Tracking down tracks for new DJ Sy CD

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Daniel Bunter
Regular
Regular

Tracking down tracks for new DJ Sy CD

Post by Daniel Bunter » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:05 am

Greetings All ....

I've licensed 40 to 50 of the tracks Sy has requested so far ...

However ... I'm hoping some of you may be able to help me in locating the artists/labels of the following for an upcoming DJ Sy CD I'm releasing ..

Thank you in advance ... Tracks as follows ....

Sound Engineer - Steppin' In & Out Of My Shadow (Great Asset Recordings)

Vital Organs EP - Free Again (white VIT 001)

DJ DD Hass - Hi-Tec Muuusic (Underground Connection)

Naz - Started Again (786 Approved)

Lifeline - Let The Music (Clubsonic)

EQ - Drop The Bass (FX Records)

Structural Damage - Really Livin (Symphony Sounds Recs)

DSKF - New Science EP .... I would probably let you have a night of passion with me if you could unearth the original; artists of this one.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED ....

GMAN1992
Regular
Regular

Re: Tracking down tracks for new DJ Sy CD

Post by GMAN1992 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:01 am

Unfortunately can't help with the tracklist but must say this cd sounds interesting, love a good SY mix :) Tried to get a copy of the Uncle Dugs CD but the link didnt work- has this sold out now?

Elusive9T2
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Elusive9T2 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:14 am

Sound Engineer - Steppin' In & Out Of My Shadow (Great Asset Recordings)
Lifeline - Let The Music (Clubsonic)

Both were put out by great asset who went bust in 93
Sound engineer was made at brain studios, Bizzy B is about & may know who made it

This is by Justin Drake I think, he has a facebook, also wasn't this label something to do with nookie, both are contactable

DSKF - New Science EP .... I would probably let you have a night of passion with me if you could unearth the original; artists of this one.

On a youtube video there is a guy saying he did it, a possible contact
I know the ep was produced by Austin of suburban base, who has a facebook account
Skeme is a friend of one of my mates, I don't know him I'll message my mate over the weekend

RonWellsJS
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by RonWellsJS » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:32 pm

Elusive9T2 wrote:
This is by Justin Drake I think, he has a facebook, also wasn't this label something to do with nookie, both are contactable
Structural Damage is me, neither Justin or Nookie had anything to do with it, just use the track if you want, I'm not bothered.

Elusive9T2
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Elusive9T2 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:13 pm

RonWellsJS wrote:
Elusive9T2 wrote:
Structural Damage is me, neither Justin or Nookie had anything to do with it, just use the track if you want, I'm not bothered.
Wow awesome, one of my favourite tunes that, nice one, everyday is a school day :biggrin:
Sorry for the wrong information, it was just place to start with little info listed on the artists & labels from back then
I get leads on licencing tracks that turn out to be wrong quite alot

Is Pennywise by you too then?

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:16 pm

Always thought Really Livin sounded like a Jack Smooth track! One of my faves too, discogs needs correcting. Was Follow Your Leader as well? That's very similar in style and no ones been credited for it.

I would hazard a guess that was Nookie at the controls for Pennywise, sounds like his work.

lien
B2VOS VIP 2011
B2VOS VIP 2011

Post by lien » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:34 pm

RonWellsJS wrote:Structural Damage is me, neither Justin or Nookie had anything to do with it, just use the track if you want, I'm not bothered.
Fuck that, get a beer & a curry for it! ;)

Elusive9T2
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Elusive9T2 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:53 pm

I would definitely get myself credited for my work on discogs
There would be no cross wires if the right people were credited
No more than you deserve is it :D

Really livin really sounds like a hedgehog affair tune, probably why I like it so much

RonWellsJS
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by RonWellsJS » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:01 pm

rage wrote:Always thought Really Livin sounded like a Jack Smooth track! One of my faves too, discogs needs correcting. Was Follow Your Leader as well? That's very similar in style and no ones been credited for it.

I would hazard a guess that was Nookie at the controls for Pennywise, sounds like his work.
Follow your leader is also me, with Marvin Beaver, don't think pennywise has anything to do with me, would need to hear it to be sure.

digital delight
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by digital delight » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:58 pm

RonWellsJS wrote:
Elusive9T2 wrote:
I must say Ron that it's refreshing to hear somebody with that attitude these days regarding the use of their older compositions. Unlike alot of other oldskool artists being up their own arse and going so far as getting their tracks taken off YouTube etc. Kudos to you sir
Last edited by digital delight on Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Richruffcut » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:00 pm

I can't believe yet another top tune such as really livin is again by Ron, but it does make sense now.

So level headed considering the amount of quality he was involved in back then. (just use it) total respect

Elusive9T2
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Elusive9T2 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:15 pm

RonWellsJS wrote:
rage wrote:Always thought Really Livin sounded like a Jack Smooth track! One of my faves too, discogs needs correcting. Was Follow Your Leader as well? That's very similar in style and no ones been credited for it.

Follow your leader is also me, with Marvin Beaver, don't think pennywise has anything to do with me, would need to hear it to be sure.
The reason I asked it has virtually the same artist name as Really Livin I.E "Neuromancer Of Structural Damage"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vVUJVZmny8

The way the breaks are layered reminds me of urban hype's trip to trumpton

RonWellsJS
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by RonWellsJS » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:45 pm

digital delight wrote:
RonWellsJS wrote:
Elusive9T2 wrote:
I must say Ron that it's refreshing to hear somebody with that attitude these days regarding the use of their older compositions. Unlike alot of other oldskool artists being up their own arse and going so far as getting their tracks taken off YouTube etc. Kudos to you sir
I've always been appreciative of those who have supported and promoted me and I support the youtube channels.

What I do have a problem with is some of the loosers who sat in the studio doing nothing while I did everything that have managed to convince themselves that they actually made those tracks and even own them. As I've got older and wiser in business I've considerably toughened up over this. These people will do well to stay humble and pray that I don't ever release an autobiography.

;-)

;-)

digital delight
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by digital delight » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:17 pm

Lol. Well those particular "artists" might not appreciate it, but if you ever did an autobiography I reckon there's plenty of people who would buy it at the drop of a hat

ian saunders remix
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by ian saunders remix » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:14 pm

Daniel Bunter wrote:Greetings All ....

DJ DD Hass - Hi-Tec Muuusic (Underground Connection)

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED ....
This track was done with X-10-Civ (Colin Grainge) - Colin Grainge is on FB, he's friends with Remo Don.