BRACE YOURSELF - CLUB EDEN BOURNEMOUTH SATURDAY 2ND MAY

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
GMAN1992
Regular
Regular

BRACE YOURSELF - CLUB EDEN BOURNEMOUTH SATURDAY 2ND MAY

Post by GMAN1992 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:49 pm

2 BAD MICE
VINYLJUNKIE
DJ JEDI
NON COMPLIANCE
GALVATRON
HOFFMAN & SAVANNAH
STORMSKI AND BOBSKI
C RUSH
K80

HOSTED BY OLD HARRY ROX

Be good to see some forum crew!
Brace Yourself is back this Saturday 2nd May @ Club Eden for the OldSkool Vs Nuskool showdown! Starts at 8pm & Only £5 on the door B4 11pm £7 After! Big up everyone who came last time! This ones set to be even bigger and better so hope see ya all on the floor for some hardcore skanking!! Big up

http://www.braceyourselfpromotions.com

Attachments
IMG_20150306_001505.jpg

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Re: BRACE YOURSELF - CLUB EDEN BOURNEMOUTH SATURDAY 2ND MAY

Post by rage » Fri May 01, 2015 5:34 pm

Due to rather poor timing on my behalf I'm up in London this weekend.

Hope you all have an amazing night though!

GMAN1992
Regular
Regular

Post by GMAN1992 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:47 pm

Shame Rage, next one mate?! Are you Bournemouth based?

https://www.facebook.com/events/788803314538597/

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Fri May 01, 2015 9:24 pm

Yeah Southbourne mate. Would have been all over it but unfortunately it clashes with this which I've arranged to go to.

https://www.facebook.com/events/427582390726082/

si 2 bad
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by si 2 bad » Sun May 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Not a massive turnout but nice to meet Ed! Half a glass of drink fell on my controller 2 tracks in which caused a few little issues and we were joined by a very drunk reveller on the stairs!

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Tue May 05, 2015 9:08 am

Yes good to meet you finally too, hope the controller has survived! I had some issues early in my set too, I think clubs need to start building bigger DJ booths with at least two setups to switch between, all this switching between Serato/Traktor/CD-Js/vinyl/controllers is just too much trouble in the middle of a set.

GMAN1992
Regular
Regular

Post by GMAN1992 » Tue May 05, 2015 2:39 pm

Was a shame about the turnout as the last one was a good turn out but taking on bloc party was maybe a little too hard as they have a loyal following! Still some wicked tunes dropped and nice to meet some sound old skool people and have a chance to have a few beers with Edd - respect to everyone who managed to make it :)

dj_gyr8
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by dj_gyr8 » Tue May 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Hi,

Pity all the holiday makers didn't know about it, as there was a HUGE influx of young people in Bournemouth this weekend, many of whom would have attended if they'd have known about it.

Gotta agree, most students would have done the BLOCK PARTY, as for the price, you simply cannot beat it...

PS: what is this venue like for dance music? Is it the old Sixty Million Postcards, or the venue over the road?

PPS: all the other clubs in Bournemouth were rammed on Sat night, and I know loads of the people in them would have much preferred your event...

GMAN1992
Regular
Regular

Post by GMAN1992 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:25 pm

Wasn't my event was my mates but he had hammered the flyering and the posters all over town, definitely a shame, but you win some and you lose some! Lots of the club's in Bournemouth it seems maybe free entry as there were quite a few who approached the door and didn't want to fork out a fiver! Onwards and upwards ;)

dj_gyr8
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by dj_gyr8 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi,

This is a sign of the times, people want to spend their money on booze, not entry... Plus Bournemouth has too much competition, so it is so hard to compete.

Interestiny, specific genre events do better in winter months in resorts like Bournemouth.

Annoyingly, you need a 'name' to pull in the lunters now, kids won't pay, just for the genre.

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Wed May 06, 2015 8:38 am

Yes you have to remember that Bournemouth is no longer the nightclub hot spot it was 15 years ago, the vast majority of people out in town these days are looking for wine bars or Walkabout. Pretty much every club had a door fee and well known DJs in the late 90s/early 00s, these days it's all drinks promotions and local DJs.

dj_gyr8
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by dj_gyr8 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:28 am

Hi,

Yes, a real shame... Bournemouth was pretty cool amny moons ago. Now it is actually pretty nasty, anyone half-decent avoids it like the plague - nice bars have opened around the outskirts, and suburbs, just leaving "buy a vodka jelly got 100 free" type skank clubs...

si 2 bad
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by si 2 bad » Thu May 07, 2015 5:07 am

Venue was alright you know but I agree with Ed about booths needing to be sorted out. I think Ed played vinyl and so many clubs these days "hide the decks away".. Played a different set to usual due to the appearance of a hen party who were actually giving it some on the dancefloor, but I think they must have been on a pub crawl as they disappeared soon after.
Played Sunday in Central London with PFM, Nookie and Hyper on E...was quite a good night!!
Controller still in airing cupboard - scared to fire it up. Borrowing Seans at the moment...

Anyone in the Leeds area on Saturday should hit Rejuvenation - good nights up there and Ratty is doing 2 sets...