Tracking down tracks for new DJ Sy CD

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
ian saunders remix
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Re: Tracking down tracks for new DJ Sy CD

Post by ian saunders remix » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:24 pm

Also Nick Curson (Skeme) & Neil Francis (Kick) from DSKF are on FB - Nick Curson has got shades on and a red shirt. Neil Francis is on a wake board.

Daniel Bunter
Regular
Regular

Post by Daniel Bunter » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:18 pm

Thank you all ...

This is really going to help me in the morning ...

Ron have you got an email I can get in touch with you on ...

For those interested .. The Sy CD will be crammed full of rarities and forgotten dancefloor gems from 92 to 94.

Uncle Dugs CD is available still ... http://musicmondays.co.uk/cd/mmcd007

Once again thank you all ...

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:54 pm

Sounds good. Would be interested in a download, haven't bought a CD in 15 years!

Adam Timeless
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by Adam Timeless » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:35 pm

Its refreshing to see that some of the big name DJ's are still making the effort to dig deep rather than force feeding the people the same old anthems or 'Nu Skool' rehashes of the same anthems. From the T/L supplied this looks wicked and I'll definately make a point of checking out one of Sy's DJ sets!

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:41 pm

He always plays Happy Hardcore whenever I've seen him over the last few years. I'm always hoping he will go back to 92 but he never seems to :(

Adam Timeless

Post by Adam Timeless » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:51 pm

I saw him at an Epidemik at M.O.S which was probably about 8 years ago or so and he dug deep with a good 92 set (played tracks such as A-Sides 'Brothers In Arms', a couple of F-Project's (Mega 1 and Fourth Dimension) off the top of my head. I think the biggest/anthem'y type tune he played was 'Dub War' which is fine with me. Not really heard him since then - caught snippets of him at Dreamscape/ Fantazia and it was H.H so I swerved it.

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:42 pm

I'd love to hear him play stuff like Brothers In Arms out! His early sets are how I know and love that track :D

RonWellsJS
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by RonWellsJS » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:47 am

Daniel Bunter wrote:
Ron have you got an email I can get in touch with you on ...
firstname.lastname at fastfloor dot net

(there's no need for contracts, you already have my blessing to use it)

thumbzo
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by thumbzo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:53 am

Adam Timeless wrote:Its refreshing to see that some of the big name DJ's are still making the effort to dig deep rather than force feeding the people the same old anthems or 'Nu Skool' rehashes of the same anthems. From the T/L supplied this looks wicked and I'll definately make a point of checking out one of Sy's DJ sets!
If these people played sets like these out instead of the same old boring bollocks Old School raves might actually be good

Daniel Bunter
Regular
Regular

Post by Daniel Bunter » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:56 am

Thank you Ron ...

Will message now .. There is a few more bit's Sy would like to use from you.

I would urge some of you to come to one of our Journey of all Journey or Acid Nights ... You may be pleasantly surprised!!

Adam Timeless

Post by Adam Timeless » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:39 pm

thumbzo wrote:
Adam Timeless wrote:Its refreshing to see that some of the big name DJ's are still making the effort to dig deep rather than force feeding the people the same old anthems or 'Nu Skool' rehashes of the same anthems. From the T/L supplied this looks wicked and I'll definately make a point of checking out one of Sy's DJ sets!
If these people played sets like these out instead of the same old boring bollocks Old School raves might actually be good
I think its a case of booking the DJ's directly over the phone and specifying what sort of stuff you want them to play and then hope they come through on the night. Maybe thats something smaller promotions do rather than big events!?! There are some good nights about still where the dj's come through.

Daniel Bunter
Regular
Regular

Post by Daniel Bunter » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:00 pm

In a nut shell.

Event's like Moondance happen twice a year ... It's mainly 45 minute set's. My job is to entertain a big 1500 people room, so it's much more anthemic, and that's the vibe of the night. A load of 40+ year olds who can only get a baby sitter from time to time and re live the buzz of Camden Palace in it's hey day. For many it's their only rave all year. A fair few younger generation come who are feeling the hands in the air vibe for the 1st time.

I do about 15 / 20 festivals a year completely different vibe. I play every thing from reggae to hard dance, acid house to old skool. Happy Hardcore to Jungle and lot's of upfront music be it breaks, D & B, house ... a vary varied audience, especially if they are family events like camp Bestival ...

I have 100's of small promoters all over the UK and world who book me for a whole variety of music from the past 25 years.

My radio shows, releases and own events Is my chance to dig as deep or be as commercial as I like in rave music's history.

In a nut shell ... I play Moondance 90 minutes a year ... And love every minute of playing all the big tunes ... Just as much as playing a 4 hour underground acid set to 300 people at one of my own events with music people didn't realise even existed!!!

Would some of you believe me if I told you I didn't listen to Sonz of a Loop da Loop on repeat 24 / 7 ...

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:18 pm

Fair play, Bill!

I do rate your Kool shows very highly. But playing Rave-Breaks at an Oldskool event is what winds people up!

Daniel Bunter
Regular
Regular

Post by Daniel Bunter » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:30 pm

Rave Breaks ... Wasn't that something that happened almost 10 years ago .. ???

I can barely remember it existing .. let alone playing sets of it in the year 2015 ...

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:47 pm

Tell that to Lipmaster...