Fusion this Saturday

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
dreamweave
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Re: Fusion this Saturday

Post by dreamweave » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:21 am

rage wrote:
dreamweave wrote: Anyone going for pre drinks before?
Inferno mate. Not sure what time yet though, prob around 8-8:30 ish if we're gonna catch Easygroove!
Cool, going round to my mates for a few tequilas first then are going to head in for easy groove, may pop in for one beforehand.

GMAN1992
Regular
Regular

Post by GMAN1992 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Yes yes will be there, will be the guy in the suburban base t shirt lol doing the ageing raver moves in the middle of the dancefloor, shame easygroove on so early! Hope rider doesn't play an anthem bash set, his old skool sets are very hit and miss! Wicked line-up tho and the last one was amazing! See you on the dancefloor ;)

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:01 pm

Can't make this one unfortunately, shame as literally everyone seems to be going!

alphawave ep
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by alphawave ep » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:09 pm

I would like to hear reports back on this event...Last time i went to a old skool rave event (fantazia) all i heard was Baby D,in fact i heard it four times!! I hope ratty slams it hard..

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:17 am

He did this event go?

Good turnout? Good vibe? Who played well and who didn't? When's the next one? Marks out of 10?

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:40 pm

Was brilliant! 9/10. Vibe was amazing, no trouble at all. Saw Ellis Dee, Vinylgroover, Randall, Ratty, Sy, Krome & Time and maybe a couple more I don't remember. Ratty seemed to be a bit lost on the crowd, darkside 92-3 with Nookie, Basement, Bay B Kane etc, I loved it but the room thinned out quite a bit, gave me plenty of space to brok out tho! Great hearing A New Direction on a rig for the first time in ages. Love the screwfaces he pulls when he's cutting up the fader. Randall and Shabba D upstairs was sick, proper sweatbox. Krome & Time were awesome as always even tho they played the same set as when they were here in feb! Vinylgroover was pretty good, breakbeat happy hardcore 94-5 stuff, Sy more bouncy, amazing scratching as ever. The lasers were absolute nuts, amazing maybe the best I've ever seen! Couldn't stop looking at them they've probably shredded my retinas. Lasted out til 3 so did pretty well!

Was great to see the DJs all hugging and hanging out, got the impression that it was the first time they'd seen each other in ages.

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:09 pm

Ah man! Nice one, Rage.

I wanted to go to that as I knew it'd be awesome. Gutted I missed it.

Yeah, Ratty rarely plays '91/92 for some reason. He done the same at Flashback: Played '93 (after the Ratpack filling up the room to breaking point) and cleared half the floor.

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:28 pm

Thing is he was still badass though, the crowd just weren't dark enough to get it! Anyone that plays Anything 2.1 is a G in my book, let alone mashing it to oblivion with the fader. I wondered whether a lot of the younger crowd hadn't really heard of him, he's not exactly a regular on the circuit having retired many times! He played a mix of vinyl and CDs, you could really hear the difference between the two. Vinyl way more crisp and punchy!

He was well loved amongst the other DJs, saw Randall, Sy and others hanging with him, he stayed around all night.

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Fair play.

When's the next one?

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:46 pm

I would guess around spring. Sure there was a good 5 month run up to this one after it was announced.

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:04 am

Cheers rage!

Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Richruffcut » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:03 pm

I had a real good night, bumped into people i havent seen for donkeys years. Did suffer bad the next day and today at work was pretty hard going, just cant do it like i used to haha

Best sets of the night for me was Ratty, Krome&Time, and Vinylgroover who im not normaly that bothered about but he started off with some wkd tunes (Basement stuff). Ellis dee was ok, played pretty much the tunes he always plays out these days naughty naughty vol 8, x project walking in the air, etc, i enjoyed it but would have been good i think to dig a bit deeper.

Worst set for me was dougal playing stuff like pretty green eyes, heart of gold, imo the worst of the worst in hardcore! I only heard the last 2 tunes he played but i can guess what the rest was like. I did have a bit of a cringe on but it was the end of the set and i was waiting for the next DJ to come on. That said i think others did enjoy his set its just not my cuppa

All round a great night out.

dreamweave
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dreamweave » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:15 pm

Thought the night was great, Easygroove should have been on later, thought his set was the best of the night and loved hearing Dj Hype - The Chopper on a decent sound system. The Dougal set was quite cheesy but the crowd loved it. As has been said Ratty did play a decent set but people seemed to want more happy tunes. Didn't go into the DnB room. All in all a quality night, decent crowd and turnout. Roll on the next one.

Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Richruffcut » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:33 pm

dreamweave wrote:Thought the night was great, Easygroove should have been on later, thought his set was the best of the night and loved hearing Dj Hype - The Chopper on a decent sound system. The Dougal set was quite cheesy but the crowd loved it. As has been said Ratty did play a decent set but people seemed to want more happy tunes. Didn't go into the DnB room. All in all a quality night, decent crowd and turnout. Roll on the next one.
Yeah bit gutted i missed Easygroove i got in about 10 i think. What else did he play? Did you see Groove downstairs? I missed his set aswell

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:09 pm

Groove didn't turn up apparently! Ratty got a second set, sadly I left just before that.