Unreleased track From DJ Junk

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Paul Zykotik
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Re: Unreleased track From DJ Junk

Post by Paul Zykotik » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:19 am

I might be wrong but I think the point Mr Geese is making is that people snap up these limited presses and then whack them up on Discogs at massively inflated prices. It's a problem across a number of scenes now.

nebkins
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by nebkins » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:48 am

I think they were examples of the good represses.

nebkins
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by nebkins » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:52 am

Im trying to work out if mikes remark about nerdy record collectors is an insult or compliment to me.

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:14 am

Paul Zykotik wrote:I might be wrong but I think the point Mr Geese is making is that people snap up these limited presses and then whack them up on Discogs at massively inflated prices. It's a problem across a number of scenes now.
True, but for example with the bits I've put out, I'd have never sold all the 100 copies if I hadn't let people buy multiples.
It's a shame for the people that didn't manage to grab a copy though to have to pay triple or more the original price.

dj_gyr8
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by dj_gyr8 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:12 am

Hi,

The only point I was trying to make, is that its gr8 we'll get all this cool tracks, but sad we'll never get them on vinyl.

At least vinyl is something physical, as I worry once this site is live, all it takes is a few ppl to upload tracks to illegal sharing sites etc, and then nobody will buy digital from the new site. Very sad, if you consider all the hard work that must have been put in :-(

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:14 pm

dj_gyr8 wrote: At least vinyl is something physical, as I worry once this site is live, all it takes is a few ppl to upload tracks to illegal sharing sites etc, and then nobody will buy digital from the new site. Very sad, if you consider all the hard work that must have been put in :-(
Those that want to support will.
Those that don't want to put in their pocket won't, regardless - it's how it has been since the day of copying spectrum tapes (Although a bit more widespread now).

And those that want the tunes on vinyl can easily buy the digital tracks & have it done themselves & would surely cost a lot less than buying the original vinyl going by what's been said above about how much some of these usually go for.

Mr_Geese
Regular
Regular

Post by Mr_Geese » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Paul Zykotik wrote:I might be wrong but I think the point Mr Geese is making is that people snap up these limited presses and then whack them up on Discogs at massively inflated prices. It's a problem across a number of scenes now.
Yeah that was my point

People go on about the scene keeping the music alive blah blah all they are interested in is sitting on them and hoping some cock buys it for a stupid price, if they were that interested in the scene they'd give it away or at least sell it for the price they got it for after they've .wav ed it

Yeah in no way was i taking a swipe at those putting in the time money and effort to bring us tunes and doing it the right way, after all i've brought most of them and very much appreciate there time and effort i'd look like a bit of a dick if i was taking swipes at them wouldn't i?

renegadegenius wrote:And those that want the tunes on vinyl can easily buy the digital tracks & have it done themselves & would surely cost a lot less than buying the original vinyl going by what's been said above about how much some of these usually g
I agree with you renegade genius, lets say photek flavour of sound, you buy the wav for 10 (just using a random price random track) you cut the dub for your self for what? 30? 40? 50? how much did it go for again on ebay? 200 plus?

Makes perfect sense to me, people want shit but dont want to put there hand in there pocket, far to many entitled muppets about now

MikeW
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by MikeW » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:10 pm

nebkins wrote:Im trying to work out if mikes remark about nerdy record collectors is an insult or compliment to me.
:D Don't worry I would definitely count myself in that particular group!!

HardcoreJunglism
Regular
Regular

Post by HardcoreJunglism » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:10 pm

will2003 wrote:
Very true.

Are you on the same number from years back when I met you at Beau's studio?

Got some good contacts from all the vinyl I've done, people who might well be up for giving you content for digital sales etc.
Nah different number mate PM me your digits and ill bell you soon geeza

Elusive9T2 wrote:
It won't take long for your back cat to end up on sites like only the oldskool....etc
Some people will still refuse to put their hand in their pockets with mpfrees
I hope you site is successful I'm looking forward to seeing what tunes you have & I will definitely be buying from you
Regardless of what music or genre it is as soon as it is released then it will turn up on pirate sites. Yes we take a lot of measure against it but the thing is with that market is that the people that get music from those sites will never buy music so its a lost cause giving a shit about them yes we will monitor it and act accordingly if we can but its not the main interest to us

people that want to buy it will now have a legal way of buying it and can do so if they wish

this projects not about the pirates and file sharers its about getting this music available to the people who want to buy it legally which from going on just the feedback of my mates and the people who have been messaging us is a large audience

pete.devnull
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by pete.devnull » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:38 pm

Looking forward to it, how much are you going to charge? will all formats be available?
Feel free to take a look at my site or send me a list of stuff which will be for sale and I'll remove it ASAP / keep the article and change it to include a link to your site when its available.
HardcoreJunglism wrote:
will2003 wrote:
Very true.

Are you on the same number from years back when I met you at Beau's studio?

Got some good contacts from all the vinyl I've done, people who might well be up for giving you content for digital sales etc.
Nah different number mate PM me your digits and ill bell you soon geeza

Elusive9T2 wrote:
It won't take long for your back cat to end up on sites like only the oldskool....etc
Some people will still refuse to put their hand in their pockets with mpfrees
I hope you site is successful I'm looking forward to seeing what tunes you have & I will definitely be buying from you
Regardless of what music or genre it is as soon as it is released then it will turn up on pirate sites. Yes we take a lot of measure against it but the thing is with that market is that the people that get music from those sites will never buy music so its a lost cause giving a shit about them yes we will monitor it and act accordingly if we can but its not the main interest to us

people that want to buy it will now have a legal way of buying it and can do so if they wish

this projects not about the pirates and file sharers its about getting this music available to the people who want to buy it legally which from going on just the feedback of my mates and the people who have been messaging us is a large audience

HardcoreJunglism
Regular
Regular

Post by HardcoreJunglism » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:40 pm

pete.devnull wrote:Looking forward to it, how much are you going to charge? will all formats be available?
Feel free to take a look at my site or send me a list of stuff which will be for sale and I'll remove it ASAP / keep the article and change it to include a link to your site when its available.

We are selling wavs only as people tend to want higher quality these days

Prices are from 99p for stuff thats already available on other sites through to 2.99 for unreleased dubs

will drop you a pm with my contact info and we can get you a list of what we have available so if you could remove then that would be much appreciated - Thanks for taking the time to offer :)

tha liquid
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by tha liquid » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:44 pm

Good luck with this. It's nice to see the enthusiasm and effort put in.

:D

If you want to find out who the pirates of the tracks are then use hidden audio watermarking(the audio version of hiding messages/codes and text in pictures) and use a unique audio water mark for each time a track is bought or sent out. I'm sure you could automate the process online as and when a track is purchased.

:wink:

Peace...

HardcoreJunglism
Regular
Regular

Post by HardcoreJunglism » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:16 am

tha liquid wrote:Good luck with this. It's nice to see the enthusiasm and effort put in.

:D

If you want to find out who the pirates of the tracks are then use hidden audio watermarking(the audio version of hiding messages/codes and text in pictures) and use a unique audio water mark for each time a track is bought or sent out. I'm sure you could automate the process online as and when a track is purchased.

:wink:

Peace...
We have a system in place that will let us know who the purchaser of a track is if we find it on a p2p site. We have been using it for years on other projects and we actually caught someone before using it :)

aize
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by aize » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:32 am

Good call, I was just thinking this kind of thing should be essential for any digital music service. Wasn't aware it was already developed.

dj_gyr8
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by dj_gyr8 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi,

Watermarking works, we used to do it with all our promo CDs.

Only problem now, esp with WAV, is ppl can quite easily removed the unique signal, and thus no longer watermarked :-(

Unfortunelty, there will always be ppl out there who specifically try to upload to pirate sites etc.

IMO, if they simply got rid of all this file-sharing, the problem would be eliminated.