** Youtube Channel Owners Important **

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
lixx
Regular
Regular

Re: ** Youtube Channel Owners Important **

Post by lixx » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:08 pm

This guy is just trying to scare people into taking off their YT videos. Youtube doesn't know any better with this obscure music. He probably claims to be some legitimate authority to them. The reason he is doing this is to try to scare people into doing it themselves so he does not have to comb through youtube finding every track he wants to sell. That would be a lot of work.

I encourage people to NOT take down their videos and keep their channels open. Make him work. This authority he's claiming is complete bullshit. He might have a few artists at best, but I doubt it.

What will he try next? Telling discogs private sellers can't sell their own records because he has them exclusively?

dj_yt
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dj_yt » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:11 pm

Isn't youtube the most accessible way for a lot of old ravers to rediscover tunes from yesteryear? B2VOS itself used to serve this function with streaming RealAudio tracks which I'm sure attracted a lot of people here in the late 90s.

All NEW commercial music is posted on youtube, generally with a full music video as well.

I can't see the current crop of YT videos doing anything other than helping your sales. Most of us on this site have spent THOUSANDS on Oldskool over the years: records, tape packs and events. I think you're forgetting what a small scene this is.

retrospect
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by retrospect » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:16 pm

dj_yt wrote:Isn't youtube the most accessible way for a lot of old ravers to rediscover tunes from yesteryear?
Exactly

mikus
New User
New User

Post by mikus » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:31 pm

pete.devnull wrote:
Really I just wish someone could come up with a solution to still have these songs in full streaming format online.
Heres a solution: stop being monopolising dicks about this and put the tunes up on your own channel if you want and leave everyones else alone.

I know youtube comments bring out the worst in people, but i look forward to reading the comments in those youtube videos you lot post up. I think you're going to need to disable them.
Last edited by mikus on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

DocOdessah
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DocOdessah » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:52 pm

retrospect wrote:
dj_yt wrote:Isn't youtube the most accessible way for a lot of old ravers to rediscover tunes from yesteryear?
Exactly
And a good way to draw new people in to the scene!

Rilla
New User
New User

Post by Rilla » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:59 pm

I was going to put a long and tedious rant about all the reasons this shouldnt be happening and youtube channels should be allowed to post what ever they like. But you all did for me. So i'll keep it short and sweet.

Hardcorejunglism = PRICK.

That is all

dest
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dest » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:00 am

My channel has loads of comments from people who have just discovered the music randomly by browsing, and literally beg for recommendations of other tunes to listen to!

RandySteiner
New User
New User

Post by RandySteiner » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:08 am

HardcoreJunglism.com WILL BE A MASSIVE FAILURE!

It's disgusting what you're trying to do!

FCUK YOU!

-Anonymous-
New User
New User

Post by -Anonymous- » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:16 am

The people have spoken.

Your motives are not of the nature of the scene.
Greed will be your downfall.

EXPECT US

nebkins
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by nebkins » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:18 am

My tuppence worth.

Fuck mp3. If you havent tracked down the vinyl or copy of the dubplate then you will never truly own the music.

BrianBadonde
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by BrianBadonde » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:31 am

dest wrote:My channel has loads of comments from people who have just discovered the music randomly by browsing, and literally beg for recommendations of other tunes to listen to!
This is what these channels are all about. Fuck anyone that wants to shut them down.

Ok in a bit smashed apologies if I offend anyone

RandySteiner
New User
New User

Post by RandySteiner » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:51 am

HardcoreJunglism.com IS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LazlowUK
New User
New User

Post by LazlowUK » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:35 am

As a long time follower of Dest, I have to say that what HarcoreJunglism is attempting to communicate, is a bag of shit.

If you really want people to believe what you're demanding of them, I'd suggest that you post ALL of the paperwork securing licensing and copyright ownership from each and every artist/label you're supposed to be stocking, so YT channel providers not making a penny from their channels can verify what you're saying.

Secondly, I don't see why you're targeting people who are blatantly on youtube just to keep the music alive, and available in some form. Destiny hasn't been selling anything on youtube. You can't DL the tracks. Channels like Dest's are frikking invaluable collections of stuff it's almost impossible to acquire on the high street.

Have you even given thought to the notion that channels like Dest's would actually help you to sell legitimate copies of tracks? I can't buy from Dest, but I've purchased tunes online that I've heard on his channel. Take channel providers like him and work with them, rather than attempt to evict them...

If you want to sell tracks, go ahead. But if you think you'll just be able to wipe content providers off the map like they're nothing, AND EXPECT CIVILITY IN RETURN... you'd better be prepared for some serious blowback.

Think carefully, the internet is a cut throat arena to start throwing your "copyright" weight around. Unless you want your site permanently taken out of the equation by pissed off hackers, might be an idea to back down on this...

LazlowUK
New User
New User

Post by LazlowUK » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:59 am

No fucking way....

I reg'd up to this site (finally) because Destiny put up a video saying this was happening.

Show the paperwork, I don't believe it.

Second, did this hardcorejunglism guy ever stop to consider that YT content providers like Dest are actually encouraging legal sales of this music. It's hard (impossible) finding most of these tracks in the high street.

Funnily enough, thinking about it now, I've purchased at least 3 tunes online after finding them on Dest's channel. I can tell you now that I'll sure as hell boycott the hardcore junglism site, you won't get any likes, any tweets, and certainly no purchases from me.

What you're doing, STINKS. I hope all YT channel providers band together and rally against this. Making people remove content they have emotional and/or nostalgic connections to isn't going to do you any favours. It's going to make a lot of people incredibly angry.

Not the best way to start your business, sir....

Double Drop
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Double Drop » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:24 am

A YouTube channel hosting music with inherent dodgy sample and copyright issues is in no position to be trying to shut down other YouTube channels hosting the same music.

Of course if you can prove that every single sample in every single tune that you're hosting is legit then I'm sure no one would ever consider reporting HardcoreJunglism for copyright violation.