An answer i had from Jack Smooth..

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
lien
B2VOS VIP 2011
B2VOS VIP 2011

Re: An answer i had from Jack Smooth..

Post by lien » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:47 am

DFTRF5DF wrote:please don't turn this thread into some below par shite comedy Keith Lemon type crap banter
Ask what I like, if you don't like it... well you know what you can do!

retrospect
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by retrospect » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:29 pm

silky wrote:
I have to confess (due to my age) that I am not overly familiar with Kraftwerk and their signature sound so from a fans point of view what album would be a good start for me to delve into the world of Kraftwerk?

Thanks
I'd also add their Electric Cafe album from 1986, probably one of their more accessible albums if you're not familiar with much of Kraftwerk's music

silky
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by silky » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:26 am

retrospect wrote:
silky wrote:
I have to confess (due to my age) that I am not overly familiar with Kraftwerk and their signature sound so from a fans point of view what album would be a good start for me to delve into the world of Kraftwerk?

Thanks
I'd also add their Electric Cafe album from 1986, probably one of their more accessible albums if you're not familiar with much of Kraftwerk's music

Thanks fella.

lien
B2VOS VIP 2011
B2VOS VIP 2011

Post by lien » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:00 pm

What advice would you give anyone starting out? This is what we did well, this is what I would try to avoid.

RonWellsJS
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by RonWellsJS » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:59 pm

lien wrote:What advice would you give anyone starting out? This is what we did well, this is what I would try to avoid.
Avoid mixing with talentless, attention seeking assholes... better that you're the asshole that can learn something from someone who knows and has done better.

It's all about learning, reading, trying, failing, trying again, learning, winning.

You can summarize that into "work with great people, learn from them, work hard (practice) and raise yourself to their level and hopefully better them"... Find what you're good at and concentrate on improving it, work with others that have strengths that compensate your weaknesses. Never let some jumped up talentless dick take credit for your efforts.

;-)

BTW, that ain't just about music, that's about life.

Problem is, too many people sell themselves as great but are really assholes... life's difficult when you have to spend most of it vetting people.

I've tried to answer that in a complementary way to your style Lien (I like your sense of humour BTW)

:-)

ian saunders remix
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by ian saunders remix » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:10 pm

RonWellsJS wrote:
I've tried to answer that in a complementary way to your style Lien (I like your sense of humour BTW)

You're the only one that does ;) :lol:

lien
B2VOS VIP 2011
B2VOS VIP 2011

Post by lien » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:20 pm

ian saunders remix wrote:
RonWellsJS wrote:

You're the only one that does ;) :lol:
I no longer love you Ian! Thats why I kicked you from Facebook! ;) :lol: *

* I kicked you all from B2VOS & then deleted my account.... not just Ian

noisemonkey
Regular
Regular

Post by noisemonkey » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:37 pm

Any chance of a reissue of the Fastfloor album?

RonWellsJS
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by RonWellsJS » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:00 am

noisemonkey wrote:Any chance of a reissue of the Fastfloor album?
I would consider it, but pretty sure the DATs are not error free. If one needs to be re-done, the whole lot has to be re-done for consistency. That's a fair bit of work that we don't have time for right now.

maxxvinyl
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by maxxvinyl » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:54 am

i'm nut a Basement fanboy, i prob only have about 10 releases, but i do like ya Wax Factory stuff with Chris, Four Seasons was my first and then Lifes Little pleasures.

Do u still see/hear from Chris?

PS I didn't know about 2 Da Core, fanx for dat :)

RonWellsJS
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by RonWellsJS » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:56 pm

maxxvinyl wrote:i'm nut a Basement fanboy, i prob only have about 10 releases, but i do like ya Wax Factory stuff with Chris, Four Seasons was my first and then Lifes Little pleasures.

Do u still see/hear from Chris?

PS I didn't know about 2 Da Core, fanx for dat :)
No, he stole a lot of money from me, he's off my XMAS card list!

pineappletribe
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by pineappletribe » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:59 pm

@Ron...

Just following on from a Kraftwork remark of mine several chapters back :biggrin:

Let me just say that the Ozric Tentacles have got to be one of the worst bands in the history of music. Their annoying trite pestered me throughout the 90's & quite frankly their followers' annoyed me almost as much - in similar fashion to those that eulogise over Kraftwork!

Next you'll be telling me you admire the Levellers & were lost in life til you heard the depth of lyrics of New Model Army!

:biggrin:

PS. I am on the crappest wifi available in Udaipur right now... I have to use a proxy coz b2vos is rejecting my flakey Indian IP... and it has literally taken about 25mins to post this reply. But - it needed to be said!!!

I am now firmly in the belief you are a freak of nature - how the fvck can you write a tune as brilliant as Plight of the Innovators AND like the Ozrics....???? I don't get it. I need to lie down!

I look forward to your reply but am offline as sadly flying home via Delhi over the next 24hrs. To be continued!

PPS. Hope yer well to all of ya. Namaste :biggrin:

ian saunders remix
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by ian saunders remix » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:42 pm

Not a fan of the Ozrics then? :lol:

RonWellsJS
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by RonWellsJS » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:50 pm

pineappletribe wrote:@Ron...

Just following on from a Kraftwork remark of mine several chapters back :biggrin:

Let me just say that the Ozric Tentacles have got to be one of the worst bands in the history of music. Their annoying trite pestered me throughout the 90's & quite frankly their followers' annoyed me almost as much - in similar fashion to those that eulogise over Kraftwork!

Next you'll be telling me you admire the Levellers & were lost in life til you heard the depth of lyrics of New Model Army!

:biggrin:

PS. I am on the crappest wifi available in Udaipur right now... I have to use a proxy coz b2vos is rejecting my flakey Indian IP... and it has literally taken about 25mins to post this reply. But - it needed to be said!!!

I am now firmly in the belief you are a freak of nature - how the fvck can you write a tune as brilliant as Plight of the Innovators AND like the Ozrics....???? I don't get it. I need to lie down!

I look forward to your reply but am offline as sadly flying home via Delhi over the next 24hrs. To be continued!

PPS. Hope yer well to all of ya. Namaste :biggrin:
LOLOLOL! I'm sorry to have shattered your illusion.

I can only reply with "How can you like Plight of the Innovators and not Kraftwerk and the Ozrics"?

Agree that some of the Ozrics stuff can be OTT but some of it is genuinely crazy skilled, I don't mind their fans, but I can guess what you might be insinuating (unwashed, squatting eco warriors)?

I think possibly you might be a freak of nature, but I won't hold that against you, it's only taste at the end of the day. But I'm still a little bit cross that you don't like Kraftwerk.

(ps: I don't think I know any Levellers and New Model Army tunes)

;-)

What are you doing in India, work or play?

LOON-E
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by LOON-E » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:09 pm

Gotta admit i dont get the Ozric,s in the slightest..but my missis loves em (i dont get a fair bit of her tastes tbh lol )..does intrest me what us old enough to be into music pre "rave" listened too though..for me it was The Sex Pistols..Motown, Motorhead..punk bands and psychobilly (demented are go/The Meteors/King kurt etc) then Stone Roses/Neds Atomic dustbin and obv The Prodigy..led me too hardcore..then gabba/speedcore..sorta carried that jumping about vibe through my music..you were at the forefront Ron so there wernt all the reference points for writers/producers there is now..Was there stuff pre electronic that you still had in your mind when you 1st bought your 1st bits of kit?
For me its electric thrashy guitars..1st ever time in the studio..my 1st ideas were kick/snare and guitar riff :)

LOON-E