fantazia summertime - easygroove

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
jamsco99
Regular
Regular

fantazia summertime - easygroove

Post by jamsco99 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:23 pm

why did he play two sets?
and did Ramjack only play 4 songs or was it just the four songs recorded?

Thrash
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Re: fantazia summertime - easygroove

Post by Thrash » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:56 am

He played 3 sets... A warm up around 10pm (which is the set most people know but didn't hear on the night), another set around 1am (after Donovan Smith & before DJ Phantasy) then set 3 before Ellis Dee in the morning.

No idea why Ramjack only played four tunes, maybe something to do with one deck jumping all over the place. Easygroove was around all night at the first few Fantazia events where he would fill in for any no shows or late DJ's.

oldskoolforever
He never locked his car door

Post by oldskoolforever » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:51 am

Thrash wrote:He played 3 sets... A warm up around 10pm (which is the set most people know but didn't hear on the night)

That was the set i heard whilst queuing to get in !

EDIT : just looked at the full tracklisting here (in apparent time order) http://rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56837. I heard "Elevation - Can You Feel It" when I was queuing to get in, but that is apparently on Easygrooves 2nd set which is listed at 1am ? I definitely didn't get in that late though, am sure it was around 10pm. Something not right there. I suspect his 2nd set was earlier than 1am...

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:53 am

I love the DAT of this whole event. If only more of them were available. Would love Obsession 3rd Dimension.

This seems to have gone down in history as the greatest rave of the era. Wish I was there!

dj_gyr8
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by dj_gyr8 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:21 am

Hi,

Summertime is easily my fave event, bit dusty though, lol... And the meet-up on the beach in the morning...

Thrash
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Thrash » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:31 pm

oldskoolforever wrote:
Thrash wrote:He played 3 sets... A warm up around 10pm (which is the set most people know but didn't hear on the night)
That was the set i heard whilst queuing to get in !

EDIT : just looked at the full tracklisting here (in apparent time order) http://rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56837. I heard "Elevation - Can You Feel It" when I was queuing to get in, but that is apparently on Easygrooves 2nd set which is listed at 1am ? I definitely didn't get in that late though, am sure it was around 10pm. Something not right there. I suspect his 2nd set was earlier than 1am...
Easygrooves first set isn't on the DAT recording, he could have played it before the recording we all know began? Was it dark when you were queueing as it was definitely dark when he came back on the decks?

Could easily have been earlier than 1am too, that was more of a rough guess as I was fucked on rhubarbs by that point lol.

oldskoolforever

Post by oldskoolforever » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:58 pm

Thrash wrote: Easygrooves first set isn't on the DAT recording, he could have played it before the recording we all know began? Was it dark when you were queueing as it was definitely dark when he came back on the decks?

Could easily have been earlier than 1am too, that was more of a rough guess as I was fucked on rhubarbs by that point lol.
Yeah pretty sure it was dark when we parked up & started queuing, so sounds like he probably was earlier than 1am. Hard to remember as now 23 years ago ! Amazing party :)

Thrash
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Thrash » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:04 pm

oldskoolforever wrote:Yeah pretty sure it was dark when we parked up & started queuing, so sounds like he probably was earlier than 1am. Hard to remember as now 23 years ago ! Amazing party :)
Looking at the set lengths & counting back from around 8am, the Elevation tune would have been around 11.30pm (ish). Easygrooves first set was also earlier than 10pm as it wasn't even starting to get dark when I got in & it was mid set.

dj_gyr8
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by dj_gyr8 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi,

Yes, no recording of first set

Thrash
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Thrash » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:19 pm