ANY NEW REPRESSES PLANNED?

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
melakaraya
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Re: ANY NEW REPRESSES PLANNED?

Post by melakaraya » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:00 am

Spangle8 wrote:

Im sure sales could be pushed a little more, i quite happy to support any spam within my group on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/197053743646276/
Nice one, might take you up on that offer :)
Spangle8 wrote: Ive been sourcing unreleased stuff myself. I know that Dave Charlesworth may be interested in releasing Guinness Track, which didnt see a release on his own label ADR. He is contactable via facebook. Ive spoken to him about it myself, so i feel u would get a reply from him if anyone is interested. I know of at least 5 people myself that would love to see this on vinyl.
Really? I've contacted him a few times, got a reply very quickly when I asked him about buying the WAV's of his back cat - but radio silence when I asked him about licensing his unreleased tracks - if he is genuinely interested, send him my way - as there are a couple of his unreleased tunes I'd love to see on wax (Guinness track included). Usual deal, royalty payment up front, full license agreement etc...

nebkins
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by nebkins » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:20 am

Guiness track is essential. Id pay £10 a copy for this if it helped cover costs

smeagol
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by smeagol » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:16 pm

yep guiness track id pay 12 quid for

The_Ruffneck
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by The_Ruffneck » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:15 am

renegadegenius wrote:Same goes for 'new' old skool.
See the 2x 12" I'm helping Yell-o-phase sell.
Couple of years back they would have sold out very quickly as they're proper old skool sounding tracks.
Even now I thought they'd sell out within a couple of weeks given the quality of the tunes, but nope - still got a load here & I've only been sent 1 half of what was pressed!

You always get people saying they don't want to buy mp3s & only want vinyl - sure you get the regulars that buy it, but where's the rest?

I wanted to put another vinyl out with some of my bits on, but not going to bother now. I know Gaffer still wants to, so we'll see how that goes, but for me, I can't afford to put £500+ behind a 100 press vinyl run & sell 20 copies...
Don't blame the punters , blame the economy.

Spangle8
Regular
Regular

Post by Spangle8 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:00 pm

nebkins wrote:Guiness track is essential. Id pay £10 a copy for this if it helped cover costs

if anyone wants to have a go at speakin to him about it feel free. He did say he wanted to think about releasing it on vinyl with a possible remix on the other side. This was a while back, and nothing has been said about it for a good few months now.

Perhaps he should be directed here so he can genuinely see the interest.

what evil lurks
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by what evil lurks » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:22 pm

I'm still waiting for that Killerhertz unreleased tune to happen, that will be a monster of a release!

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:32 pm

The_Ruffneck wrote: Don't blame the punters , blame the economy.
It hasn't helped has it.

noisemonkey
Regular
Regular

Post by noisemonkey » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:59 am

Just a quick post to say big ups to 7th Storey Projects, Ninety Two Retro & Sublogic Recordings for some quality releases. Got quite a few :D I'd be intrigued to know what unrelease bits were due for release as things like that Invisble Man plate is pure gold in my collection and the Fantazia EPs got great croud reactions including some hillarious gurning from a certain punter last NYE

DJ Fav
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by DJ Fav » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:18 am

Looks like a picked the wrong year to try and revive HWND Records!

Are you guys shifting units as mp3, or is that dead too?

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:29 am

MP3s are a complete waste of time IMO unless you're a major label. Mainly because of how much the stores rip you off, they keep more of the money than you do. When all you actually get is 50p per track, think how many you have to sell to make it worth your while. Plus in my experience they always find a way of getting out of paying you at all (lost data, new website upgrade etc.)

yell-o-phase
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by yell-o-phase » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:07 am

DJ Fav wrote:Looks like a picked the wrong year to try and revive HWND Records!

Well well.. I was just checking your good old "Hardcore Will Never Die"-releases on Discogs other day, and thought there's a quite many who wants number 1 and 2.. Why not repressing those two at first?

pineappletribe
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by pineappletribe » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:13 am

DJ Fav wrote:Looks like a picked the wrong year to try and revive HWND Records!

I used to use your website all the time to try and ID tracks/download mixes/ and so on!

Nice one fella -> you inadvertently helped me find loads of old tunes! =D> :D

Traffic Cone

Post by Traffic Cone » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:51 pm

dj jedi wrote:MP3s are a complete waste of time IMO unless you're a major label. Mainly because of how much the stores rip you off, they keep more of the money than you do. When all you actually get is 50p per track, think how many you have to sell to make it worth your while. Plus in my experience they always find a way of getting out of paying you at all (lost data, new website upgrade etc.)
surely even that is still better than the profits on vinyl though? and with less risk?

DJ Fav

Post by DJ Fav » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:02 pm

I had a mind to repress some of the tracks from the first 3 EPs - I've still got stock of HWND004, but I've been out of the loop for a few years so have no idea how strong the scene is these days. I've only just started producing again so haven't got any new stuff to press yet - have to say I'm spurred on by what I've heard from the FX - Nightmares EP - some class darkness!!

www.hardcorewillneverdie.com has been neglected too (naughty family life getting in the way of the 'core!), lots of the audio isn't working, so I'd planned to relaunch the site, the label and the merchandising later this year.

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:22 pm

Traffic Cone wrote: surely even that is still better than the profits on vinyl though? and with less risk?
I guess it depends what you want out of doing a release. I put out records for the buzz of having a physical record in my hand, posting them all out and getting feedback, even though you often lose money. I don't really get that satisfaction from emailing a few MP3s to an online store to sell on my behalf.

In terms of figures, the last time I used an online MP3 store I had about 10 tracks on there, it took 6 months to rack up £30 worth of sales across all the releases (which is the minimum they will pay out at) and then they magically had a database crash so all of my sales data was lost and I got nothing. Needless to say I haven't bothered since!