The "Waremouse noise"

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Heartburn Music
Regular
Regular

The "Waremouse noise"

Post by Heartburn Music » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:12 am

I was listening to this early Basement release, and remembered it uses that same classic sound that's in 2 Bad Mice "Waremouse"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qatxClhiytc

Then I noticed, Discogs claims it came out in 1991! I know that might not be totally accurate, I can see how it could have been early 1992 (it's got to be pretty early on anyway, since the bulk of Basement releases were that year and '93). But it got me curious - which came first? "Bachbeat" or "Waremouse"?

Thumpson
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Re: The "Waremouse noise"

Post by Thumpson » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:53 am

Surely Bachbeat is the one that samples Waremouse.

Heartburn Music
Regular
Regular

Re: The

Post by Heartburn Music » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:38 pm

Thumpson wrote:Surely Bachbeat is the one that samples Waremouse.
That's what I was thinking! Something's fishy.

si 2 bad
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by si 2 bad » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:06 pm

We actually sampled the snare from a Guy Called Gerald, FX and played that riff. The drums were Nebula 2. The Basement track sampled it as it was Sean that played the original riff in the studio when recording the Hold it Down EP...

eazyflow
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by eazyflow » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:47 pm

I like it that people like Si are around to clear these things up :D

While we're at it, that Bachbeat tune is such terrible mess! All hail the arrival of Jack Smooth to take the controls at Basement 8)

AtomSmasher
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by AtomSmasher » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:46 pm

eazyflow wrote:I like it that people like Si are around to clear these things up :D

While we're at it, that Bachbeat tune is such terrible mess! All hail the arrival of Jack Smooth to take the controls at Basement 8)
Yeah - i'd never heard it before. Very 'interestingly' sequenced at the start. I WON'T be adding that to my wants list......

eazyflow
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by eazyflow » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:55 am

AtomSmasher wrote:
eazyflow wrote:I like it that people like Si are around to clear these things up :D

Yeah - i'd never heard it before. Very 'interestingly' sequenced at the start. I WON'T be adding that to my wants list......
As shit as it it is, I do actually have this in my wants list, purely so I can complete the Basement catalogue (Only missing #2 #3). I'm only prepared to pay around a fiver for it though :D

Fizza
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Fizza » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:52 pm

The 2 Bad Mice EP came out originally in 1991 too IIRC, think how many got the Ultra Magnetic break from Nebula II (which si 2 bad just mentioned), released around Nov 91 maybe?, took about as long for 2 Bad Mice to sample it as Basement needed to sample 2 Bad Mice.. one of the cool things about production at that time IMHO, constant and almost weekly evolvement. Amazing really.