Yikes...

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
dest
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Re: Yikes...

Post by dest » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:11 pm

Im thinking about shutting mine myself and walking away. I can't be bothered with it all anymore and won't give him the pleasure of closing it down

Ornette
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Ornette » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:57 am

If you made them all private would that resolve the problem?

The_Ruffneck
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by The_Ruffneck » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:02 am

Going private kind of defeats the purpose of uploading the rarities to discogs though.I think it has to be public and out in the open or nothing.Sad to see DB9 go as it was probably the best oldskool channel on youtube, alot of the stuff he uploaded was very rare and it may be some months or years before it is back on there.

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:01 am

Going private does not hide the tunes from youtubes music finding software.
It only stops the public seeing them.

So they will still flag up.

crugga
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by crugga » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/user/Jimmy61220

Not sure if thats another but he had loads in my very recent history.

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:40 am

Just let them get on with it, if they honestly think there is any money to be made from 20 year old obscure white labels, they're quite frankly mad. They'll soon forget about it when the money doesn't start rolling in. And as we all said 10 pages ago although this is annoying, uploading music that's not your own does have a risk attached to it so there's really nothing we can complain about.

ian saunders
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by ian saunders » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:54 pm

He's probably sat behind his computer grinning and rubbing his micro-penis over all this.

What a bellend, an absolute bellend.

ian saunders
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by ian saunders » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:57 pm

Going by the 54 views his channel has received for Cool Hand Flex - Lock Me Up, Vapour must me a millionaire by now through all the sales.

Ornette
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Ornette » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:23 am

So, there's gonna be a jungle documentary on the 30th April... :-k

ian saunders
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by ian saunders » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:02 pm

It's good that Martyn has been able to talk with HCJ and they've explained the situation to him that makes him happy to carry on. My question is, if what HCJ have to say is good enough to change minds why don't they just tell the rest of us??? What's the big secret?
If they're not closing down YT channels and there's a valid reason why, why don't they just tell us? It'd save a lot of hassle.

dest
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dest » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:07 pm

There is no big secret, so Im not sure why people think there is.
The basic facts are that I took it upon myself to chat to them and work out differences.
Obviously that chat was between me and them, I dont need to post it anywhere.
If others choose to not do that then thats up to them, and nothing to do with me.
I see some are still hell bent on trying to cause shit, and as Ive posted on FB, I want nothing to do with it.
If other channel owners want to speak to them to help protect their channels or whatever, then thats up to them.
No secrets, no conspiracies, just the simple fact that I had a chat with them. Everyone else has the option to as well :)

ian saunders
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by ian saunders » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:01 pm

dest wrote:There is no big secret, so Im not sure why people think there is.
The basic facts are that I took it upon myself to chat to them and work out differences.
Obviously that chat was between me and them, I dont need to post it anywhere.
If others choose to not do that then thats up to them, and nothing to do with me.
I see some are still hell bent on trying to cause shit, and as Ive posted on FB, I want nothing to do with it.
If other channel owners want to speak to them to help protect their channels or whatever, then thats up to them.
No secrets, no conspiracies, just the simple fact that I had a chat with them. Everyone else has the option to as well :)
But surely everyone has been trying to have a chat with them for the last 3 weeks? I'm honestly glad that you've came to an agreement, and I'm not going to ask for details as to what you talked about.

It just looks a bit strange when they came on here 3-4 weeks ago and told people to remove tracks from their YT channels to prevent them from being closed down. You, along with others (and me), protested about this in no uncertain terms, then suddenly you agree to do what they asked of you all along and claim that there's no problem and if people just do what they asked you to do then everythigng would be fine.

If it's the case that it's the BPI doing this without HCJ's knowledge then that's fine, but why don't they come out and just say this? Now you have their ear maybe you could ask them to issue a statement to that effect like they did when they said that they'd be closing down people's channels if they didn't remove the tunes that they had the rights to? Everything would be put to bed and the world could get on with ignoring 20+ year old jungle tunes again.

dest
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dest » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:08 pm

I did it because constant arguing was getting nowhere, and I've got better things to do!
What I do with my life is my business, and Im getting fucking fed up with having to explain myself to everyone TBH.
Its like a bloody witch hunt.
One minute everyone is moaning that my channel is going to be lost, and when I post saying its not, everyone still bloody moans and starts slagging me off!
I can't really win, so I'm not posting or commenting on another single thing on the subject either on here or on FB.

ian saunders
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by ian saunders » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:19 pm

dest wrote:I did it because constant arguing was getting nowhere, and I've got better things to do!
What I do with my life is my business, and Im getting fcuking fed up with having to explain myself to everyone TBH.
Its like a bloody witch hunt.
One minute everyone is moaning that my channel is going to be lost, and when I post saying its not, everyone still bloody moans and starts slagging me off!
I can't really win, so I'm not posting or commenting on another single thing on the subject either on here or on FB.

To be fair, people weren't moaning about your channel being lost, they were moaning about yours and everyone else's channels being lost. So, if you decided it wasn't worth the arguments and hassle and took their tracks down voluntarily what did you have to talk to them about? Why not just do it and not tell people anything, you don't owe anyone anything. If you wanted a quiet life you could just have taken down the tracks to begin with and not that many people would have noticed.

You choice is your choice, and that has to be respected. But then you make a choice, vehemently defend your position on FB and forums for 3 weeks, then suddenly change your mind, then people are always going to ask "Why?". You don't have to answer them, but at least you can understand why they ask?

ian saunders
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by ian saunders » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:32 pm

I'd just like to add, as I've just seen your FB post, if you've just decided to take their shit down as it's a better option than being closed down by those cunts, then I respect that decision (not that it's for me to respect or not respect it, I just didn't know how to say this :) ). If you just said that, then I'd agree with you.

But don;t be surprised if in 3-4 months they come at you again asking you to take soemthing else down, then sth else etc etc,