Bang-in Tunes returns

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
leonized
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Re: Bang-in Tunes returns

Post by leonized » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:47 am

Sounds good to me Neil mate :-)

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:48 am

I think it depends on the style. If the new mixes will be upfront D&B, I don't know if there is a market for that on vinyl, as everybody plays digital now. But if you mean new remixes in the old 93-95 style, then yes that would be great on vinyl.

BrianBadonde
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by BrianBadonde » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:07 am

Will the official DJ Vapour remix of The Core be available?

:)

I have BIT 1-5 so would be interested in unreleased stuff mores. But will still pick up the re pressed stuff.

Nice one Neil and i'm sure you're aware but please, if that hardcore junglism c*nt makes contact, tell him to do one
Last edited by BrianBadonde on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

phil
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by phil » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:08 am

Defo on board

old skool only on the vinyl tho please

unreleased stuff sounds good

do you not think its worth posting a few clips of unreleased stuff and stick the 2 most popular ones on the vinyl plus 2 already released tunes.

a lot of us have got the old fbd tunes so unreleased tunes always make selling a double ep nowadays much easier and quicker.

just a thought.

BrianBadonde
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by BrianBadonde » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:16 am

From my own point of view on sales... A 4 tracker would sell better with 2 original tunes and 2 unreleased.

Or a double 12" pack - One plate with old fbd classics... and the other for unreleased

that would be sublime

what evil lurks
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by what evil lurks » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:18 am

In my opinion, if you can include unreleased material from BITD (tracks or old unreleased mixes of classics) I'll be on the list :)

4 Trackers are value for money :)

Law
Regular
Regular

Post by Law » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:41 am

Two classics and two unreleased bits from back in the day gets my vote.

Or a double 12" EP
First vinyl with 4 classics (2 a side). Second with unreleased bits (2 a side). That would be exceedingly good value so I think it would be fair to charge a little more for it.

extreme
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by extreme » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:50 pm

Unreleased stuff for me please :)

will2003
He never locked his car door

Post by will2003 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:10 pm

Definitely either a doublepack or two individual 12" releases, both 4 trackers, both with 2 previously released FBD tunes and two unreleased tunes on each record.

I did this with the EOA stuff I put out, and it worked very well. I chose not to do it as a double pack but rather as two separate 12"s but that was only because I wanted people to just be able to buy the stuff they wanted as a lot of people on here already owned the previously released EOA tunes.

As for concerns about 4 tracks per vinyl and volume, quality etc - as long as you keep it under approx 14 mins per side, a good engineer can make a 4 tracker that sounds as loud, clear and maybe even better than a badly done 2 track vinyl.

Every 4 track vinyl I did on my label was mastered and cut by Beau and they were all perfect - loud, crisp, deep and (from memory :D ) very well received on here in terms of audio and general pressing quality.

I'd buy the FBD stuff instantly, regardless of whether it was two 12"s or a doublepack, but you might find it'll sell better as individual 12"s as it just gives buyers a bit more flexibility and they don't feel they have to buy a whole doublepack if there's only a couple of tunes they really want.

I think I messaged you back when you were first on here, but yeah - if for any reason you don't want to do vinyl I would bite your hand off if you wanted another label to do it :D

blah
Regular
Regular

Post by blah » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:27 pm

Mate I would Gladly pay £2-£3 a wave from you because we know for a fact they are from dat!
I have The Core And Terminate from Hard Leaders 4 but would love remasters and also Blasted and The Core Remixes!
And Journeys! And the darkest string in a tune ever... She's Breaking Up!

But please tell us what happened to BIT 006-007-008???

electric tribe

Post by electric tribe » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:17 pm

Less interested in newer remix versions but certainly up for repress and unreleased back in the day mixes

damo bee
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by damo bee » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:25 am

Definitely up for unreleased stuff and classic F.B.D Tracks, no to the new stuff on vinyl as i would say they would do better as digital files. Looking forward to getting a t shirt and maybe some slipmats too if you are doing them.
Thanks.
D

maxxvinyl
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by maxxvinyl » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:11 am

its all about the unreleased stuff for me,
the ropey tunes that u didn't think were any good, bitd :)

now i really do have to close my Youtube account

strongforce

Post by strongforce » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:29 pm

will2003 wrote:Definitely either a doublepack or two individual 12" releases, both 4 trackers, both with 2 previously released FBD tunes and two unreleased tunes on each record.

I did this with the EOA stuff I put out, and it worked very well. I chose not to do it as a double pack but rather as two separate 12"s but that was only because I wanted people to just be able to buy the stuff they wanted as a lot of people on here already owned the previously released EOA tunes.

As for concerns about 4 tracks per vinyl and volume, quality etc - as long as you keep it under approx 14 mins per side, a good engineer can make a 4 tracker that sounds as loud, clear and maybe even better than a badly done 2 track vinyl.

Every 4 track vinyl I did on my label was mastered and cut by Beau and they were all perfect - loud, crisp, deep and (from memory :D ) very well received on here in terms of audio and general pressing quality.

I'd buy the FBD stuff instantly, regardless of whether it was two 12"s or a doublepack, but you might find it'll sell better as individual 12"s as it just gives buyers a bit more flexibility and they don't feel they have to buy a whole doublepack if there's only a couple of tunes they really want.

I think I messaged you back when you were first on here, but yeah - if for any reason you don't want to do vinyl I would bite your hand off if you wanted another label to do it :D
Will and others have pretty much summed it up.....

2 x 4-track EP's. Each vinyl containing 2 x released tunes and 2 x unreleased tunes.

Would be good if we had snippets of the unreleased stuff so we can put it to the vote :p

thedjeuphoria
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by thedjeuphoria » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:40 pm

oooh... looking forward to this, i spent most saturday afternoons in BIT back in 92/93.