** Youtube Channel Owners Important **

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
champion puffa
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Re: ** Youtube Channel Owners Important **

Post by champion puffa » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:10 pm

I was hoping to support the site for what (if any) Drum n Bass you may have come up, but unfortunatly after reading what your plan on YT is going to be.... ill just go to the Russian sites to grab anything they will be putting up days after they are available on your site.

I HOPE what you are talking about does not come to pass.... but if your site continue down the path you are talking about.... good luck... but no thanks.

dest
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dest » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:12 pm

There are 1021 videos/tunes on my channel, and I have made the choice to NOT turn on advertising.
Two reasons for that, 1)they're not my tunes to make money from, and I have no wish to do that anyway, and 2)the adverts are bloody annoying!

problemchild
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by problemchild » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:14 pm

this takes the piss... unliked the page on fb... wont be getting any business from me

HardcoreJunglism
Regular
Regular

Post by HardcoreJunglism » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Well as I suspected even though I made the effort to do the right thing and give people a heads up we are in the wrong anyway

Martyn we have spoken by email and your crap of making out that one of the artists did not know about this is a pathetic

Everyone has signed a contract agreeing to this (its clause 2.7 for your ref)and its happening anyway regardless of your attempt at stirring up shit

Once I has put the artist straight who you tried to stir up shit with they knew exactly what was going on so nice try

Also your claim to have permission - We have it in the contract that labels / artists can white list specific channels if they wish and funnily enough not one person has taken then opportunity to mention your channel or anyone else.

And yes we are trying to make money - FOR THE ARTISTS of course we are going to stop people putting up whole full length tracks when we are going to be selling them

We have made the choice to make this thread public to try to ensure as little amounts of channels are affected so if we were trying to eliminate the competition as you claimed why would we tell everyone to remove specific tracks and artists

Every track that is being removed will still be available as clips not full tracks on our channel any ways

regardless we have made a effort when we didnt need to so maybe you would have preferred if we had just not given you a chance to remove the content instead?

So thanks for your email stating that you will ensure to make sure you tell everyone how to get our content for free this shows that you are not interested in the best interests of the artists and purely interested in your own business - to try and blackmail us by threatening to leak our products is pretty pathetic and wont make a bit of difference all it has done is served a purpose to show labels that you don't give a shit about them

Like I said in email you are clearly trying to stir up shit when we were quite happy to work with you on this so good luck to you but I wont be getting into an argument any more with you over it

maxxvinyl

Post by maxxvinyl » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:17 pm

who is "HardcoreJunglism" already a regular with only 29 posts?

will there be any vinyl releases or just downloads?

problemchild
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by problemchild » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:27 pm

why dont you do something else instead of fuck with peoples shit pal... u dont own the scene

Ornette
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Ornette » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:32 pm

We've all done a lot to keep this music alive. Don't tread on us

leonized
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by leonized » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Holy shit... It's World War MP3!!!

wigs
Regular
Regular

Post by wigs » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:41 pm

leonized wrote:Holy shit... It's World War MP3!!!
=D>

HardcoreJunglism
Regular
Regular

Post by HardcoreJunglism » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:42 pm

like i said we are trying to work with people

unfortunately rather than act professionally martyn has chosen to threaten us

its not about causing anyone any issues but Martyn has made it quite clear he would rather issue me with threats and act like a child over this

Fuck its not like we are trying to make money for the copyright owners or anything

BrianBadonde
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by BrianBadonde » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:43 pm

Not touching this new site with a barge pole!

wigs
Regular
Regular

Post by wigs » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:45 pm

HardcoreJunglism wrote:like i said we are trying to work with people
Can you explain what the issue with having them on youtube is anyway? I don't get it.. If people want an mp3 version of a tune they will either buy one, or find somewhere to download it.. I can't see that having the music on youtube would do anything other than enhance potential sales.

maxxvinyl

Post by maxxvinyl » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:49 pm

HardcoreJunglism wrote:
Fuck its not like we are trying to make money for the copyright owners or anything
i think wot ppl are trying to say are u are missing the bigger picture

warpedcore
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by warpedcore » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:52 pm

if you have permission from artist to sell their tunes and i presume they will be high quality mp3's or on wav how is youtube going to affect sales? lots of people have invested a lot of time and effort building their youtube profiles and more to the point youtube is not the place to download as the rips converted to video sound terrible when converted back to mp3 so getting stuff removed for copyright sounds like a very dickish move on your part ...

besides there are plenty of places to download high quality rips of oldskool tunes for free which most people that mix with mp3's and wav's already use .... looks to me that your site is dead in the water before you have even started especially after this good luck

HardcoreJunglism
Regular
Regular

Post by HardcoreJunglism » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:55 pm

Well yes as we are a online shop the idea is to make money for the artist what other reason is there for opening a shop lol

Like I said to you on email no one threatened you - it was you who started threatening us

I could quite happily post up the other side of the conversation with said artist who after I had rectified your claims to him said he wishes us the best of luck with the launch and will post it up on the labels page on Monday

Regardless of your threats we are a business and will continue with our business

Like i said this was not any attempt at anything other than to work with channel owners so its a shame you have taken it in this direction

By the way you didnt answer my email about your involvement with DB9

As apparently I am pissing off everyone here there is no point in this conversation so ill bow out now and get back to work