Big Thanks to YT Channel owners

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
TRKKY
Regular
Regular

Big Thanks to YT Channel owners

Post by TRKKY » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:03 pm

as I say, Big Thanks to all the YT channel owners, you've helped me ID so many of the tracks I need for my collection.

Over the last month I've managed to ID about 130 tunes (by browsing & posts on OSRU on FB) :) just need to find the vinyl now :)

My wallet hates you but I respect you :D

PS. I'm aware of what's happening concerning the channels & it all makes me very sad after being on a high for the last month :(

vali/ nme click
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Re: Big Thanks to YT Channel owners

Post by vali/ nme click » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:33 pm

There will be a lot of long faces when there are no clips to ID certain tunes on Discogs :-(

Wasn´t all necessary imo. I really was looking forward this shop and I´d have bought loads of tunes from there, now couldnt even been bothered to check the interviews they´ve put up, just feels certainly wrong spending a single view on their site.

RonWellsJS
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by RonWellsJS » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:56 pm

Agree, most YT channels are valuable to us.

Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by 1992 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:09 pm

I can't collect records that I'm not already 100% familiar with without the youtube clips. If this clownshoe manages to remove all the youtube clips it would be in Discogs best interest to host it's own audio clips of all the tracks in the database. The website really can't function well as a used record buying site without these clips.

The_Ruffneck
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by The_Ruffneck » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:32 am

1992 wrote:I can't collect records that I'm not already 100% familiar with without the youtube clips. If this clownshoe manages to remove all the youtube clips it would be in Discogs best interest to host it's own audio clips of all the tracks in the database. The website really can't function well as a used record buying site without these clips.
Yes, i have bought a few records "blind" because they were under 2 pounds but most ended up being misses.I think the best way around this issue is for there to be a list of tracks and/or artists that will enact copyright claims.DJ SY and Bass Generator are the two artists who have claimed on me.The rarer the stuff the less likely to be claimed.

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:41 am

To be honest it's all a storm in a teacup, the clown only 'owns the rights' to a handful of artists and labels anyway, most of which none of us care about. The obscure stuff can't be touched so my advice to the channel owners is just remove the few tracks he wants and keep the rest, rather than risk lose your channel.

TRKKY
Regular
Regular

Post by TRKKY » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:34 pm

TBH I didn't wanna start this up again; I just wanted to thank the peeps that have helped me so much :D
dj jedi wrote:To be honest it's all a storm in a teacup, the clown only 'owns the rights' to a handful of artists and labels anyway, most of which none of us care about. The obscure stuff can't be touched so my advice to the channel owners is just remove the few tracks he wants and keep the rest, rather than risk lose your channel.

But I totally agree with you here Jedi, the tracks that ****** wants removing should be, not necessarily removed, but certainly made 'Private' so no-one/he can't see them :)

Would be a nightmare to lose the whole channel (some have >2000 tunes :D ) for the sake of a few tunes.

But AFA, '...most tunes of which none of us care about', my guess is there's still people out there who do care about these tunes ;) eg: 4-Hero - Cookin' up Your Brain; luckily I have this on vinyl but I guess that some collectors will not have it ;)

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:24 pm

TRKKY wrote:But AFA, '...most tunes of which none of us care about', my guess is there's still people out there who do care about these tunes ;) eg: 4-Hero - Cookin' up Your Brain; luckily I have this on vinyl but I guess that some collectors will not have it ;)
What I meant by that is 90% of the tracks have been released before (I certialny already have a lot of them digitally or on vinyl) the promise was for bucketloads of exclusives/dub plates, which haven't materialised.

dj_gyr8
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by dj_gyr8 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi,

Good point, we were told there would be loads of unreleased stuff, but there is virtually none, and obviously we're not fussed about stuff from 1998

Thrash
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Thrash » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:36 pm

dj_gyr8 wrote:Hi,

Good point, we were told there would be loads of unreleased stuff, but there is virtually none, and obviously we're not fussed about stuff from 1998
He's still waiting for you to send all those dubs.

Traffic Cone
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by Traffic Cone » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:04 pm

1992 wrote: it would be in Discogs best interest to host it's own audio clips of all the tracks in the database. The website really can't function well as a used record buying site without these clips.
as a buyer i absolutely agree it'd be great - but it definitely wouldn't be in their interest. look at the fuss here over a scene which is pretty niche - scale that up over all the stuff on Discogs and i can only imagine how much hassle they'd get :D

TRKKY
Regular
Regular

Post by TRKKY » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:43 pm

dj jedi wrote:
TRKKY wrote:But AFA, '...most tunes of which none of us care about', my guess is there's still people out there who do care about these tunes ;) eg: 4-Hero - Cookin' up Your Brain; luckily I have this on vinyl but I guess that some collectors will not have it ;)
What I meant by that is 90% of the tracks have been released before (I certialny already have a lot of them digitally or on vinyl) the promise was for bucketloads of exclusives/dub plates, which haven't materialised.

Aha. OK, sorry, I missunderstood you ;)

dubplate records
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by dubplate records » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:30 pm

guys,where can I get nice digital versions of the skeleton recordings tunes avoiding this little turds store?
feel free to pm me here or on Facebook
im certainly not going to the site to buy them :/