** Youtube Channel Owners Important **

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Re: ** Youtube Channel Owners Important **

Post by rage » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:46 pm

renegadegenius wrote:
The issue isn't with the artists earning money from an 'Exclusive' store - it's the youtube thing. Potentially destroying 10-15 years of building up, what is basically a library of online old skool (20-25 year old) tunes for people to listen to, ID & then go and find.

They aren't going to earn anything off having exclusive youtube content.
All they are doing is p1ssing off the very people they were hoping to sell to.

It's about doing the right thing, which they (HJ) don't seem to have any interest in.
I agree completely that YouTube is a wonderful resource, I have ID'd hundreds of tracks through it and I am very thankful for those that have taken their time to create the clips, sometimes with great videos to go alongside them. There has always been a huge elephant in the room however when it comes to the legal side of things (even moreso recently now some people are uploading HQ rips and making profit through ads) and also the views of the artists themselves which I would imagine has rarely been taken into account before people upload tracks which ultimately they have no right to. To one artist, as has been said already in this thread it may be an honour that someone has gone to the effort to upload one of their tracks, but to another it might be considered bootlegging, which ultimately is what it is when you look at it from a copyright point of view.

The way I see it is if you have a channel, make the effort to approach the artist and ask them whether they are happy or not, then youve either covered your back and can stick two fingers up at HardcoreJunglism or you can take it down and let them do it.

I know Im going against the grain of popular opinion in this thread and Im not taking sides or trying to make enemies. I just cant help but feel that as the likes of Flex, Randall, Skeleton, Reinforced and others have all signed up to this site it seems like they are trying to create a legit way for digital music to be distributed and for the artists we all love so much to earn a few quid from all the pleasure they have given us. Everyone making them out to be some sort of pariahs seems well OTT to me.

champion puffa
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by champion puffa » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Lets be honest.........

If any of the artists or the site think there is any money other than a few pints and a pack of fags going to be made from selling WAVs and youtube hits of 20+ year old tunes and unreleased obscurities from underground artists from 20+ years ago then they are all living in cloud cuckoo land with that geeza from a couple of years ago that was givin it large his oldskool event was going to be selling 20,000 tickets :lol:

If nothing else this thread alone has given the site all the promo they need and im willing to bet left nut that most people that are slagging them off will be buying tunes from them soon if they have not already.

As said by someone else though... it's all smoke over water and once people have got over themselves and bought wha tthey want i can't see it lasting very long going against the likes of Juno, Beatport etc..... there is just not the numbers of buyers in the world for such a small and lets face it... old music scene these days.

Ornette
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Ornette » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:26 pm

I still think there is an opportunity for Hardcore Junglism to get off its high horse & work with the youtube channel owners.

dest
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dest » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:10 pm

I'm not so sure, his silence speaks volumes!
He didn't even bother to announce the launch on here so can't see him coming back with his tail between his legs

Thrash
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Thrash » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Had a gander... Nowt worth buying anyway unless they really have 2014 sonics, which I doubt.

Ornette
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Ornette » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:41 pm

I'm not going on there til this gets sorted out.

Undergroundtruth
New User
New User

Post by Undergroundtruth » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:50 pm

The site is probably not going to profit well. Like it has been stated countless times already on the thread there is little support. In the end the MUSIC is what is at stake. If it really was anything about money these tunes would be irrelevant. The idea of a mp3 distributor for these tunes does not call for the removal of youtube. Harcore Junglist is NOT a hardcore junglist. Junglisss don't give a damn for babylon paper.

Here's a tip for the scrub at making a dollar. If you plan to sell something. Make sure the majority isn't against your ass. There is a reason mcdonalds, etc act like they care. You blatantly show no care what so ever for the tunes. Did you really expect to turn a profit? lol

ian saunders
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by ian saunders » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:05 pm

Elusive9T2 wrote:On a positive note, the Foul Play interview is ace :D
It's good, but I heard the Uncle Dugs interview, so there's not really anything new.

ian saunders
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by ian saunders » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:24 pm

Just thinking about you'd make a site like HJ, but make it workable. We've all been talking about what HJ have done wrong, what would we do to make a site like that viable (obviously viability is relative, it's never going to make a lot of money).

Maybe like an online version of a pop-up shop. 3 months online maximum, A basic no-frills website, easy to navigate. Contracts with artists, working with YT channels, forums etc and a reasonable price. After 3 months, the contracts expire and the site goes offline.

There is not going to be an ongoing demand for these tunes. The people who want them will buy them...then you'll be lucky to sell one a year whilst trying to maintain a website.

retrospect
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by retrospect » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:28 pm

electric tribe wrote:

From looking at the content doesn't look like it should overly affect too many YT vids. Seems, admittedly not looked at all content, to only affect a couple of camps of labels and a small pool of artists.
If Hadrcorejunglist.com, aka bertie big bollox, is successful in lodging a copyright claim against a youtube channel it will likely result in the whole channel being removed and all of it's content. The majority of the obscure oldskool tunes are hosted on just a few channels that host thousands of tracks, so all that music and the work it took to upload them will be gone due to a complaint regarding just a few tunes.

MikeW
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by MikeW » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:51 pm

Just having a listen to some of the clips on this site and they sound like poorly remastered vinyl rips to me. For example, Impact Crew - Feel Good:

http://hardcorejunglism.com/products/im ... eels-good/

Is clearly a vinyl rip run through a de-clicking plugin without much care, the breakdown sounds awful. Ironically, a Youtube rip might even sound as good, if not better!! I'd sooner buy the vinyl and do my own rip properly!

I was looking forward to buying stuff off this site but the guy's attitude, the poor audio quality of some of the content, and the fact that there isn't much on there that I haven't already got, means it's a bit of a non-event for me. I suspect I am not alone.

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by jonny » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Farcical stuff this charlatan 'Hardcore Junglism' shouldn't be given the time of day and told where to go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

lixx
Regular
Regular

Post by lixx » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Who the fuck cares really. He hasn't got much on his site. Just buy the vinyl, you'll be happier in the end. Youtube channel people just keep doing what you're doing. Pay this clown no mind.

Had a gander at UK copyright law today for shits and giggles. If I read it correctly 70 years from a musical works inception before it's public domain. So we have about another 50 years to wait before these discussions become moot? I'm 45 now so I'll probably be 6 feet under by then.

RonWellsJS
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by RonWellsJS » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:14 am

I would have thought that the uploader on YT placing links to the artist site, Facebook or SoundCloud page would help everyone. IF I was selling my catalogue on-line I would simply ask any YT uploader to do this and most importantly request they don't upload very high quality files.

I have seen comments before on YT where people have complained about the sound quality and the uploader has replied with "My job is to get it noticed, if you want a good copy then go and buy it"

... That, for me, is in the spirit of how it should be = everyone wins.

FTR, YT royalties are not even worth collecting unless you are getting millions of views, as in I get a few quid a quarter and there's a whole heap of my stuff on there - although most of it isn't registered properly... I can't be bothered with the admin to sort it as the effort to revenue ratio is all wrong.

I said it before... digital killed the underground artist's earning capacity... making a proper living out of it is over. In this respect 'a war over pennies' is pointless.

Best : R

dest
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dest » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:47 am

Ron, I wish there were more artists with your common sense!

As for mike, I hear he did a remix of The core with out Neil's permission and has that up on his own youtube channel.
Says it all really doesn't it.