The Invisible Man - The Journey EP - 7TH12008 - Pre-orders

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
melakaraya
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

The Invisible Man - The Journey EP - 7TH12008 - Pre-orders

Post by melakaraya » Fri May 22, 2015 5:49 am

Hi all,

7th Storey Projects is very proud to announce their latest release - 'The Journey EP' by The Invisible Man:

The Invisible Man (aka Doctor G, The Undergraduates, Mysteron amongst other monikers) needs no introduction to anyone with even a passing interest in Hardcore/Jungle/Drum n Bass, having been responsible for such seminal classics as The Beginning, The End, Twisted, The Bell Tune and Stormfields amongst countless others - having released music on Timeless Recordings, G-Spot Records and the legendary Good Looking imprint, 7th Storey Projects are proud and privileged to be able to add this legend of the scene to their list of released artists.

'The Journey EP' contains three killer cuts, first up is the title track; 'The Journey' . Previously unreleased since 1993, this epic, dark roller contains many of the elements that The Invisible Man is known and loved for, we love it - and we know you will too!

The flip side sees a re-release for two much loved tracks, 'The Flute Tune' and 'Space' - the first track was first released in 2008 by fellow old skool label, Sublogic Recordings and is a superb, dark, atmospheric amen-driven track that no lover of deep jungle can ignore!

The second track on the AA side is a beautifully re-mastered version of the classic 'Space' - originally released in 1993 on the short-lived label, Camden Tunes - this is another deep and dark amen track interspersed with uplifting strings and dark, foreboding pads - another must for any fan of Invisible's ouevre!

Pre-orders can be placed via the link below, the price per copy is £9.99 plus postage to wherever you are in the world - postage discounts for multiple items are automatically applied upon checkout.

Link to pre-order page is here:

http://www.seventhstoreyprojects.com/th ... y-68-p.asp

Tracklist:

A. The Journey (1993, previously unreleased)
AA1. The Flute Tune (1994)
AA2. Space (1993)

A showreel containing clips from all three tracks below:

https://soundcloud.com/7th-storey-projects/7th12008-invisibleman

All tracks have been lovingly remastered and cut by the legendary Beau Thomas at Ten Eight Seven Mastering in London, and will be pressed by Optimal:Media in Germany, so top quality is assured.

Please note that this release is currently at the pre-order stage only, with a provisional delivery date of end of July 2015, by pre-ordering you are effectively reserving your copy - this ensures that you will be amongst the first to receive copies of this release when distribution begins. You will be kept informed with regular updates via email regarding the progress of manufacture and delivery.

Please note that any in-stock items that are ordered alongside this or any other pre-release, will be despatched along with your copy or copies of the pre-order item.

As always, if anyone has any queries, please get in touch!

Cheers

Simon

dj jedi

Re: The Invisible Man - The Journey EP - 7TH12008 - Pre-orde

Post by dj jedi » Fri May 22, 2015 9:24 am

Excellent! I missed out on the Sublogic release so glad to finally grab this, along with the new one.

smeagol
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by smeagol » Fri May 22, 2015 10:02 am

Super placed my order thanxx

lixx
Regular
Regular

Post by lixx » Sat May 23, 2015 12:00 am

Journey is the one tune I hoped would get a vinyl release! Could not be happier! Ordered.

PJ BreakBob
Regular
Regular

Post by PJ BreakBob » Sun May 24, 2015 9:36 pm

Bagged instantly!!!

melakaraya
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by melakaraya » Mon May 25, 2015 7:44 pm

Cheers to all who have pre-ordered so far - great feedback and response thus far :-)

One thing that I neglected to mention was that all pre-orders received on or before the 11th June will go into a draw to win a test press of 'The Journey EP' - to be shipped as soon as the TP's are received, which means the winner will be the first to own a copy in any form :-)

nebkins
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by nebkins » Tue May 26, 2015 11:51 am

All paid up

vigilante
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by vigilante » Tue May 26, 2015 3:19 pm

on it!

dagoon
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by dagoon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:48 am

Thought i would have missed it..
All paid up..

melakaraya
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by melakaraya » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick one to say thanks to all who have pre-ordered - I'm pleased to say that the test presses have been received and approved for both new releases - so the full runs should be about 3-4 weeks away all being well.

There are still copies of both available, links to the order pages are in the original post:

TP's on Discogs:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Dark ... se/6756715

http://www.discogs.com/Invisible-Man-Th ... se/7216285

Cheers!

Simon

what evil lurks
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by what evil lurks » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:07 am

I'll be getting this plus some extra bits from you Simon in early September, nice one

melakaraya
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by melakaraya » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:12 am

Hi all,

Glad to say that these releases are finally now in stock and shipping! All pre-orders have been shipped and should be with you soon, many thanks for everyone's support and patience while we got these together - they look and sound wicked so hopefully everyone will think that the wait was worthwhile.

There are copies of both releases still available both from 7th Storey Projects' shop, and on Discogs.

Cheers!

Simon

lixx
Regular
Regular

Post by lixx » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:23 pm

Got mine in the states today! Massive thanks for Simon & Graham for making this available on vinyl.

Hey maybe Graham can answer this? Where are those vocal samples from on The Journey? The vocal saying: "It's a long journey to my planet"

EDIT: OH and added props for including (I assume it's part of the track) that little sample bit at the end from 1944's House of Frankenstein movie! I always thought that sample was from Chalke- Resurrection (due to Bukem's using it on Yaman 11) when I got the record I was disappointed it wasn't on it. Anyhow WAV'd that end part as I've always wanted that sample!

what evil lurks
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by what evil lurks » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:36 pm

Just ordered!

Beatgraphter_v_1.0
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Beatgraphter_v_1.0 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:16 pm

The Journey is such a sick tune have played it out at 2 gigs recently and always goes down well. Massive respect to Simon and Graham wicked stuff!