** Youtube Channel Owners Important **

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
bunchofsellouts
New User
New User

Re: ** Youtube Channel Owners Important **

Post by bunchofsellouts » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:58 am

By doing this you will create the biggest sh*it storm you have ever seen .. people are not going to stand for this and will boycott your website . so think on ..... the word will get out what you did and isn't going to do you or your website any favors .. you are purely in it for the money .. sickening

your website will be over if you do it!!!

dest
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dest » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:59 am

He hasn't logged on since nearly 8pm last night, so hasn't seen the last 4 pages of this thread.
He said in an email to me that he wouldn't be checking here again, so I suggest everyone posts on his Facebook page or emails direct to labels@hardcorejunglism.com to let him know your feelings or to point him here again!

Thanks for the support everyone, and Im glad so many people get enjoyment from my channel, thats exactly what it was set up for :)

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:13 am

Could of people have posted on his Fb page & one of his YT links.
Some of the FB threads were removed though.
2 fresh ones are up this morning though.

pinhead1000
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by pinhead1000 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:21 am

im sorry mr greedy bastard but you wont be getting shit from me either i would have brought high quality rips aswell of unreleased dubs n stuff but you can shove it up ya arse now BIIIIIIIIIIG TIME

pinhead1000
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by pinhead1000 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:24 am

dest wrote:He hasn't logged on since nearly 8pm last night, so hasn't seen the last 4 pages of this thread.
He said in an email to me that he wouldn't be checking here again, so I suggest everyone posts on his Facebook page or emails direct to labels@hardcorejunglism.com to let him know your feelings or to point him here again!

Thanks for the support everyone, and Im glad so many people get enjoyment from my channel, thats exactly what it was set up for :)
i have id'ed so many tunes from your channel and then found them to buy on vinyl or some not as they are silly money or none available lol its unreal big ups to your self and keep up the fight and keep uploading the tunes ;)

wigs
Regular
Regular

Post by wigs » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:42 am

dest wrote:He hasn't logged on since nearly 8pm last night, so hasn't seen the last 4 pages of this thread.

Just posted a comment on there.. few other comments already there as well.

Hmm, now who's going to set up a 'Boycott hardcorejunglism.com page' on Facebook then?

dest
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dest » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:45 am

There is already a hidden group on there with lots of discussion about how we will all continue to enjoy these tunes online without his bullshit getting in the way ;)

If ever there was a good example of why you should never shit on your own doorstep, this is it!

RonWellsJS
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by RonWellsJS » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:00 am

Is there a FULL LIST of tracks that HardcoreJunglism claim to own the rights to?

FYI: Copyright can only be transferred in writitng so if there was no contract between the original label and the artist, the artist still owns the work by default (e.g. this is the case with the entire Basement Records Catalogue and many other lablels).

Also it's the actual recordings of the tracks that are owned by the Label so any personal or special DJ remxes (dubs) will not necessarily be owned by the original label either. And... where contracts exisisted, many of the terms will have lapsed.

Anyone is free to re-load the tunes (using the same samples) and make a new recording (thus a cover version) and release, share it (as long as the composers are paid their publishing rights).

I would very much like to check this list to see any any of my works are in it - as they will be removed by me (and the artists, most of whom I'm still in contact with).

FTR, I don't have a problem with someone making a PROFESSIONAL go at monetising back catalogue but, I've not met many professionals in the music industry yet... this will be interesting, to say the least.

Best : R

ian saunders
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by ian saunders » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:03 am

Obscure dubplates from 1992 are not exactly going to be flying off the shelves are they? The only people who are going to buy them are the collectors, obsessives, trainspotters and serious old skool heads.

I.E. Us.

And now we're not going to be buying them. Good luck with the sales. I'm sure those people who buy endless compilations with Sweet Harmony on are going to be flocking in to buy (for EG) unreleased Bogwoppa MP3s.

And when you put your YT clips up, what's to stop people from submitting copyright infringement on you for putting up material with uncleared samples and getting it taken down?

Anyway, my advice to all YT channels. Make it clear that your uploads are for educational purposes, call your channels "libraries" and swerve the copyright :D

dest
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dest » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:16 am

RonWellsJS wrote:Is there a FULL LIST of tracks that HardcoreJunglism claim to own the rights to?

FYI: Copyright can only be transferred in writitng so if there was no contract between the original label and the artist, the artist still owns the work by default (e.g. this is the case with the entire Basement Records Catalogue and many other lablels).

Also it's the actual recordings of the tracks that are owned by the Label so any personal or special DJ remxes (dubs) will not necessarily be owned by the original label either. And... where contracts exisisted, many of the terms will have lapsed.

Anyone is free to re-load the tunes (using the same samples) and make a new recording (thus a cover version) and release, share it (as long as the composers are paid their publishing rights).

I would very much like to check this list to see any any of my works are in it - as they will be removed by me (and the artists, most of whom I'm still in contact with).

FTR, I don't have a problem with someone making a PROFESSIONAL go at monetising back catalogue but, I've not met many professionals in the music industry yet... this will be interesting, to say the least.

Pm sent :)

Ornette
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Ornette » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:24 am

I must say, I am looking forward to downloading some of the digital back catalogue from Reinforced, the As Nasty As I Wanna Be EP for instance which is sooo muddy on the vinyl, I always struggle to get a good sound out of "Here Come The Drums" :) . I know the one on The Early Plates is by far a lot better, just a shame they put the remix of "Dark Angel" rather than the original

I think though where you're getting it wrong is by thinking all of this is just simply pre-existing. It isn't. Most of these tunes were abandoned by the dj's and the artists years ago, rightly or wrongly. It was only a few contrived ones here & there that got remembered, "Valley Of The Shadows" for instance is a big example.

Over a period of time members of the community put their heads together, comparing notes, each adding from their own little bubble of knowledge from the tunes they'd bought back in the day. We all had to believe in ourselves to keep this music alive, the mainstream dance music industry always hated the rave strand of it all and the scene itself moved on and became drum & bass or happy hardcore. Only because it was people like us that refused to forget how great those older tunes were did any of this continue to hold a presence, and that the 'old skool' sound began to take on a common lexicon to the larger public.

Eventually Youtube came along - and some enterprising people used it as a platform to promote and air this music we so loved. This affected to raise awareness with less-obssesive people who nonetheless may have gone out raving back in the day too. For the most part, artists seemed to be accepting of this, probably surprised that tunes that they'd long forgotten about continued to attract an audience!

I'd definitely say its key to try to work with the Youtube channels than against them, without them there wouldn't be the awareness for these tunes there currently is. Why not try that approach first?

I'm sure most people here applaud your attempts to legitimise our music, I certainly do although to be honest this really is something that should have happened years ago. In the meantime, its us whos been doing the leg work, putting out the represses, contacting the artists, promoting the music. Lets all try to work together, rather than against each other :)

dest
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dest » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:30 am

Ornette wrote:I must say, I am looking forward to downloading some of the digital back catalogue from Reinforced, the As Nasty As I Wanna Be EP for instance which is sooo muddy on the vinyl, I always struggle to get a good sound out of "Here Come The Drums" :) . I know the one on The Early Plates is by far a lot better, just a shame they put the remix of "Dark Angel" rather than the original
http://www.beatport.com/release/reinfor ... tes/225690

Id be willing to bet that HCJ will be selling the exact same files.
He claims to be remastering everything, no doubt that the full extent of that is to run it through Audacity and apply a few filters!

eazyflow
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by eazyflow » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:16 am

Ornette wrote: Lets all try to work together, rather than against each other :)
In a nutshell.

A rethink on this and I'm sure that it's not too late to un-do the damage done. If HCJ continues with this bloody-mindedness and short-sighted view to how Youtube channels such as Martyn's are actually a huge benefit then I fear it will be too late and the project will be doomed before it even got off the ground.

The scene is far too small to be making enemies. The small scene we have has been built on a community spirit of helping each other out than fighting each other. Let's not make it about rivalry now.

RonWellsJS
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by RonWellsJS » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:02 pm

Thanks for the PMs. This list does not contain any works that concern me.

Interesting point about stating you are an educational library, that probably holds some kind of water but I'm not a legal expert to that extent.

Personally I think the work you guys have put in to build such a valuable resource on 'Old Skool' should be applauded. People on YT like Martyn Webster, Mickey Beam, Ginger Deano, (sorry to any of you guys on here that I've not mentioned as I don't really know who most of you are on YT), etc, etc... should be saluted for their efforts.

;-)

dest
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dest » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:24 pm

Thanks for the support mate, it means a lot, and is more than an honour to share the awesome tunes from Basement :D