Bagley's 2015

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Bagley's 2015

Post by Richruffcut » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:16 pm

These pictures brought back some memories. Good little write-up also

http://www.gasholder.london/2015/07/17/ ... club-2015/

stringz
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Re: Bagley's 2015

Post by stringz » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:41 pm

This is great. I had no idea it was still standing, thought it got knocked down along with all the other buildings there. Was a regular at labyrinth and double dipped, that terrace as the sun came up was a special place to be.

strongforce
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by strongforce » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:01 pm

Nice one, cheers for the link.

Good to see the old place after spending many a night there although im too surprised to know it's even still there. Thought the whole area had been flattened to make way for the Channel Tunnel Rail Link works there a few years ago.

Good bit of trivia though with regards to the place originally being a coal storage area and then taking its name from a bottle merchant.

deebom
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by deebom » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:21 pm

I miss Bagleys.

DJ Chance
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by DJ Chance » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:49 pm

I only went to Bagleys twice, which is a suprise as was out regualr in those days and it was only 25mins on the train. Thinking back if there were 4 of us going raving, the price of petrol to Coventry, Cambridge, Leicester was cheaper than 4 train tickets to Kings Cross!

I can't even remember the events I went too. One had DJ Dominate from Blaze Magazine there and I remember climbing up near the DJ booth as Micky Finn was playing. It would have been 93 time. (It may have been a Blaze Magazine event)

I cant even really picture the venue in my mind (it may have been a hazy night!) Where as Paradise Club in my head I could be walking down the steps to the dancefloor, looking right up at the DJ's and seeing GQ on the Mic! Strange how some things never vanish while others just never stick!

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:29 pm

strongforce wrote:
Thought the whole area had been flattened to make way for the Channel Tunnel Rail Link works there a few years
I thought this too. Brilliant venue, always guaranteed a crazy night there!

Paul Zykotik
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Paul Zykotik » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:33 pm

Not the only venue in recent times to have closed down "for development" and still be sat there rotting away years later...

Boca
Regular
Regular

Post by Boca » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:52 am

Loved Bagley's. Was one of the places I went to most, quite a few Slammin Vinyls. Proper rave venue, deffo miss that place.

Wicked to see the pictures of it. Always loved the balcony when you needed a rest from the heat inside. Walking up the road from Kings Cross and seeing all the other ravers heading in the same direction. Good memories.

Boca

DJ Chance
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by DJ Chance » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:28 am

DJ Chance wrote:I only went to Bagleys twice, which is a suprise as was out regualr in those days and it was only 25mins on the train. Thinking back if there were 4 of us going raving, the price of petrol to Coventry, Cambridge, Leicester was cheaper than 4 train tickets to Kings Cross!

I can't even remember the events I went too. One had DJ Dominate from Blaze Magazine there and I remember climbing up near the DJ booth as Micky Finn was playing. It would have been 93 time. (It may have been a Blaze Magazine event)

I cant even really picture the venue in my mind (it may have been a hazy night!) Where as Paradise Club in my head I could be walking down the steps to the dancefloor, looking right up at the DJ's and seeing GQ on the Mic! Strange how some things never vanish while others just never stick!
Talking to myself but have found one of events that I went too! My memory is not that bad, I knew it was Blaze, Dominate and Micky Finn were there. The line-up looks quality as well but I don't remember all them DJ's being there on the night!! Free and Easy was there I do remember that!