The Prodigy - The Day Is My Enemy

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Traffic Cone
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Re: The Prodigy - The Day Is My Enemy

Post by Traffic Cone » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:36 pm

dj jedi wrote: Haha, I know what you mean but not sure I agree with it, I don't think being a DJ rather than a producer makes somebody a twat or untalented.
oh true. i didn't mean that as a blanket statement, more just as seen from the perspective of an artist :D let me explain - a lot of dance music is made by the people behind the scenes, who aren't "performing" it. even now, where most DJs have to be producers, those tunes are still often made by engineers, to the extent that i've heard of people advertising "ghost writing" services with confidentiality as one of the selling points #-o

and it's just your tune amongst a load of other similar tunes. so from the perspective of someone making music i can see how performing it as a band has a lot of appeal.

Ric
He never locked his car door

Post by Ric » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:53 pm

Anyone ever heard them play What evil lurks? I'm surprised Liam's never reworked that track, beefed it up somewhat, I reckon it'd sound great.

The_Ruffneck
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by The_Ruffneck » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:27 pm

Nasty is nothing special, hope the rest of the album is better.

Ric

Post by Ric » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:48 am

An interview with the Prodigy. Got to love their determination.

http://gu.com/p/44pqg

andrew
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by andrew » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:11 am

Indeed. This bit made me smile:

In the flesh, Keith proves far less insane than his South-Park-does-Johnny-Rotten stage persona would suggest. He’s eloquent in the manner of a pub raconteur – avuncular, even – pulling me in for a hug when the interview finishes. He’s like a cheeky uncle who likes a tipple and a dirty joke. At one point, he starts talking about the Essex pub he’s bought: “We’ve got an open fire, and I’ve got about 57 quid in a pint pot above it because every time I go and light it, the Firestarter jokes come out. I’m like, that’s very funny, you owe me a pound. So I’ve got £57 going to charity.”

LOON-E
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by LOON-E » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:53 pm

Title track got played by Zane Lowe tonight...not feeling it...cant see The Day or Nasty being my fav tunes off the new album...hoping some of the others are better

LOON-E

pete.devnull
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by pete.devnull » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:30 pm

I really don't like this track, prob will hate the album, but wouldn't want them doing anything else since this is "their" sound now and has been since time. It's true they killed it with rave stuff originally, but it was only a year or two later they got more into the rock stuff (think I remember reading in an interview they're massively into Rage Against The Machine), and have been consistently doing that since then.

To go back to doing rave stuff now if they weren't feeling it would be worse in my mind than just making music I don't like.

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by jonny » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:51 pm

LOON-E wrote:The IMD era tunes i really like live as much as there oldskool classics..cant wait for the new album/tour...this is on the new album, ive heard it a few times live now...i like :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMQtow4ZlP0

LOON-E

jaysus no offence mate that's awful.

truth be known they really only had 2 brilliant albums after that asides from the odd tune they went to absolute shit IMO

LOON-E
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by LOON-E » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:24 pm

jonny wrote:
LOON-E wrote:The IMD era tunes i really like live as much as there oldskool classics..cant wait for the new album/tour...this is on the new album, ive heard it a few times live now...i like :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMQtow4ZlP0

LOON-E

jaysus no offence mate that's awful.

truth be known they really only had 2 brilliant albums after that asides from the odd tune they went to absolute shit IMO
None taken mate ;)...you gotta remember i play oldskool speedcore/gabba...i like a bit of guitar ;)..
Saying that the 2 new album tracks they,ve released (Nasty and The day is my enemy) im not really feeling...hoping for a couple of classic sounding 1ns (and some mad thrashing geetar 1ns ;) ) somewhere on the release

LOON-E