what do we all think of the 'RAT PACK' then?

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
tall paul
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Re: what do we all think of the 'RAT PACK' then?

Post by tall paul » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:11 pm

I normaly hate the Ratpack and think the ravebreaks sets they do now are a load of wank.

But i must admit to dancing my ass off to there set at Raindance 11th birthday at the Drome Oct 2000 :D the arena was rammed and the atmosphere was electric the crowd was going crazy when they were dropping tunes like Rachel Wallace "i feel this way" and Prodigy "Charly" i remember rushing outa my nut when they dropped urban hype "i feel the heat" :D
Since then they just seem to play Ravebreaks which is a good excuse to chillout or go check out another arena for an hour :lol:

J3D
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by J3D » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:01 am

tall paul wrote:I normaly hate the Ratpack and think the ravebreaks sets they do now are a load of wank.

But i must admit to dancing my ass off to there set at Raindance 11th birthday at the Drome Oct 2000 :D the arena was rammed and the atmosphere was electric the crowd was going crazy when they were dropping tunes like Rachel Wallace "i feel this way" and Prodigy "Charly" i remember rushing outa my nut when they dropped urban hype "i feel the heat" :D
Since then they just seem to play Ravebreaks which is a good excuse to chillout or go check out another arena for an hour :lol:
urban hype
And you was going so well ragging the fish finger lyrics !!! haha :lol:

res cru
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by res cru » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:02 pm

They must be doing someting right to be around after 20 years, still filling floors all over the UK, Spain and Greece.

There is even enuff peeps on here interested in dis/cussin them to get a 4 page thread going, usually peeps who have never seen them perform and base their opinions on some crackly 16 year old tape, lol.

Get out there, get buzzin, see em LIVE, live a little...

RESpect to the Ratpack, Old Skool Legends.

retrospect
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by retrospect » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:22 pm

When they were playing new music they were actually alright, i had'nt heard all the manix, production house, suburban base anthems a squillion times in the middle of 1992 so i loved them bitd.
Also heard them play some relatively underground tracks in the old days; EPS - follow your leader, Static Substance - Ghetto People remix, system AD - 21st century, etc.. shame they dont play anything but the anthems now but i guess that's why they make the $$$

res cru
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by res cru » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:14 pm

Elusive wrote:To be fair mate your a promoter & your going to be bigging them up aren't you,
I wouldnt exactly call myself a promoter as i only do one event a year but wtf has that got to do wiv anyting?

I have never booked them, i just pointed out that they are successful for good reasons and a lot of peeps on here slag them off having never seen them, i too am entitled to my opinion on this public forum, end of...

phil
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by phil » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:46 pm

When i think of Rtpack i think og their sets in the 90's as that was when i was raving and back then they were a good show doesnt matter what people say - i think they are playing what the majority of people want to hear - for me last time i saw them was in about 2000 and they were playing some newer breaks stuff which i didnt like much but the crowd were going mental so good luck to them - i think they could broaden there record box a bit then so now there records must be worn out if they are stiull playing the same tunes