Unknown Dream 001

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
aize
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Re: Unknown Dream 001

Post by aize » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:59 pm

Ho hum, you try to start a discussion about an interesting, fairly unusual bit of plastic and what happens? Feck all! :lol:

pete.devnull
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by pete.devnull » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:47 pm

Kind of neat single, thanks for the rip... Nothing I'd go crazy searching out, but I'd def pick it up for a few pounds if I found it in a bin somewhere :)

edit: the speed up / slow down stuff is definitely pretty weird, wonder what the deal was with that... assume it wasn't that hard to keep stuff matched to tempo if you're using an amiga to produce :)

dj_yt
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dj_yt » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm

aize1 wrote:So no opinions on this bit of vinyl at all then? Bah, last time i bother ripping anything ;) Personally i think side b is a killer tune, in fact they're all good, just heavilly let down by the production and sound quality as Elusive said.
Good to hear, but production quality is a bit too lo-fi for the tracks to really kick. I found certain bits of the tracks a bit annoying. Personally, I'd say pretty average 92/93 fodder, but what do I know? :)

aize
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by aize » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:40 pm

dj_yt wrote:
Good to hear, but production quality is a bit too lo-fi for the tracks to really kick. I found certain bits of the tracks a bit annoying. Personally, I'd say pretty average 92/93 fodder, but what do I know? :)
Fair enough. There are bits in there that don't really do it for me either, but there's a couple of samples which just give me goose bumps whenever i hear them. Particularly the breakdown on the b side and the drums. I think if someone did a remix and cleaned up the samples a bit it could be an absolute killer!

silky
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by silky » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:56 am

I bloody love these Whites i have loads myself, Many thanks for the Rips, please dnt feel that peeps dnt appreciate your efforts,

Side B is a killer track, i have this prob of the Dirtier the sound the better the tune, im a proper Whitey Lover, Elusive knows this :-)

If ya interested in listening to as few more id be happy to help!!

Another to the wants,

Thanks!

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:08 am

Just grabbed 2 of the links (inc that b-side) - some nice bits in there, especially that 1st breakdown on the b-side tune, but the sound is terrible - sounds like its been recorded from a chewed up tape - such a shame.

milo4miles
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by milo4miles » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:45 pm

i quite liked the first track until the dylon drop..the standout for me was b1. Sounds to me like they were all recorded onto tape then played out loud whilst being mastered through the floor ;)

Milo