the UK and Europe at Festivals, clubs and big raves together and they have ton's of new music they are playing out from their new album. I've just done a reggae track with them with The Ragga Twins and King Yoof ..

Ev is close to 60 and gives every performance 110% and Mark is a talented music man who spends every hour in the studio ...

They are unique and loved by many people .... Your never gonna get them playing track 3 on the B Side of the rarest white label ... That's why I book the likes of Jerome Hill to perform on our stages at the Festivals ..

They are a credit to the music, and keep the essence and spirit of what they have always been about alive!!!

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:03 pm

Yeah right. They were out of touch years ago.

I don't pay good money to go and hear a Breaks remix of Kings Of Leon at an OLDSKOOL NIGHT.

I'm not expecting b-sides, just not expecting RB remixes of "Born Slippy" etc.

lien
B2VOS VIP 2011
B2VOS VIP 2011

Post by lien » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Daniel Bunter wrote:They are a credit to the music, and keep the essence and spirit of what they have always been about alive!!!
I will defend the Ratpack as I have done so many times over the years on this forum. Always enjoyed their sets when ever I have been out. You know what your going to get. They have even taken the time out to do the boat party, after party before. Legends in my eyes & deserve the status they have....... I know! Just de-friend me! Oh! :p

Daniel Bunter
Regular
Regular

Post by Daniel Bunter » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Spot on Lien ...

We all like different things ...

No one's holding a gun to any one's head and making them go to an event with Rat Pack on .. There is ton's of underground old skool events out there alive and kicking where you don't get a single anthem played.

They performed to 20 000 people on the same stage as Goldie at the weekend for Boom Town .. Far from an achievement of an act who lost it years ago!! ... They are alive, kicking, full of energy, and ensuring that new generations get a taste of exactly what they was doing in their days of 88 to 92!!! .. Now that, is keeping the spirit alive!!!

lien
B2VOS VIP 2011
B2VOS VIP 2011

Post by lien » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:09 pm

Daniel Bunter wrote:We all like different things ...
Agree 100% you're never going to keep everyone happy & if its working for you..... just keep doing it.

& thats why I masturbate over web cams for money! Hit me up if you need details! :p

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:29 pm

PM sent

DJ Chance
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by DJ Chance » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:32 pm

lien wrote:
Daniel Bunter wrote:We all like different things ...
Agree 100% you're never going to keep everyone happy & if its working for you..... just keep doing it.

& thats why I masturbate over web cams for money! Hit me up if you need details! :p
So that's why you had your hair cut off!

Agree with you both Neil and Dan. I remember BITD Ratpack played at Roller Express and it was top top notch from an underground point of view. If they turned up and played a set like that these days, there 'fans' would not know what has gone on. Not my cup of tea, but as we have said before on here, us trainspotters/chin strokers are not the crowd they are aimed at.

lien
B2VOS VIP 2011
B2VOS VIP 2011

Post by lien » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:49 pm

DJ Chance wrote:So that's why you had your hair cut off!
Washing out bollock yoghurt took its toll! I'll say no more. :badgrin:
DJ Chance wrote:...but as we have said before on here, us trainspotters/chin strokers are not the crowd they are aimed at.
Its not trainspotting...... Its "socially acceptable stamp collecting"... just saying ;)

eazyflow
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by eazyflow » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:49 pm

I always thought it was common knowledge that Ron was behind Structural Damage...

That production is classic Jack Smooth :D

DJ Chance
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by DJ Chance » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:56 pm

lien wrote:
DJ Chance wrote:So that's why you had your hair cut off!
Washing out bollock yoghurt took its toll! I'll say no more. :badgrin:
DJ Chance wrote:...but as we have said before on here, us trainspotters/chin strokers are not the crowd they are aimed at.
Its not trainspotting...... Its "socially acceptable stamp collecting"... just saying ;)
Made I Chuckle :)

lien
B2VOS VIP 2011
B2VOS VIP 2011

Post by lien » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:33 pm

DJ Chance wrote:Made I Chuckle :)
"I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?" ;)

RonWellsJS
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by RonWellsJS » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:44 am

lien wrote:
DJ Chance wrote:Made I Chuckle :)
"I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?" ;)
Oh yes, now there's a piece of movie magic history - the epitome of evil!

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.

;-)

lien
B2VOS VIP 2011
B2VOS VIP 2011

Post by lien » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:50 am

RonWellsJS wrote:Oh yes, now there's a piece of movie magic history - the epitome of evil!
Non-scripted too. Thats what makes it even better. Joe & Ray just did it while they were in character.

dj_yt
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dj_yt » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:23 am

There are more underground oldskool nights now than ever!

Ratpack/Moondance... whatever you may think of them - they simply provide a nice entry point into the scene. I doubt many newbies would fall in love with 1992 era rave after picking up an obscure white label with an 8-bit Mentasm sample on it or whatever. Much as we might rave about it on here!!

Traffic Cone
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by Traffic Cone » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:09 pm

Restless wrote: I'm not expecting b-sides, just not expecting RB remixes of "Born Slippy" etc.
in fairness isn't that what the Ratpack have been playing for years? i remember seeing them empty the first of the modern era Fantazias playing that stuff. i was only watching them because the queue to see Bass Generator in the other area was ridiculous. i think that was the first time i heard that in full effect. and that was almost ten years ago.

i think it's what they're known for to their crowd though. (they only emptied that one cos it was in Glasgow) i don't think you could be as popular as they are by playing the same old anthems.

(as an aside i thought "rave breaks" was just specifically breaks remixes of oldskool tunes? do breaks remixes of, say, 90s club anthems fall under that heading too? personally for me they fall under the genre of "music i will never voluntarily listen to" but i understand that's subjective :biggrin: )